Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Deep contemplation...
Old 28-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Pathfinder
I do third eye meditation with my eyes closed pointing up
Old 06-02-2016, 05:54 AM
Newbie ;)

I dabble in a variety of guided meditations on YouTube, I'm still learning the different types and finding what feels right for me. I'm starting to get into chakra meditation and binareal beats. Sometimes I'll just put on a relaxing track I like and focus on breathing and clearing my mind. I'm definitely in an exploratory phase.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Newbie ;)

I do vipassana meditation ) I practice it for 3 years and I visit the center of this technique twice a year to sit a 10 days course of silence and meditation and also to serve a course.
Old 15-02-2016, 02:06 AM
Newbie ;)

To be honest I use meditation for more of a practical relaxation exercise and for sleep rather than a spiritual experience, but believe in its value nonetheless.
Old 25-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Knower
My meditation I normally do nothing except in the beginning think of Love and when I think of this I have the greatest meditations ever. Meditations are like listening to God and you know that there is so much that we as humans don’t see until we quiet the mind and listen.
Joe
Old 25-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Transcendental Mediation always interested me but cant pay that much for a mantra.

Is it true the mantra is super strong? I hear these days they give you a mantra based on your age. Any truth to that?

That is correct. You are given your Mantra based on your age range.

Please, use the Mantra I was given when I was 8... "ING"

I found this transcript between a father & daughter which I feel describes it very well:

Deanna: Dad I don't like my mantra and so I don't like meditating. (Deanna recently took TM training with Risa.)

Dad: Why don't you like your mantra?

Deanna: My mantra is 'ing' - it seems stupid and it doesn't fit for me.

After a minute, Dad: "It seems to be a great mantra - I am surprised at how good it is"

Deanna: Why do you think that?

Dad: "ing" is a very special part of words that always means "happening now" - like walk-ing, eat-ing, lov-ing, be-ing, swimm-ing, listen-ing, - when you put 'ing' together with any other word it makes the mean-ing something that's happen-ing'. Its a great mantra for helping you to keep participat-ing in whatever it is that you are do-ing.

Deanna: (very excited) I get it - do you think its a good mantra for everyone or is just good for me?

Dad: I think its good for everyone and if you want to have a mantra its a great one for you.

Deanna: why didn't they tell me this part?

Dad: I don't know, maybe they have a reason for why they don't want you to have a meaning for your mantra. Maybe its just there way of teaching and they don't see the importance of helping you understand you mantra.

Deanna: don't tell anyone I told you my mantra Dad, I will get in trouble because I am not supposed to share my Mantra with anyone.

Dad: No, don't think that way. If you wanted to share it with me and you did then tell anyone who asks the truth. Its OK and its important not to lie to anyone about what is true and right for you.

Deanna: Hugging me, then looking me fully in the eyes "thanks Dad, you are a good servant to my good deed - and that is to learn"

Peace Won Love
Old 25-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Newbie ;)

I like to use Mantra mainly...

The common misconception of meditation is "NO MIND" or "BLANK PAGE" This is wrong... Until you can "KNOW MIND" you will not reach a state of "NO MIND".

Once one understands grounding and protection, I feel Mantra is the most powerful meditation that can be used as it gives the mind something to do which is what it is designed to do

Here is a simple way to Ground and Protect. It uses a visualisation that I created over the last 4 years.

- To Ground and Protect -

This should take you around 10 minutes to do initially. Eventually you will be able to do it in the blink of an eye

Visualise Golden Rain constantly falling onto your body. As the golden rain falls onto you it starts to cover your head, shoulders, arms, torso, thighs, calves, feet. You find yourself sat in the puddle that the rain has now created.
The puddle of rain soaks down into the earth, slowly, finding it's way, like roots pushing down through the earth, further down, until it finds the centre of the earth. Once it has reached the centre of the earth you connect to the crystal that resonates there. (I usually find a green crystal, it's up to you what you see and feel)
When you have connected to the crystal that you find, bring the energy up from that crystal through the golden roots you have created, back up through the earth, into the puddle you are sat in, filling your body with the light of the crystal up to the top of your head.

You are now grounded to mother earth and protected by the golden water.

There are 3 things you can do from this point, either should take you another 10 minutes (or more depending how long you want to meditate for)

1. Sit in the energy being drawn up through your roots.

or

2. Use a mantra.

or

3. Follow the rain to it's source!

(You can do all 3 if you like!)

Either option you choose, afterwards you will need to retract your roots and let the rain dry off (this can take 5-10 minutes to do also, there is no rush)

Here's a list of the Mantra's that I use... (not at the same time, pick one and stick with it)

When another thought appears, accept it, move through it and back to the Mantra. Do not punish your mind for thinking about other things, it's what it has been left to do. You are training it to be consciously aware of a singularity - The mantra.
  • Ing
  • Shiring
  • Om Mani Padme Hum
  • Om Maha tri wishanew chia chia chia chia chia chia chia
  • Mandala Shambala chia chia chia chia chia chia chia bra set it mai Om
  • Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha (this one is new to me)

I have learnt, breathing, visualisation, walking, dancing, sitting and mindfulness techniques.

TM was my basis, then I learnt to understand the energy with Reiki.

In the last few years I have learnt/re-learnt a few powerful Mantra's and techniques.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Peace Won Love
Old 26-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Ascender
Mhetta Bhavana and Vipassana, it's hard at first and I still have to make myself do it but you do feel better for doing it and meditation in general can help with a great deal of things so it's totally worthwhile.
Old 26-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi all

This thread is for everyone that meditates and you don't have to be an expert to post your meditation.

I love meditation so much and always ask everyone i meet what meditation they do. I'm curious so here goes.

What meditation do you do?

anthonly c - When I do meditate I use a guided meditation cassette and headphones. It has serene music and really puts me at ease.