Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
There seems to be some confusion about free will. It is not an intellectual thing but a way of being kind of choice.
The energy of our intentions is known by all, at levels beyond the intellect, and that puts into motion a great many things.

At any moment we can shift our perceptions. Elevate them or de-evolve them. That is the power of free will very few of us seem to understand.
It is also said that the path of perfect freedom is paradoxically choiceless.

(As one becomes more and more completely attuned to the "higher power", one intuitively acts and "knows without thinking". One thus acts without making what many would call conscious choices.)
Old 23-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It is also said that the path of perfect freedom is paradoxically choiceless.

(As one becomes more and more completely attuned to the "higher power", one intuitively acts and "knows without thinking". One thus acts without making what many would call conscious choices.)
Hello,
In my case I stay in touch with my divine guidance. Doing such a thing, or not, is a choice.
The guidance I receive is about my life circumstances. From there I make conscious choices on how to proceed with various things.
Yes it is nice to "know without thinking". That can happen.
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
In my case I stay in touch with my divine guidance. Doing such a thing, or not, is a choice.
The guidance I receive is about my life circumstances. From there I make conscious choices on how to proceed with various things.
Yes it is nice to "know without thinking". That can happen.
Like yourself, I too have made it a priority to "stay in touch with my divine guidance" so there are indeed choices of that nature constantly being made during one's spiritual unfolding.

However, as one practices more and more, one realizes that the "divine guidance" (which may seem illogical in the moment at times ) is ULTIMATELY unerringly right on target whereas the choices made by the little separatist ego are more of the "hit or miss" variety.

It has been my experience that One's initial faith in "knowing without thinking" divine guidance gradually changes into confidence and then into trust and finally into complete surrender. The number of conscious "choices" thus become fewer and fewer while periods of "knowing without thinking", divine-guidance choice-less-ness become more and more frequent/continuous.
Old 31-10-2019, 03:48 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Free will does exist............. but then..........
I disagree. Algorithms, no matter how specifically they are calculated, could never replace human emotional intelligence.
Old 31-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Master
I believe in free will. Every action has a reaction negative or positive. You can't expect to kick someone in the leg and get a positive reaction. You can get a positive reaction if you tell someone there a great person. For example.
Old 31-10-2019, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Free will is a joke. We are enslaved by both time and fate.
You are whatever you believe you are. That's a huge part of free will.
Old 31-10-2019, 06:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I believe in free will. Every action has a reaction negative or positive. You can't expect to kick someone in the leg and get a positive reaction. You can get a positive reaction if you tell someone there a great person. For example.

That's more to do with the law of cause and effect.
Old 31-10-2019, 06:58 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

A large percentage of our psyche belongs to the subconscious, early life experiences also play a big role in our decisions in life so we don't have as much free will as we'd like. Our DNA configuration and events during early childhood prepare many of our decisions in the deepest part of us, before the conscious part simply express them. Of course no one likes or accepts this, we love to believe our 15% of conscious is in control but...
Old 31-10-2019, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
That's more to do with the law of cause and effect.
your right. But it plays in with the free will idea. You can do whatever you want. Like kick my boss in the leg. Your going to probably get fired.
Ok I choose to think of myself as a caring loving person. You'll probably get a positive response. There's exceptions to everything but that's where freewill snowballs in any given direction.
The universe doesn't care what direction you take on any given action.
Old 31-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osyris
A large percentage of our psyche belongs to the subconscious, early life experiences also play a big role in our decisions in life so we don't have as much free will as we'd like. Our DNA configuration and events during early childhood prepare many of our decisions in the deepest part of us, before the conscious part simply express them. Of course no one likes or accepts this, we love to believe our 15% of conscious is in control but...
a lot of people don't like to except because it's very hard to do. Like how some people stay in an abusive relationship. They feel safe, sounds silly but there more afraid of the change of leaving or being alone then the abuse. There's a lot of people who do break that cycle. The most well known person who broke that cycle is Oprah Winfrey.