Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Master
I saved 2 worms yesterday from being squished...they seemed quite grateful
Old 18-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by de.spin
Yes I am sure. And if you go hear the screams in a slaughterhouse you will also be sure.

It's not even about being "evolved", but about being human my friend.

That may be. I haven't decided to become vegetarian, I'm open to the idea, but I'm not going to take the attitude that I have to be a vegetarian. If it happens, it happens.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:07 PM
de.spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
That may be. I haven't decided to become vegetarian, I'm open to the idea, but I'm not going to take the attitude that I have to be a vegetarian. If it happens, it happens.

I totally agree with you and I respect you for that.

To me, it was exactly like that. It happened, out of the sudden. Just like, after all, anything else in my life.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Master
Same here...it happened and it is also happening that there is no desire to turn back.
If awareness is becoming aware of itself to see the fullness of itself, like some say, I'd have to say that the compassion it exhibits in me toward animals (and humans) is really a tremendously beautiful characteristic of it.

james
Old 18-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
lol okay so this thread is going to devolve into another cliche "vegatarians are superior spiritual beings" thread? **shrug**

it's funny how these "spiritually superior" people obsess over their diets and the diets of others citing the life and death of food animals when life and death is simply the way things are on this planet. i live Florida and cougars are native around here. if one of these beautiful predators appeared in my yard out of the Wakkassa wildlife corridor and attacked and ate me what would i have to say about it? i'd likely kick and scream to no avail as death would come to me anyway. i'd make a nice meal for the cougar and the cougar would feel no guilt about it. just the way it is.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I saved 2 worms yesterday from being squished...they seemed quite grateful

lol i do wild animal rehab and it's funny how little gratitude is shown to me by my beloved wild things. usually i let them loose and they're gone into the woods without a backward glance.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
lol i do wild animal rehab and it's funny how little gratitude is shown to me by my beloved wild things. usually i let them loose and they're gone into the woods without a backward glance.

I did wildlife rehab as well and what I observed was a deep connection. We knew and saw each other. (A connection lost in the cougar IMO)
Even the curator noticed this with me.
I could walk into a cage with 30 hawks or 2 pregnant owls where others have been attacked. I came face to face with their coyote and mutual respect was felt and awe was expressed by the owner.

Yes they don't look back but we understood each other. I can't not imagine for a second that whatever grateful looks like to an animal was certainly felt by those I served.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Master
I question whether I project my own stuff onto my fish ... I swear they stare out and gawk at me when they want a feed ...
Old 18-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
I question whether I project my own stuff onto my fish ... I swear they stare out and gawk at me when they want a feed ...

I'm noticing something with our new puppy that has me curious. I wouldn't call it projecting (yet anyways) but I am noticing him becoming what we want him to be.
He is becoming like his owners............lol

I haven't figured it out yet but it's cool to see it happening.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I did wildlife rehab as well and what I observed was a deep connection. We knew and saw each other. (A connection lost in the cougar IMO)
Even the curator noticed this with me.
I could walk into a cage with 30 hawks or 2 pregnant owls where others have been attacked. I came face to face with their coyote and mutual respect was felt and awe was expressed by the owner.

Yes they don't look back but we understood each other. I can't not imagine for a second that whatever grateful looks like to an animal was certainly felt by those I served.

oh sure. my wild things and i seem to understand each other. most of them seem to understand i'm trying to help them and some appear "grateful" but once that cage door opens there's no attachment. they're gone in a rustle of leaves. however, our deer don't bound away white flag showing, the squirrels allow themselves to be seen and Crow and his murder still cuss me out when they fly overhead.