Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-02-2020, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Ever consider that Matter IS Consciousness??
Not that exactly (considered) - ----but certainly it is conscious!!

7L - just saw your ques from Nov on the first page....so sorry.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2020, 03:54 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Bingo, enough said.

That's more in line with the Vishishtadvaita Vedanta school of thought on maya. That is maya arises from the Absolute, whereas Advaita Vedanta says maya is an appearance within the Absolute.

The Seven Great Untenables. Very, very heavy read on maya and the battles between those two schools of non-dual Vedanta. I had to put it down a third of the way through because it was just too advanced for my understanding. I'll return to it at some point in time when I feel I'm ready for a better comprehension.
Old 17-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Master
Thus then Source (consciousness) of matter is inseperable from Matter. So everything is consciousness. And thus, we are everything. At our Source of being. We are the consciousness that is directly tied to all consciousness. Infinite Intelligence. And we all got acces to it. Source consciousness. Ever expanding infinite intelligence, eternal wisdom, unconditional love. The energy (consciousness) which creates worlds.

But it does take some going inwards, for lazy old me, to allow my full blown evermore effortless and natural and joyful ever expanding (also in resolution) realisation of my being the consciousness. Yeah, I have to meditate and focus... SOOO HAAaaaAaaaard! Why do I have to fOoOoOoCus?! Hocus focus pocus.

I just wanna be already! And know already! But that's not how it works. We can't just complain about something enough that it changes. We have to accept the way it is and simply do the work, that is meditation and focus to quiet the mind and then be in the consciousness... BUT THE REWARD IS HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

So it's definitely worth doing (the non-doing/allowing) it.
Old 18-02-2020, 11:38 AM
Seeker
'Crazy' Postulate

96% of the universe (as we know it) is assumed dark energy/matter.
3.9% is interstellar dust not yet made into stars.
0.1% is atomic, with 99.99%+ "empty" space inside the construct of atomic frameworks.
We know very little about the universe on balance, but if even a portion of the 96% was a framework based on consciousness (as the strong & weak forces act on matter) it would explain much of the things we see.

I hypothesize consciousness is a fundamental force like gravity and the other three (electro-magnetism, strong nuclear force & weak nuclear force). I also think it's non-local & not bound by space-time, meaning its behavior may never be detected unless we puny-humans come up with methods of detecting the undetectable. ;-)

Since this cannot be proven in my lifetime, certainly, I'm hoping circa 2843 scientists search the interwebs and declare it the 'BodhiCris' force. (Now I'm just being silly, but why not...)
Thoughts? Namaste fellow travelers.
Old 18-02-2020, 11:45 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiCris
96% of the universe (as we know it) is assumed dark energy/matter.
3.9% is interstellar dust not yet made into stars.
0.1% is atomic, with 99.99%+ "empty" space inside the construct of atomic frameworks.
We know very little about the universe on balance, but if even a portion of the 96% was a framework based on consciousness (as the strong & weak forces act on matter) it would explain much of the things we see.

I hypothesize consciousness is a fundamental force like gravity and the other three (electro-magnetism, strong nuclear force & weak nuclear force). I also think it's non-local & not bound by space-time, meaning its behavior may never be detected unless we puny-humans come up with methods of detecting the undetectable. ;-)

Since this cannot be proven in my lifetime, certainly, I'm hoping circa 2843 scientists search the interwebs and declare it the 'BodhiCris' force. (Now I'm just being silly, but why not...)
Thoughts? Namaste fellow travelers.

Now you're talking my language. LOL!

You should poke around my YouTube "Consciousness" playlist. Here are three of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/-d4ugppcRUE?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
https://youtu.be/RJ4Uv-5_3VM?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
https://youtu.be/YpUVot-4GPM?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
Old 18-02-2020, 11:56 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiCris

You should definitely watch the Stanford University John Hagelin talk titled "Consciousness, a Quantum Physics Perspective" that I linked in my previous reply.
Old 18-02-2020, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's more in line with the Vishishtadvaita Vedanta school of thought on maya. That is maya arises from the Absolute, whereas Advaita Vedanta says maya is an appearance within the Absolute.

The Seven Great Untenables. Very, very heavy read on maya and the battles between those two schools of non-dual Vedanta. I had to put it down a third of the way through because it was just too advanced for my understanding. I'll return to it at some point in time when I feel I'm ready for a better comprehension.
And yet you think the universe is an illusion, which is a contradiction.
Old 18-02-2020, 02:45 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
And yet you think the universe is an illusion, which is a contradiction.

No, you simply don't understand non-duality or even what I post in the simplest and clearest terms. You take every attempt to construct easily knocked down straw men, and then are so proud of yourself when you knock down your own constructions.

You are literally wrestling with yourself. LOL!

By the way, did you miss me because I ceased engaging in your thread and decide to come here and continue your boorish behavior?
Old 18-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
No, you simply don't understand non-duality or even what I post in the simplest and clearest terms. You take every attempt to construct easily knocked down straw men, and then are so proud of yourself when you knock down your own constructions.

By the way, did you miss me because I ceased engaging in your thread and decide to come here and continue your boorish behavior?
You saying "Advaita Vedanta says maya is an appearance within the Absolute" while you believe the same maya are illusions/not real is a major contradiction because an appearance is not an illusion.

Edit: oneness is more important than physical non-duality
Old 18-02-2020, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:

I am not wresting with myself, you are wrestling with and are keeping your ego I occupied and busy with concepts that the physical universe is an illusion in the name of non-duality.