Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Bible study by whatever denomination is designed to persuade you to their way of thinking, every denomination has their own belief system, so what on earth is a Christian, and who's belief system is correct, this is where the arrogance comes alive.

Wow, Slice...I don't think I have ever been called arrogant in reference to my religious beliefs. I think I feel a sense of pride coming over me. It's amazing how one little sentence can get me analyzed in a hot minute and there is so much more complexity to me.
Your postings all indicate that you have a general empathy and concern for people so, don't look now, but it looks like Slice is acting christian-like.

Blackraven

Last edited by blackraven : 17-04-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 17-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Wow, Slice...I don't think I have ever been called arrogant in reference to my religious beliefs. I think I feel a sense of pride coming over me. It's amazing how one little sentence can get me analyzed in a hot minute and there is so much more complexity to me.
Your postings all indicate that you have a general empathy and concern for people so, don't look now, but it looks like Slice is acting christian-like.

Blackraven
Hi blackraven, no I wouldn't say that I am acting Christian-like, more like Christ-like, or Buddha-like, or even Krishna-like, but really I don't like to label it, and after all Christians haven't got the monopoly on being nice to others.
Old 17-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi blackraven, no I wouldn't say that I am acting Christian-like, more like Christ-like, or Buddha-like, or even Krishna-like, but really I don't like to label it, and after all Christians haven't got the monopoly on being nice to others.

OK, truce. You're a complex person yourself. I was going to say "Christ-like" but thought that would offend you. Really just trying to keep the peace.

Blackraven
Old 17-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
OK, truce. You're a complex person yourself. I was going to say "Christ-like" but thought that would offend you. Really just trying to keep the peace. It seems like the forum has 2 camps. I don't like that. I want there to be 1 camp.

Blackraven
Please don't patronize me, I am not causing any problems here, I am just stating my own truth and that's all, if someone doesn't like it that's their problem.
Old 17-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Master
rather than judge any other over Psycho's view/assertion try looking within your own self to see what you can find, prove the assertion true or false to yourself, IMO that is exactly what Jesus, Buddha,Guru Nanak, Shiv Dayal Singh and a great many others have suggested, and usually a religion and it's dogma form afterwards having little to do with the teachings the teacher gave out in the first place...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 17-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Please don't patronize me, I am not causing any problems here, I am just stating my own truth and that's all, if someone doesn't like it that's their problem.

Robert -

Oh no, I didn't mean to offend you in the least bit and definitely am not patronizing you. I was on board with what you said 100%! That's the problem with typing on forums, email, texting, etc...so much is left up to interpretation or misinterpretation. So sorry that I didn't make my intentions of agreeing with you more clear. I like what you said in you last post. That's why I said, "Truce." I was the one that was offended originally because I felt I was being called arrogant. My ego was bruised and I felt I was personally under attack. I just got on my gloves too soon. Sorry for being defensive. It has always been my rule in the past never to discuss politics or religion and I broke that rule recently in the forum. It never seems to work out, at least for me. Again, sorry if I offended you. It really was not my intention at all. I don't like to hurt people. Remember...I already live with enough guilt. OK, I think I've said enough.

Blackraven
Old 17-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
While it may be true that Jesus's soul, or spirit, may of been pure and not have a sin. The moment he took human form meant that he became ignorant, or had sin. For it says that humans have sin/ignorance. To say that he did not have sin, or become ignorant of his divinity would then change the context of this passage to only some have sin, or become ignorant of their divinity.

Jesus Christ did not inherit a sin nature from His earthly parents, that is, Jesus was born of a virgin.

But for the rest of us, John 3:3–8 presents the cure.

Now before everyone gangs up and disagrees or says that's impossible, I'm only stating what the Bible says.

Innerlight, have you taken the Scripture in context too, that is from 3:19-26?

I think that Paul is asking the question, "How do we get into a right relationship with God?"
Old 17-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Shim

Quote:
Robert -

Oh no, I didn't mean to offend you in the least bit and definitely am not patronizing you. I was on board with what you said 100%! That's the problem with typing on forums, email, texting, etc...so much is left up to interpretation or misinterpretation. So sorry that I didn't make my intentions of agreeing with you more clear. I like what you said in you last post. That's why I said, "Truce." I was the one that was offended originally because I felt I was being called arrogant. My ego was bruised and I felt I was personally under attack. I just got on my gloves too soon. Sorry for being defensive. It has always been my rule in the past never to discuss politics or religion and I broke that rule recently in the forum. It never seems to work out, at least for me. Again, sorry if I offended you. It really was not my intention at all. I don't like to hurt people. Remember...I already live with enough guilt. OK, I think I've said enough.

Blackraven

Blackraven, there isn't anything better to bring people together than discussing Scripture especially amongst believers. It is when nay sayers and unbelievers engage their prejudices through a filthy lens that the conversation takes on an offensive or defensive mannerism (hatemonger). Whether that be for or against Christianity. I hope to see you engage more in conversation and discuss Scripture just as people should be able to, and that includes politics. Sure some will allow their minds to speculate, but be aware that if people with more orthodox views join the group, they might well brand them as a bunch of dangerous heretics; or if others join who had a simple and unquestioning faith, that faith might well be disturbed and shaken. Just something for everyone to keep in mind especially for those who say that they really care.

By the way, hope everyone is having a wonderful Palm Sunday!
Old 17-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Robert -

Blackraven
All is fine, all is forgiven, all is forgotten, the only thing I will say is that there are some out there who think that when someone speaks of what it is to be a true Christ-ian, others who think their Christians believe that they are always being picked on, that they are the victims, it just sickens me, I wish these so called Christians would just grow up and leave their victimized mentality behind, not meaning you, OK ?.
Old 17-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiosotheos
Does this not also mean that God His Father had sinned?

Taking is totally literally is nonsensical.

Taken in context from within Romans 3:19-26, there are a few metaphors being used if that is what you mean. If so then, there are,

A metaphor for the law courts.

A metaphor from sacrifice.

A metaphor from that of slavery.