Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-04-2011, 02:59 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
If I am nothing, then how can nothing become liberated?
There is no liberation when one is ensnared with the kind of thoughts trains you have.

When one realizes that nothing needs liberation and that liberation is nothing then liberation just is, nothing happening to nothing. This is because it is the ultimate dropping of everything, falling into the void with nothing to hold on to. Falling, falling, falling ,,,,,,,
Old 16-04-2011, 08:29 PM
LIFE

Hey Pre-Dawn, you never answered my question:

If there was someone that had a gun and asked a crowd of people, of which your were included, if there was anyone that would volunteer to take a bullet to the head, would your hand go up?

If not, why not?
Old 16-04-2011, 08:37 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
There is no liberation when one is ensnared with the kind of thoughts trains you have.

Of course there is. You just defined liberation as "nothing happening to nothing." Then my thoughts are, by definition, nothing happening to nothing.

My thought train (i.e., nothing) is happening to me (i.e., nothing). What's that? Nothing happening to nothing. Thus, I am liberated.

My thought train is as equally nothing as your thought train. Remember, if everything is nothing, then everything is equal.

So tell me then, some "thought trains" or more liberating than others?

Some realizations are more nothing or less nothing than other realizations?

You seem to be intimating a qualitative difference between "nothings".
Old 16-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Summerlander

I'd say to the gunman that I would gladly put my hand up if he puts his hand up first...and then takes his own bullet!

Why the hell would anyone put their hands up? Unless they're suicidal. I want to live and enjoy my time in this world if I have the choice. I'd only take a bullet if it meant saving my family.

Apart from that, I don't buy into the full-fledged altruistic poppycock. It's foolish! Care about your fellow man...sure...but don't forget about yourself. You're a person too!

Nah...
Old 16-04-2011, 08:58 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
Why the hell would anyone put their hands up? Unless they're suicidal.

That's for the person that posted that there is no qualitative difference between living and death, having experience or not having experience.

It's fine and well to make proclamations such as this, but do they really live like that or are they a hypocrite? That is the question.

If there would be any hesitation at all to take the bullet, and I do mean any at all, then it would clearly indicate that there is a difference between living and death in this person's thoughts as well.

It will be interesting to see what the response is, if there is one.
Old 17-04-2011, 07:00 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Hey Pre-Dawn, you never answered my question:

If there was someone that had a gun and asked a crowd of people, of which your were included, if there was anyone that would volunteer to take a bullet to the head, would your hand go up?

If not, why not?
Yes, halfway, to put up your hand.
Old 17-04-2011, 07:02 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
I am liberated.
I know. Why don't you?
Old 17-04-2011, 11:29 AM
LIFE

Well, I can see you're playing cute games now and are not interested in answering the questions in a honest, forthright, and respectful manner. Actually, it is rather evident that you can't answer these questions...

With that, I must bid you adieu.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:05 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Well, I can see you're playing cute games now and are not interested in answering the questions in a honest, forthright, and respectful manner. Actually, it is rather evident that you can't answer these questions...

With that, I must bid you adieu.
You insist that the answers pertain to the level you want them to be. You want them logical and reasonable so that you can shoot them down if they do not seem to conform, with the keyword being "seem".
Old 18-04-2011, 08:21 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
You insist that the answers pertain to the level you want them to be. You want them logical and reasonable so that you can shoot them down if they do not seem to conform, with the keyword being "seem".

Right, and you've shot down what I've answered, because it doesn't pertain to or conform with the "level" you want it to be.

See, there's always the other side.