Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Master
Umm i forget what you said lol let me find it lol
Old 23-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Brillliant analogy :)

Cool. You can often spot the ones who are trying to hold a ball underwater because they are somewhat manically telling people to SEE or to LOOK. And they often yell it.
Old 23-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g

When we hold a belief to be correct and right, we experience a disconnection from life. We align to a particular position. We close down. We become rigid. We defend. We push away opposing views and push away life.

Openness, fluidity, flexibility, possibility, potential....these are words I resonate with. With these things comes clarity, freedom, play, joy.

Ok ... if we hold too tight it is limiting yes however sometimes it is safe to embrace what we 'know' lol here we go again ...
Old 23-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Ok yes if we hold too tight it is limiting yes however sometimes it is safe to embrace what we 'know' lol here we go again ...

Well, I would say believing something to be correct and right does give us a sense of safety and security. But its a very fragile safety and security because there is always someone to argue that belief. A less fragile safety comes with being open to all perspectives, because then we dont have anything to lose.
Old 23-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Master
Mm i dont mean a false sense of security ... just resting easy lol it isn't so much about believing it to be correct and right .. it is just acknowledging that which is lol ...
Old 23-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Master
it's pointing to you.
direct your attention to where it is pointing
now without thoughts, feelings, memories, assumptions, associations
notice to where it is pointing.
is there a you?

Old 23-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
I would say thought is a form. Thought is part OF Creation.

Thought creates the space and subsequently all form, these are not different things, and the mind is not bound to the formal, it reaches infinity, which is devoid of context.
Old 23-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Mm i dont mean a false sense of security ... just resting easy lol it isn't so much about believing it to be correct and right .. it is just acknowledging that which is lol ...

I would say when we truly rest easy we are open so yes, we are not defending a position when we are resting easy.

'Acknowledging that which is' gets tricky because 'that which is' to one person is not the same to another person. Acknowledging 'that which is' can very easily become a belief that is held onto as correct and right.
Old 23-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Thought creates the space and subsequently all form, these are not different things, and the mind is not bound to the formal, it reaches infinity, which is devoid of context.

I dont think thought creates the space and all form because when I am in deep sleep at night, there is still stuff happening. Creation is still unfolding. If I die and thought stops, the rest of Creation does not stop. My grandparents died and yet Creation carried on. Seems to me that what you are arguing is that if a tree falls and you are not around to hear it, it makes no sound. I would say that it does still make a sound, because Creation doesnt revolve around me and my existence. There is something beyond 'me'.

Thought is really the same as space (not to be confused with the spaceless space). Both are form. Part of Creation.
Old 23-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
I would say when we truly rest easy we are open so yes, we are not defending a position when we are resting easy.

'Acknowledging that which is' gets tricky because 'that which is' to one person is not the same to another person. Acknowledging 'that which is' can very easily become a belief that is held onto as correct and right.
What about the collective experience of what is being revealed ...