Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
I agree.
My apologies to both Humm and Lisa, (and anyone else), who did not misconstrue what was intended to be a comment itself - but now have simply revealed it as my own poorly conceived and misapplied sarcastic remark on 'smiley' emoticon use as the 'sure indication' of derision or conspiracy. The obvious arrogance and ridiculousness as a demand was (insufficiently) calculated as a clue to the 'faux tone'...because how absurd is it that emoticons are, well...
... in any case, I take full responsibility.

Apologies again,
Sincerely,

~J
Heh!

Thanks for straightening me out Jyotir. I was a little surprised to hear that - ordinarily I might have not taken it seriously, but I guess all the 'emoticon controversy' has me questioning what I used to take for granted - that they were just fun little embellishments that nobody takes seriously anyway.

It does seem, however, that some do take them very seriously, which is all new to me.

Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Perhaps them looking for a McDonald's Happy Meal in some exotic land is them being who they really, are. Each to their own.
Of course, that's the whole point, its only when they are eating their McDonald's Happy Meal, but not needing to eat their happy meal that they are truly happy.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie
So in other words, the purpose of life is to become self-aware?

Well, from Meher Baba's explanation - I suppose that would be one way to put it.
It's a little duller than the way Baba said it...

Btw, God-like, it makes me very happy to see you highlighting in beautiful colors those words of profound insight.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
some people say every one has a different purpose ... some say all of us have one purpose which is to enjoy life .. or helping others .. or be intelligent to develop the human beings

I agree with everyone has a different purpose.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Pathfinder

It's wonderful reading everyone's opinions of the purpose of life, and from what I read everyone has different opinions of what our purpose here is. If it is self discovery or to live for god, why do this? What are the reasons for this. I myself believe in God, so If im living my life for him right now, so he can experience what I experience, what is the purpose for that? Didn't he create this planet, wouldn't he know everything there is to know about us and how we feel and how we live?? I'm just really curious, because everyone here has stated some powerful opinions which are all beautiful, but it all seems a little vague. I hope to not offend others by saying this. I myself don't know the purpose of life, I know my own purpose is to live a good life and help others to live their lives with love and positivity. But what comes of me living my life like this, what stems from this when I leave this earth? I'm not posing these questions asking for an answer, I'm merely just expressing my curiosity.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwithin

...But what comes of me living my life like this, what stems from this when I leave this earth?
I'm not big on what religions say happens after you leave this earth, that's for sure.
I wonder if you would like reading alot of NDEs - near death experiences.
They are pretty fascinating- you'll see what I mean maybe after 20 or more...

Another thing you may like is ''Life in the World Unseen",
about what goes on in the afterlife.
If you're interested you can ask me more - there is a thread somewhere here about it started by Left Behind if that helps.

Or maybe none of the above would interest you - I was just thinking out loud...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwithin
It's wonderful reading everyone's opinions of the purpose of life, and from what I read everyone has different opinions of what our purpose here is. If it is self discovery or to live for god, why do this? What are the reasons for this. I myself believe in God, so If im living my life for him right now, so he can experience what I experience, what is the purpose for that? Didn't he create this planet, wouldn't he know everything there is to know about us and how we feel and how we live?? I'm just really curious, because everyone here has stated some powerful opinions which are all beautiful, but it all seems a little vague. I hope to not offend others by saying this. I myself don't know the purpose of life, I know my own purpose is to live a good life and help others to live their lives with love and positivity. But what comes of me living my life like this, what stems from this when I leave this earth? I'm not posing these questions asking for an answer, I'm merely just expressing my curiosity.

Hi lightwithin,

This is not vague: Suppose you are God.

How would that effect in a functional practical way, the idea that you are, "living my life for him right now, so he can experience what I experience", in your life? What would you do, in life - here, now?

Just asking cause your curious.

~ J
Old 12-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Scorpio

I would love to say what the purpose of life is but I think I haven't quite discovered what the true answer is.. I think I have clues..

Possibly, We are all born with the need to experience, the experience of freedom of choice and what happens when we chose bad things... and good things... what we like what we dont like etc..
Also Born for Education.. Not intellectual but spiritual physical emotional mental.. To develop ourselves as spirits....
To learn The flow of energy.. How it flows why it flows and where is flows..
As well as, The importance of acceptance, knowing how to leave opinions aside and judgements aside accepting somebody for their true self, being peaceful living peaceful..
Knowing how to live outside the institution of socialization.. Knowing to live one with each other knowing we are all here to find the same answers...
Old 12-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Scorpio

I would love to say what the purpose of life is but I think I haven't quite discovered what the true answer is.. I think I have clues..

Possibly, We are all born with the need to experience, the experience of freedom of choice and what happens when we chose bad things... and good things... what we like what we dont like etc..
Also Born for Education.. Not intellectual but spiritual physical emotional mental.. To develop ourselves as spirits....
To learn The flow of energy.. How it flows why it flows and where is flows..
As well as, The importance of acceptance, knowing how to leave opinions aside and judgements aside accepting somebody for their true self, being peaceful living peaceful..
Knowing how to live outside the institution of socialization.. Knowing to live one with each other knowing we are all here to find the same answers...
Old 12-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Scorpio

can somebody tell me how to delete all these posts lol