Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

View Poll Results: Are you a mystic?
Yes 9 56.25%
No 1 6.25%
Don't know 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2023, 01:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Nice one. I like that Busby! Thank you.
So Red if the Universe didn't exist until I was born where did I come from
Imo... I didn't come into this world, I came out of it...
Old 17-07-2023, 02:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Nice one. I like that Busby!
Thank you.
You'll note that Sky corrected me - yes we didn't come into this universe - we came out of it.

The universe spawned you and me and everything.
It is continueing to do so in an endless act of creation.
The universe is, so to speak, on a journey of discovery, one which exceeds all imagination.

Consciousness is the primary factor of this thing we call life.

We've seen nothing yet.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 17-07-2023, 02:28 PM
Master

RE. SKY. I guess we have to ask which birth are people referring to when they make this statement.

I mean the Universe certainly existed when I was born a few years back wasn’t it.

But then you have to ask, did it exist when I was born (reincarnated) hundreds of years ago. Well I guess it did because of what we have read and been told by science/history books.

SKY……”I didn't come into this world, I came out of it...”

Well maybe yes AND no.

I came OUT of my mothers womb and then I came INTO this world. LOL

So maybe both are correct.

As to where did I come from. Well that’s anyone’s guess isn’t it. I wouldn’t have a clue to be honest. Maybe from consciousness?

I hope I’ve answered this correctly Sky as I’m not too sure what it was you were trying to say or ask me.
Old 17-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Believing something has nothing to do with reality.
*Disclaimer*: Gang, that is only an opinion.

Hi Busby, Maybe we are talking about diff things...but I have to disagree...Belief is the most powerful thing in the World. ((Huh? Lol.)

Why, if you believe even a little in the idea God said, 'Let there be Light'...He had to believe it first...lol.
That's what I'm talking about...Then, the spoken word is the next thing that is so powerful.
(Oh my, are words powerful, esp filled with belief in them!)

I ''believe'' many things...and they happen. Period.
I believe (or actually have exp'd, so therefore 'know) that God is my loving Creator, Father ..and in His Spiritual Being I live and breathe.
So, a belief in my experience - is my reality.

If I hold a belief, esp long enough, that I'll never get that job...THAT becomes my reality.

Posts talking about the Universe, you might be interested in
"The Disappearance of the Universe'', by Gary Renard.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
*Disclaimer*: Gang, that is only an opinion..
Disclaimer number 2…….your belief in ‘belief’ can be understood either as the power of positive thinking…which has its merits or can be viewed as wishful thinking which can often be proven to be false.

Believing that the world was flat was not able to be proven as truth…..in fact, the reverse was true…..belief can either be an affirming experience or a humbling experience IMO…….
Old 17-07-2023, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You'll note that Sky corrected me - yes we didn't come into this universe - we came out of it

Hi Busby, I wasn't intentionally trying to correcting you, just expressing my personal opinion ...
I may be wrong, who knows..
Old 17-07-2023, 06:36 PM
Molearner

A little bit more about beliefs. We all live by our current beliefs. There is a formation process for beliefs…..a consideration of experiences etc. IMO this dictates that they remain subject to change….especially if we remain open minded…….
Old 17-07-2023, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
We all live by our current beliefs. IMO this dictates that they remain subject to change….especially if we remain open minded…….
I use to believe in Santa Claus
Old 19-07-2023, 03:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I use to believe in Santa Claus
The funny thing is when people find out the truth they still perpetuate the lie to the next generation.
Old 19-07-2023, 03:38 PM
Master

I think anyone who is introspective and discovers something is a mystic.