Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Pathfinder
Personally, I do not believe that our lifes are such '' innocent games,'' as it is to hear in some beliefs. This is probably the key kernel as well how we look life itself. It's all just a game, nothing serious...and if so...why should we then even direct ourselves to the highest ideals? Why bother with morals..? From my belief or point of view, life is not just a meaningless illusion, from my point of view, we are beings in the process of evolution. I mean, we don't think today the same way as we had think when we was 10 years old, and our dreams, desires, wishes..are today completely different as they was when we was 15 years old. Personally, I don't believe that we are GOD, personally i look at it also from the field of reincarnation research as well, where we know for example, that people who had died in their previous life in a violent or tragic way, they can bring birthmarks even into this life, their bodies can have marks - for example of gunshot wounds which mark their previous life tragedies and so on. So if we take reincarnation research seriously or as authentic way that gives us insight into the ''afterlife,...'' then our lives are definitely not meaningless illusions, and our pains, tragedies, joy and happiness,..all our experiences combine play a key role in our further life travels,decisions...
Old 03-02-2020, 03:50 AM
Master

lemex . . .

There is nowhere that consciousness is not. Whether we are “conscious” or not depending on our criteria we demand to use to define and acknowledge consciousness . . . does not change the validity of consciousness itself.

Altho . . . without a doubt . . . mind can convince the individual of most anything.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:24 AM
Master

Some funny arguments lately, stated as absolute truths. This reminds of the tv series where a judge set a rule in her court, that every lawyer should end each of their statements with the words "in my opinion", to remind themselves, and everybody else, the relative weight of those statements.

Anyway, "truth" is decided neither by the larger number of supporters an idea has, nor by the vehemence of their supporting statements. Actually, in most cases, the majority makes uniformed choices that neutralize each other, and a minority of informed members tilt the balance toward the better decision.

It's amusing to see how angry are those who claim to know the truth. , especially those who believe in a benevolent God(!)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I would suggest that probably 99.999% of all people
cannot accept that this is a 'dream' or an 'illusion'.

Furthermore, Jesus said...."My kingdom is not of this world". But I do not want to damp your enthusiasm of
anticipating responses to your very hypothetical question.....:)
Hi,
My circle of friends (for decades) in real life are all aware that this place is an Illusion, and also, so temporary.
Whether they are spiritual or not doesn't seem to make a difference,
cuz they came to the 'dream conclusion' knowing of some quantum physics findings.
But, the more I am on forums posting with people all over the world - I do see it is rarer, yes.

I think I was trying to be pc, politically correct, saying, "If this is a dream..?"
My sentence hanging with friends would have been," Since this is a dream..."
See, I don't see the question as 'very hypothetical' ---nothing hypothetical about it, to me, anyway.
It's just a question?
I don't like 'If' questions, myself... I should have said, 'Since'.
(Sorry to repeat, on forums you kinda have to, but I was shown this place was not real, a dream
when I was 8 yrs old...and since then, also. LOL, with no drugs!)

I agree with Jyotir - that killing another interrupts their journey...we
don't have that right. Paraphrase.
And then mine earlier that to reach such a place of anger, God would not want us to 'go there'.

Oh, I should address - I never said our lives were illusion.
Death is...from God's perspective.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Suspended
Master
The thing about life is but a dream as an analogy or a matter of fact must encompass it's opposite in order to be so ..

So what life experience is had as a comparison that is not a dream?

The death of what you are would be seen to be illusory, however the physical life experience does indeed come to an end .

What you will find is, peeps that use the dream and illusory notions and apply it across the board will inevitably create problems and contradictions further down the line .

This is so because there are normally no comparisons for that which they say and imply .. Beyond the dream would be lived and experienced where exactly?

x dazzle x
Old 03-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Lorelyen

This "illusion" thing is cropping up again and again. So what, if it is what you've termed an illusion?

It's pretty persistent.

Earlier when I first formally set out to improve my spiritual development I asked the person who introduced me to Hermeticism "What IS reality then?" His reply was "Does it matter? You're here, it's around you. You have to deal with it."

