Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
LOL

Welcome to the club.

There's more than one way to be headless.

(fyi- one does stop the heart)

Just having fun at your expense Andrew.

S'all good Lisa, I think you are just having fun at the party

Now, where's Bob?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Cripe, i go away for a few hours and the place gets vandalized by those RT thugs.. geeeze, who's in charge of security..

At issue, is the claim that there is no tangible self.. i agree. Yet, all of the attributes attributed to the intangible self, have a direct and quantifiable effect on reality.. self, is real, it causes change in reality..

Here's the deal, what is it that the RT evangelists 'want'? they want to hear selfs confess and agree with them, right? typical run-of-the-mill preachers.. so, if it restores sanity to the forum, agree.. they go home with their points for Ciaran's approval, and we can get back to understanding the nature of self.. seems like a no-brainer to me, pardon the pun.. but, remember, we have to say exactly what Ciaran wants them to hear, or they'll stick around and make this place a cesspool just like RT.. who's in?

Be well..

There you are!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:37 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Andrew: The tactics being used by Rikki and Stephen and Imaginary, are classic interrogation tactics, they have been well trained.. They establish a dominate position, putting people on the defensive with intimidating and authoritative language.. they refuse to directly answer questions that demonstrate the flaw in their beliefs, and by dodging they insist it's your turn to answer a "do you still beat your wife" question.. RT tries to insert absurd stipulations that, if unchallenged, they assert constitutes agreement.. but, when challenged, the policy is to avoid engagement.. How many times have you asked the same question, and how many times is it avoided?

Anyone from RT: Please provide a specific description of what you think the 'self' that you don't believe in, is.. skip, the incredulous rage, just describe those qualities you say don't exist.. and, if you're up to it, why you believe they don't exist..

Be well..
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM
moke64916

Well said Tzu. I'm going with your call boss. I think your correct. Ones word loses some validation when they can't pack the heat with a punch.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:20 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi ELijah: The issue, is that the background is labeled by preference for an agenda.. it is simply a neutral void in which that which 'is', is.. it's not 'awareness', that represents a mind-model with an agenda, a pre-existing belief system, adhered to for whatever purpose chooses not to simply look and see what is happening..

Be well..

A baby will look at a snake and see pretty colours.
A child in Australia may avoid the snake, a chikld in India may catch the snake
An adult may understand its nature and act in a variety of ways.

Your observations of 'it just is' will always have a framework, you are only deluding yourself and others if you purport that your method is the true reality.

You are simply following an ideology through experience of "it is what it is".

What happens next though is performed through ideology.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Master
I don't know the words to express what is so true in my heart and what I feel a need to say as I read these posts that almost seem to mock our brothers and guests.
They, tactics in all are our brothers. They pose no threat and in fact since the realization I've had...........all I see happening is God playing with God.
The real issue may just be, why do so many feel the need to make thing rights spiritually with others. Them and us are doing this.
Some even feel it is their duty to protect others from what they deem finatical to their ears.
This just doesn't fit in with what I've seen and realized.
Anyways, just wanted to say that. Now go ahead a rip me a new one....lol
Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
all knowledge stops in awareness.

Knowledge is the child of Understanding (Father) and Wisdom (Mother).

Understanding is pleasure.
Wisdom is the means to un-veil the pleasure within all. It operates through the quality of mercy, the great mother which teaches what it is to unconditionally love with no expectation.

Knowledge is the intention (from the child) to conditionally receive pleasure; what is the condition? To bring absolute joy to the parents.

NO SEPARATION - ONLY UNITY - ALL OUR WELCOME ........YES/NO?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM
moke64916

I understand and respect ones views, but when one can't back up their theories such as Rikki, the normal human reaction is for the other loss of credibility on the subject. This thread has proceeded for a long time. Actions speak louder than word. His actions speak for themselves. And me personally with my experience, I know I have a self, because I'm aware of self being aware of self from an unmanifested state. And Being yourself(soul) when you say what your will i, it comes true, that is when mind, body, spirit are acting as one. I have my truth from experience, and if another doesn't agree, I respect them and treat them with compassion. I might not of in the past, but I have recently found my truth, love, and beauty and will express so with y'all.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChapmanTasmania
Knowledge is the child of Understanding (Father) and Wisdom (Mother).

Understanding is pleasure.
Wisdom is the means to un-veil the pleasure within all. It operates through the quality of mercy, the great mother which teaches what it is to unconditionally love with no expectation.

Knowledge is the intention (from the child) to conditionally receive pleasure; what is the condition? To bring absolute joy to the parents.

NO SEPARATION - ONLY UNITY - ALL OUR WELCOME ........YES/NO?

I dont always understand what you are saying Paul, and I dont feel I currently have a lot to talk about with you, but I like your intentions. Your energy reminds me of a song I used to like by a guy called Joe Smooth. Its called ''Promised Land''.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Master
I'd like to make a point here that this is a discussion forum first and foremost. Discussion implying that no one is under any expectation to have to believe or be convinced of anything else. Being more aggressive isn't going to help. If you want to discuss this topic, it's all well and good - yay for expanding our minds! But can we avoid the idea that "converting" any one person's thoughts is a goal here. It's not.

SF is NOT a battleground and should not be used as such to push any particular idea on anyone else or as a soapbox to say who is or isn't enlightened. Frankly, it seems like you're all saying the same thing but arguing about the words used to say it.

We're at 475 pages now - it's starting to look like this isn't a discussion but is more of 'who can poke who's chest hardest'.

Closed Thread