Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-09-2015, 04:33 AM
life.love.regret.

This is a very interesting and helpful thread. If I can ask a couple of questions from you all...

These noise "signals". Often, in that state between sleep and awake, I will hear and almost feel very harsh and quick noises that will snap me back into consciousness. Best way to describe it would be an electric shock. It's not painful but it does sometimes feel like I'm being hit in the head with a single punch. Does this seem like a signal?

I experience the opposite of the heavy feeling. Instead, I have to fight to keep from floating away. What would this mean, if anything?

I can share what works for me for anybody who is having a hard time just getting started. I always lay on my back (not a position I normally sleep in) and I let myself fall asleep (that's what I'm trying to do anyway). I have had experiences in the early morning hours but I get more experiences when I lay down during a time I normally wouldn't sleep. Afternoon naps and maybe 8-9 hours before my usual bedtime have gotten very consistent results. I'm not trying to make these experiences happen and I wonder if not caring whether it happens or not actually facilitates the experiences.
Old 21-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.

1. These noise "signals". Often, in that state between sleep and awake, I will hear and almost feel very harsh and quick noises that will snap me back into consciousness. Best way to describe it would be an electric shock. It's not painful but it does sometimes feel like I'm being hit in the head with a single punch. Does this seem like a signal?

2. I experience the opposite of the heavy feeling. Instead, I have to fight to keep from floating away. What would this mean, if anything?

1. Yes, it does seem to be a signal.

2. It means exactly that, you are going to float away. Next time allow yourself to float away. It will not hurt you. It is a fantastic feeling. If you are like me you will enjoy it.
Old 22-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Pathfinder

@LeoAngel:
But this is very good! You didn't get it that you were out of body, but however, you can do it again! Don't be frustrated, I had such situations a hundred times. Yes, it's frustrating, but next time you'll do it better! You'll see, the more you do it, the greater the chances are that you will recognize your state and use it. It's okay :-)

@life.love.regret:
I guess the noise signals in connection with the “shock” is active energy. I know various experiences where some chakra or nadi was so energized that I had these “electric” shocks though not really painful, but sometimes unbearable nevertheless. It think it is a good sign and shows that your energetic body (that means the etheric body) is very active and so is the astral. Such energetic phenomenons are common through OBE-initiating states. It is obvious that these "electricity" feelings have to do with the active energy.
And furthermore I suppose, this could have to do with the silvercord – this is the cord which connects your energetic/ etheric body with the physical body. I often felt “drawn back” by this cord. I guess the cord is connected to the back of your head (it can also be connected with the back or the forehead or other), and when you are “drawn back” it comes like a little shock and a punch in your head. Because you suddendly fall back into the body. The resistance of the etheric matter has to be overcome before you can come out. There is a point when the resistance is overcome and you are able to come out, but when not you will be drawn back by the toughness of this etheric matter. It sometimes also happens when you try to come out, and it feels like your body is connected with the physical body through tough, rubber like bands.
And another thing is, when you are so energized in some part of the body, you will return to the physical just out of a “shock”. I often was drawn back when the energized feeling in the body was at its highest.
Ah, one question: do you feel the "punch" in your face or at the back of the head?

And astralsuzy is right – just let it float you away! Just see what happens. The “floating” feeling comes from the active energy which is flowing over the surface of your body. It can feel like floating on water or wind.

That you just have these experiences without inducing them, means that your etheric/ energetic body (which is the astral body + the vital energy) is relatively “loose”. It seems more free. And so it is much easier for you to do it. I "loosened" my etheric body through months of practising, it was not so loose before.
And you are right, if you just not care whether it happens or not, it is more likely that it will happen than when you always think “it has to work”.
Old 22-09-2015, 06:11 PM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguia
@LeoAngel:
But this is very good! You didn't get it that you were out of body, but however, you can do it again! Don't be frustrated, I had such situations a hundred times. Yes, it's frustrating, but next time you'll do it better! You'll see, the more you do it, the greater the chances are that you will recognize your state and use it. It's okay :-)

@life.love.regret:
I guess the noise signals in connection with the “shock” is active energy. I know various experiences where some chakra or nadi was so energized that I had these “electric” shocks though not really painful, but sometimes unbearable nevertheless. It think it is a good sign and shows that your energetic body (that means the etheric body) is very active and so is the astral. Such energetic phenomenons are common through OBE-initiating states. It is obvious that these "electricity" feelings have to do with the active energy.
And furthermore I suppose, this could have to do with the silvercord – this is the cord which connects your energetic/ etheric body with the physical body. I often felt “drawn back” by this cord. I guess the cord is connected to the back of your head (it can also be connected with the back or the forehead or other), and when you are “drawn back” it comes like a little shock and a punch in your head. Because you suddendly fall back into the body. The resistance of the etheric matter has to be overcome before you can come out. There is a point when the resistance is overcome and you are able to come out, but when not you will be drawn back by the toughness of this etheric matter. It sometimes also happens when you try to come out, and it feels like your body is connected with the physical body through tough, rubber like bands.
And another thing is, when you are so energized in some part of the body, you will return to the physical just out of a “shock”. I often was drawn back when the energized feeling in the body was at its highest.
Ah, one question: do you feel the "punch" in your face or at the back of the head?