So I'd ask - how d'you know it's an illusion? Do you know what's behind it and how it affects you as an illusion?.........Aside from the evident fact that the solidity of everything and all its properties is a product of our perception and the way we've dealt with it suggests we haven't made too bad a job. So, yes, illusory in that our senses don't allow us access to the microcosmic structure of everything we experience.

At least, since we can't communicate our individual experiences, it does support the case for solipsism.

.oOo.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Master

Alright! ‘Since this is a dream ...’

What is the unthinking reflex response of our consciousness within this dream or domain?

Contemplation along these lines may lead some of us to recognise that love enablement is the purpose of earth life.

This requires a transmutation ... a blossoming ... a becoming. (Which incidentally answers the question posed by this thread)

Dream or reality ... each domain an illusion for a higher reality. Now that we are here, let’s get a move on.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi,
My circle of friends (for decades) in real life are all aware that this place is an Illusion, and also, so temporary.
Whether they are spiritual or not doesn't seem to make a difference,
cuz they came to the 'dream conclusion' knowing of some quantum physics findings.
But, the more I am on forums posting with people all over the world - I do see it is rarer, yes.

I think I was trying to be pc, politically correct, saying, "If this is a dream..?"
My sentence hanging with friends would have been," Since this is a dream..."
See, I don't see the question as 'very hypothetical' ---nothing hypothetical about it, to me, anyway.
It's just a question?
I don't like 'If' questions, myself... I should have said, 'Since'.
(Sorry to repeat, on forums you kinda have to, but I was shown this place was not real, a dream
when I was 8 yrs old...and since then, also. LOL, with no drugs!)

I agree with Jyotir - that killing another interrupts their journey...we
don't have that right. Paraphrase.
And then mine earlier that to reach such a place of anger, God would not want us to 'go there'.

Oh, I should address - I never said our lives were illusion.
Death is...from God's perspective.

My circle of friends seems to be somewhat similar to yours, and it is so great to hang out with those who, like Ramana Maharshi, acknowledge that the waking state is simply a long drawn-out dream, a literal play of consciousness.

(Nobel-prize winning quantum physicists have come to a similar conclusion. Sir Arthur Eddington explicitly stated that the substance of the universe is "mind stuff" (for lack of better words) and Einstein talks about the universe being an optical illusion. The book, Quantum Questions, edited by Ken Wilbur, contains the "mystical writings" of several Nobel-Prize winning quantum physicists on this very subject.)
Old 03-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Have you changed your mind about war then?

Not really. If you are a soldier in as ordained, it is your duty to defend your Country in case of war. As in the Mahabharata for instance. But with a code of conduct.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My circle of friends seems to be somewhat similar to yours, and it is so great to hang out with those who, like Ramana Maharshi, acknowledge that the waking state is simply a long drawn-out dream, a literal play of consciousness.

(Nobel-prize winning quantum physicists have come to a similar conclusion. Sir Arthur Eddington explicitly stated that the substance of the universe is "mind stuff" (for lack of better words) and Einstein talks about the universe being an optical illusion. The book, Quantum Questions, edited by Ken Wilbur, contains the "mystical writings" of several Nobel-Prize winning quantum physicists on this very subject.)

Hey :)

So what would be the comparison had would you say in regards to life that is not dream based?

The thing here as I see it has to relate to the dream as a dream, so it doesn't matter how many nobel prizes quantum physicists have because they are part of the dream, there is nothing real about any of it unless it is a real dream and there is nothing illusory about it ..

We then have to understand the nature of the dream, the dream characters and the truthfulness that can come from a dream characters lips compared to someone-thing that is beyond the dream ..

This is why using 'mind' as a means to describe reality in this way doesn't work unless there is a beyond mind that one can relate too also..

The thing is in this regard is that beyond mind is beyond self and beyond the so called dream .. so how is it that one can say what they say when there is only the dream in effect .

It doesn't work .

Are dream / illusory yogi masters able to tell the truth from an unreal / illusory position that is mindful?

This is where contradictions can play a part here because we have a scenario where dream illusory characters declare themselves awake from the dream or somehow outside of the dream but these notions are not outside or beyond the very thing that they are negating .. it's referred to as a mind-trap ..

x dazzle x