Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 AM
UnderIce

Wolves. As a kid, I was frightened of them because I used to have nightmares about, and visions of, them and they somehow just freaked me out. But as I grew up, I became fascinated with them and I still am. Maybe it's just because they're beautiful and have gorgeous eyes - hence why I love huskies so much too - and seem to be connected to a lot of mystical things but they just amaze me. :)
Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 AM
mahakali

I love all animals. go veg!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
I love all animals. go veg!

You would love this bumper sticker:

"I LOVE ANIMALS... I DON'T EAT THEM!!!!"

Unfortunately, veganism (and even vegitarianism) is not right for everyone. Some are able to reach peace within by consuming only the flesh of animals that have been raised and slaughtered humanely, and whose spirit they thank and honor. It is up to each one individually to search within and determine what is the right way for him or her.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 AM
mahakali

yes i understand LFH. and thanks.

i noticed how much guilt i was suppressing when i became veg. i love them so so so much i do not want to contribute to there suffering. i do not want there life to end just so i can eat them. but this diet is not or everyone and this is samsara after all. everyone, even animals have karma.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I love this post! Thanks for sharing LFH

Forgive me for not responding sooner... I'm not able to check the forum every day, and when threads get buried under new ones, I lose track of where I've been and forget to go back and see if someone has responded to a post of mine...!

You're very kind... I'm glad others appreciate my being besotted with animals and do not think me totally insane, LOL!
Old 20-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderIce
Wolves. As a kid, I was frightened of them because I used to have nightmares about, and visions of, them and they somehow just freaked me out. But as I grew up, I became fascinated with them and I still am. Maybe it's just because they're beautiful and have gorgeous eyes - hence why I love huskies so much too - and seem to be connected to a lot of mystical things but they just amaze me. :)

I love Wolves too My Wolf Totem Ashari is just beautiful and I love seeing them at the Safari Park near my Dad's.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Royalite

Ants and butterflies! They are TOO cool! I use to marvel at the giant red ants (I know them as Bachacs!) we use to have by the beach where I use to live. Giant colony all working together for a common purpose. They worked in harmony, in total zen until of course someone came in the way. Thing is, they worked in such harmony that when something did mess up the line, the other would come and get rid of it and fall back in line. They were so bent on working together and would have nothing else. I really loved that!

And Butterflies, the freedom image. I use to try to talk to them to find out where they've been and what they've been up to and how they could be so free. I see people like that sometimes. Heck, I see myself like that sometimes. But I love watching them, how they go from that baby caterpillar stage, crawling and really vulnerable to a sleeping coccoon just waiting until they come out able to fly away. And their beauty was something I often marveled at. How capable they were, how full of potential. I use to try to catch them and keep them in a jar but they always died. Because they were meant to be free creatures and a jar was not their natural habitat. Kind of like humans....
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
grazier

I have an affinity with birds, especially the dove, also butterflies, hedgehogs, squirrels and tapirs.

I was born in the year of the rat and have the tendencies of a rat. I store things and always do things routinely - if I stray from the norm I am lost and disorientated. I also hate changes.

Blessings

grazier
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
iolite

For me it is cats... all kinds from domestic house cats to wild big cats. I just find them entrancing.

My daughter is crazy about cats too, but also fish, butterflies, dragon flies, birds, and dogs.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Sunshinelady

I feel connected to all animals. Whole my life I grew up surrounded by animals. But I do loooove cats:-)