And astralsuzy is right – just let it float you away! Just see what happens. The “floating” feeling comes from the active energy which is flowing over the surface of your body. It can feel like floating on water or wind.

That you just have these experiences without inducing them, means that your etheric/ energetic body (which is the astral body + the vital energy) is relatively “loose”. It seems more free. And so it is much easier for you to do it. I "loosened" my etheric body through months of practising, it was not so loose before.
And you are right, if you just not care whether it happens or not, it is more likely that it will happen than when you always think “it has to work”.

This is great information, Aguia, thank you. I've never connected these occurrences to AP before. Ever since I was a kid I Just considered them to be normal sleep issues.

I don't feel the punch or shock in my face but I don't know if I can say it is consistently at the back of my head.

This is really incredible stuff. It makes me wonder about a very vivid and "spiritual" feeling dream I had some months ago in which I was shocked awake. I wonder if I was APing.
Old 22-09-2015, 06:12 PM
life.love.regret.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, Leoangel. I'm sorry about that
Old 22-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Pathfinder

No you're fine Love :)
The more info the better!!
Old 23-09-2015, 05:32 AM
Master

LeoAngel you might want to try what I do. The temptation of trying not to turn over can be very tempting. To solve the problem I say to myself during the day I am determined not to roll over. I do not exactly say that. I say I am determined to ap no matter how long it takes. For me it means the same. It works but it is a lot harder to do that in bed. It was working very well in the other room until last night. I was not tired but the temptation was too great. I turned and fell asleep for a short while. Today I have been saying to myself I am determined to ap, again and again. It stays in your mind and it makes it a lot easier. If you do decide to do this do not get discouraged if it does not work straight away. It can take days for it to work. You have nothing to loose by trying it.
Old 23-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Pathfinder

@life.love.regret:

You write:
This is really incredible stuff. It makes me wonder about a very vivid and "spiritual" feeling dream I had some months ago in which I was shocked awake. I wonder if I was APing.
Hm, I don't know if you want to describe it more detailedly - maybe it is too personal for you and I will not force you to talk about it. But if it was a vivid dream with spiritual feeling and all that, it sounds much like an OBE. After two years of intensive OBEs I can say, a lot of "dreams" weren't dreams at all. You see, it is all a question of consciousness. There are OBEs in which you are only little conscious, that means you are little aware of yourself, and such OBEs are dream-overlayed. That means your subconscious "weaves" all your surroundings into your own world of thoughts, which depends on your psyche and state. And there are OBEs in which you are FULLY conscious, but NOT with your normal consciousness you have in the day. You are in another state then, in a higher (or lower!) consciousness of yourself. Because we think we are the ones who we are in the day, but in reality our consciousness is much bigger (or wider? don't know how to say it exactly, but I guess you get what I mean). So: OBE does not mean, you always realize that you got out of the body and everything looks like the physical world. No, it does not. It is far more complex and we are just at the beginning of understanding it.
However: when the experience is not split and unlogical and totally nonsense like some dreams, when you actually conscious of yourself and your thinking is logical and the "story line" is continuous, it is very likely that it is an OBE or dream-overlayed OBE. It takes a time until you can distinguish the different forms, but there is a lot to see and to learn :-)
Old 23-09-2015, 05:28 PM
life.love.regret.

[quote=Aguia]@life.love.regret:

You write:
Hm, I don't know if you want to describe it more detailedly - maybe it is too personal for you and I will not force you to talk about it. But if it was a vivid dream with spiritual feeling and all that, it sounds much like an OBE. After two years of intensive OBEs I can say, a lot of "dreams" weren't dreams at all. You see, it is all a question of consciousness. There are OBEs in which you are only little conscious, that means you are little aware of yourself, and such OBEs are dream-overlayed. That means your subconscious "weaves" all your surroundings into your own world of thoughts, which depends on your psyche and state. And there are OBEs in which you are FULLY conscious, but NOT with your normal consciousness you have in the day. You are in another state then, in a higher (or lower!) consciousness of yourself. Because we think we are the ones who we are in the day, but in reality our consciousness is much bigger (or wider? don't know how to say it exactly, but I guess you get what I mean). So: OBE does not mean, you always realize that you got out of the body and everything looks like the physical world. No, it does not. It is far more complex and we are just at the beginning of understanding it.
However: when the experience is not split and unlogical and totally nonsense like some dreams, when you actually conscious of yourself and your thinking is logical and the "story line" is continuous, it is very likely that it is an OBE or dream-overlayed OBE. It takes a time until you can distinguish the different forms, but there is a lot to see and to learn :-)[/QUOTE

The bolded describes how it felt to me.

There sure does seem to be a lot to learn about it all. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It's a pretty interesting topic to me.
Old 24-09-2015, 02:06 AM
Pathfinder

Astral
I will try that tonight.
It's weird but I feel like when I try to AP when I first go to bed I have better feelings than when I try to AP when I wake up early morning.

I don't get vibrations though - not sure how to get to that point

I'll feel a slight slight tingling in my hands or feet. sometimes I'll hear random sounds..
No vibration.. How do I induce the vibrational stage?