Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2021, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Then in Matthew, we see Jesus talking about that law, hence His words "you have heard it was said".. say what? If Yahweh is Jesus, then He gave that law to Moses, then why say "you heard it was said"?
I have said almost the same expression that Jesus said about about the Law. That does not prove I am Yahweh.
As for 'hearing' about the Law in Jesus's time, the Torah was commonly read in public.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have said almost the same expression that Jesus said about about the Law. That does not prove I am Yahweh.
As for 'hearing' about the Law in Jesus's time, the Torah was commonly read in public.
I don't really follow you. In Leviticus, it is Yahweh who gave that law, at least this is what the scripture says..... and Jesus gave His law ( "I tell you.. " ), removing that one from picture, that was more like a karmic law and it only made the circle go around and around.
Old 27-06-2021, 06:38 PM
Master
Jesus was always repeating things the Jewish leaders were suppose to know...... quoting the Law.

When Jesus spoke about 'his laws', he was 'leaking out' how the Law was to be fulfilled and a new 'covenant' would come about. That covenant foreshadowed a newer and better covenant.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-06-2021, 06:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Jesus was always repeating things the Jewish leaders were suppose to know...... quoting the Law.

When Jesus spoke about 'his laws', he was 'leaking out' how the Law was to be fulfilled and a new 'covenant' would come about. That covenant foreshadowed a newer and better covenant.

He was quoting a law that was not said by Him because he made a clear distinction when He said, "... but I tell you...".
Old 27-06-2021, 08:04 PM
Master
Sounds okay to me.

Old 27-06-2021, 08:08 PM
Master
But then, there are several viewpoints on matters, especially with the Elohists and the Yahwists.

Yahwists were definitely monotheistic whereas the Elohists come across as polytheistic. Being the ones who put the accounts 'together', it appears they were very progressive in their thinking.

Old 27-06-2021, 08:33 PM
Master

There's also the idea that maybe Yahweh is Jesus and He never said such things, maybe Moses wrote what he understood.

Maybe the Biblical scripture are about a bigger picture, man attempts to understand God? When you look at the OT and NT, don't you have this little bit of doubt that they do not really align? In the OT, God is presented more like a human than like a God... of course, not everywhere in the OT, maybe different people with different views... Look today at our religious world, some are obsessed with God in a bad way, the fundamentalists, while others are more inclined to God being loving, merciful, forgiving and so on. All of these all mental concepts.. ideas.. The NT is a huge leap, a very clear evolution of man understanding of God and this is thanks to Jesus and the apostles, there are tons of good teachings.
Old 27-06-2021, 09:02 PM
Master
When posed with such questions, I generally ask when Genisis, Exodus were written or at least compiled?

To me, it seems this occured during and probably after the Jewish Diaspora to Babylon.

Old 27-06-2021, 09:04 PM
Master
When I look at the 2 books of Kings, I notice it is written from the Judean perspective. Asherah's role with the Northern Kingdom of Israel is virtually squahed along with the Sacred Poles, etc.

Old 27-06-2021, 09:06 PM
Master
Another aspect of the Law is that when you look in the Bible, many aspects of the Law do not seem they were implemented till after the Jewish Diaspora to Babylon.