Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-07-2016, 04:32 AM
Master
I don't know what goes on in God's Mind but I do know God simply wants us to be Happy. And if we don't follow the rules in life we won't be happy. So I guess you could say in the Christian/Jewish language of "Follow God's Laws or else"! was their way of trying to say if you wanna be Happy and Whole it's better to follow the Laws.

But I don't believe there is a requirement from the Supreme Being in order to receive his Love. He already Loves you. That's the beauty of it that makes us do what is right and love ourselves
Old 14-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I don't know what goes on in God's Mind ...
But I don't believe there is a requirement from the Supreme Being in order to receive his Love.
He already Loves you.
That's the beauty of it that makes us do what is right and love ourselves
Ammy, are you familiar with Jeremiah 23:9 or is it 9:23ish ....lol...I dunno!
hahaha!
But, it changed the direction of my life, yet again....maybe 10 yrs ago.

".....but he who does boast...let him boast of THIS.....pregnant pause....
that he knows and understands me, so saith the Lord."

Believe me ...you can know the Mind of God!
Do not fall for the limitation that you can not.

It is always Isaiah 23:6 ...I mix up those numbers all the time...hahahahah!
I think I got now!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Master
"As the Reggio Emilia teachings suggests, there are a thousand and one ways of doing things. :) (just you see some adults caught in their own loops and conditioned ideas about god and life and people, so it doesn't hold up for those ones)

So do you want to explore the Reggio approach together? (I don't believe in killing discussions just so you know)" Naturesflow

So some adults get caught up as you say so I guess there's a thousand and two ways of doing things then lol

No thanks on continuing this but thanks for the offer. Have a great day!
Old 14-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
I have a question. I do live by my own rules/morality, follow my heart and do no harm to people. So who is going to make me pay for being true to Myself?

And since it was not part of my destiny to be blessed with children, how does that fit in your beliefs?

You are right, I DO hold the key to My destiny.

Cause and effect, think in terms of ripples that intersect. Actions cause actions. Humans are not fully aware of this because it was not the intention of the action and surely it wouldn't have such a major impact. (Here you would not know, not even considered or having any connection beyond the self, but would have to ask, see, or listen about the act you are doing. Acts are not single one time events to. Just my observation of them from the perspective of them not being my own, from my experience growing up.)

Part of ones destiny might be about learning to control anger, even this idea about dogma. In all likelihood how might this be passed on. It was never intended to be passed on about what I must learn. I tell people to consider what they see around them and though we don't look at ourselves we see it out in the world, and these are traits we see, they don't. Our destiny is not ours alone.

Sometimes an unintentional gift, maybe.
Old 14-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
First, on what basis do you assert 'religious dogma' is a path?
Second, paths lead in all sorts of directions. What is there to say a path of religious dogma or enlightenment leads 'home'? Or leads to any gain?
Third, even if a particular path leads home, paths go in at least two directions and some choose to walk away from home or gain rather than to it.
Fourth, in many (most?) doctrines involving gods, they are everywhere. Thus no path leads any closer or further.

I would remind you of grace and returning. We forget path may take million of cycles. Grace might be part of karma to, so it is possible. We are talking about what is possible.

I don't like it either.
Old 14-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Pathfinder

People should question why an all powerful God would need or want anything if he could simply just create it all at any moment. Why would such a God want for anything?

Some people reply to state that it is because he needs us to make three decision ourselves.

But I tell you this, if a Being asks for your devotion and requires that devotion to be of your own will and he can not take it by his own, then he is not actually all powerful. He requires from you that your will to be done. So what sort of 'God' is he then? He isn't your Creator, you are his.
Old 14-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNemo
People should question why an all powerful God would need or want anything if he could simply just create it all at any moment. Why would such a God want for anything?

Some people reply to state that it is because he needs us to make three decision ourselves.

But I tell you this, if a Being asks for your devotion and requires that devotion to be of your own will and he can not take it by his own, then he is not your Creator. You are his.

We know why I think. How many times must we ask and hear. I so love this question. Nice.

blessings,
Old 14-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Master

What does God require of us? In my opinion, it is that we recognise and honour the Divine Spirit within us.
Exemplifying love, in all it's aspects, and being proactive with it.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 14-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Master
I was reading a bit here and there around this thread and wondering vaguely about the title of God wanting, oops, requiring something and then I gave the original post a reasonably proper reading and it kinda ends in that "Treat others as you would have others treat you" but I still couldn't really find anything to say so I shut down the 'puter and went inside, into the house where it's warm and cozy and not like where I am now which is almost just like being outside... except I do have a reasonably leak proof roof over my head.

And I got inside, and threw off the top layer which is required outside and is just too much for inside, and Mum said "You left the door open again!". I'm always getting told off for this, leaving doors open... and I do, the old 'Were you born in a barn?' is totally commonplace, and I wasn't, nope, just like most everyone I was born in a hospital.

But it occurred to me as I was being told off for letting all the cold in that I am in fact treating other 'exactly' as I would have them treat me.

It's winter here but I live outside mostly and have no added heat except the layers of clothing and blankets I can put around myself and I walk around in gumboots because it's muddy and wet but I can already feel that the days are slightly longer and the cooling winds from deep down in the seas are softening... and so I can't help myself, and it isn't that I want others to be like this so much as I simply find myself unable to be other than what I am.

And the cats are funny 'cause they go right in and close to the fire almost as if they might spontaneously be set aflame but then they will suddenly get up and move away to a corner to enjoy the slighter coldness or even come outside with me and just sit there enjoying that.

As for God requiring something I don't much ponder questions like that. There is a thing though whereby it might be that, as well as the cold, I have somehow become somewhat acclimatised to what the Holy Spirit might be, and it somehow feels that I notice this somehow in others as a growing thing, as a spark or ember is what I call it, and that is has edges somehow and that along those edges my own edges can play... I don't know though but it feels I am allowed somehow. And as the advice I found this morning, a quote from Saint Theresa 'Do little things with Great Love,' seems to fit me... that's more than enough to keep my littleness busy.

Last edited by Mr Interesting : 14-07-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 14-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Master
Thank you Hepburn! Your always so kind to me! But I know that it can be hard to read from the Divine Mind. It takes a lot of meditation, practice, and opened heartedness. I think Edgar Cayce who was a gifted psychic easily tapped into the Akashic Records which is a fraction of God's Mind. It is the "Remembrance Book", the cell-memory of God's mind. It collects everything that has every happened but I don't know if he was always tuned in all the time. He said some things that weren't true.

But then again the more spiritual you make your everyday conscious mind, the clearer the answers come through. Now I am not psychic but I know I possess some good intuition that I developed through contemplation.

The best psychics that lived, like Christ spiritualized their hearts and minds which allowed him to get the clearest and untainted messages. Isaiah was also a great prophet who could read God's Mind and channel messages and foretell the coming of that Christ.

But these are more like special cases. We everyday individuals can read at least what God wants from us in the smallest things. The biggest messages I've gotten from God were in fact the smallest and silliest stuff I can think of. They were pointers that led me to the thing I was searching for.