Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 30-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
1) Of all the people on here only you could have asked that question.

Please enlighten us how dolphins have a concept of 'humiliation'..

Quote:
2) Indeed not, but after 7,500 posts one would like to have hoped for something a little more enlightened than "Oh my. God intended?"
Birds are 'designed' to soar through boundless skies, not be locked in small cages. Whales and dolphins are 'designed' to span the breadths of the oceans, not be confined in aquariums.
There is no such thing as 'design'.
Old 30-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Ascender
Sea World is a massive concern, with a lot of money to burn on propaganda. Judging by some of the replies, their publicity money has borne fruit. People have been hoodwinked by the publicity machine of Sea World. "We are conservationists" - but no mention of the profits made each year. Have a look at this article: http://savejapandolphins.org/blog/po...rlds-hypocrisy

The basic fact is, dolphins and killer whales do not naturally jump through hoops. Neither do elephants sit up to "beg" on two feet naturally. They have been "trained" to do that - often by cruel methods. The cruel methods of some circuses have only recently been widely exposed on video. Now Sea World has been caught out: forcing a nursing killer whale to perform when it wanted to tend to its baby.

One trainer there has been killed and another nearly killed. Is this OK, too, just because a few children may grow up to become marine biologists?

I will finish by quoting the noble knight, as I couldn't have said better myself:
Quote:
Every creature deserves to be free, living in its natural environment, befriended by man, not enslaved by man.
Old 30-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
The basic fact is, dolphins and killer whales do not naturally jump through hoops. Neither do elephants sit up to "beg" on two feet naturally. They have been "trained" to do that - often by cruel methods. The cruel methods of some circuses have only recently been widely exposed on video. Now Sea World has been caught out: forcing a nursing killer whale to perform when it wanted to tend to its baby.
Well that's the issue I can understand. If they are abused to perform certain acts it can be considered ''cruel'' - but performing tricks does not have to be cruel, so I do not agree with your conclusion in this thread.
Old 30-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos

1) Please enlighten us how dolphins have a concept of 'humiliation'..

2) There is no such thing as 'design'.

1) Such beautiful, graceful, intelligent creatures reduced to performing ridiculous stunts for public entertainment. If your heart is so dull that you need it explaining, there'd be no point in explaining!

2) On reflection, 'were created' would have been more apt.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC

One trainer there has been killed and another nearly killed. Is this OK, too, just because a few children may grow up to become marine biologists?

The magical underwater filming of Jacques Cousteau inspired a generation of marine biologists and conservationists. He had no need to kill or imprison, or turn beautiful, graceful, intelligent creatures into glorified clowns.

Old 30-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
2) On reflection, 'were created' would have been more apt.
Watch this..good vid to show the error of the idea of 'design'/'creation' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyh1Qsw-Ak&feature=relmfu
Quote:
1) Such beautiful, graceful, intelligent creatures reduced to performing ridiculous stunts for public entertainment.
Dolphins are wonderful animals, but I don't consider their stunts ''ridiculous''. I find it entertaining, I saw a show a couple of years ago and it was amazing.
Quote:
If your heart is so dull that you need it explaining, there'd be no point in explaining!
U mad son?

Maybe you should stay a bit classy and keep it civil.
Old 30-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Master
I have always felt besides domesticated pets like cats who should not be in native forests that animals belong outside cages and people in them. Domestic animals hang around because they choose to-

My daughter wanted a bird in a cage and I told her "sure thing you have to sit in your room and not come out for a month first" I haven't heard anymore about it.

The best zoo things I see are wide open spaces where the animals are free and you walk through small cages to protect us, not the other way round.

Every time I see a caged animal I wish I could let it go free.

If animals could treat us like we do to some of them it would be our holocaust.
Old 31-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
I also visited a zoo when I was a little child. I only remember the lion pacing back and forth, back and forth in its cage (- even at that tender age I could see it had lost its mind) and the chimp who threw excrement at people who stopped to gawp at him, becuase he hated people for taking away his freedom and the humiliation of his existance.

Most zoos and animal parks in Western Europe at least, are more enlightened on animal husbandry and welfare these days thankfully.

As for conservation work. A positive thing if it prevents species from becoming extinct, though as it is usually down to man's wanton killing and destruction of natural habitats that caused the situation in the first place...

Every creature deserves to be free, living in its natural environment, befriended by man, not enslaved by man.

Hehe, I like what you said about the chimp, but personally I think a chimp will no sooner do that to you (or worse, attack) if you came close enough in the wild, as he would in a zoo. He isn't thinking "take this, for freedom!!!!" it's just his behaviour.
Old 31-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
And that is the core of the issue. 'We' have grown up in a world were the corrupted Old Testament-style view of nature has held sway i.e. that man is lord and master of all he surveys and he can do whatever he likes. Hew down forests, rip up the earth, kill and do with the Animal Kingdom as he pleases...
The 'reverence for all creation' message, that was originally taught, the Sacred Trust, was cast aside and carnage was unleashed.

What the world needs is what it has always needed love, compassion and respect for Mother Earth and all her inhabitants.

Wheter they care about animals and the environment or otherwise, I'm in no position to say, but either way there are ways of caring about animals and helping the environment that don't involve imprisoning wild creatures in small, unnatural environments and then charging members of the public sizeable amounts of money to go and watch them 'dancing', 'bombing' and jumping through hoops.

Well people aren't going to give up their ipods and flatscreens for a life of nature, they'll just sit in and watch Jacque Coustuo movies and make a loud noise on an internet forum.
Old 31-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I have always felt besides domesticated pets like cats who should not be in native forests that animals belong outside cages and people in them. Domestic animals hang around because they choose to-

My daughter wanted a bird in a cage and I told her "sure thing you have to sit in your room and not come out for a month first" I haven't heard anymore about it.

The best zoo things I see are wide open spaces where the animals are free and you walk through small cages to protect us, not the other way round.

Every time I see a caged animal I wish I could let it go free.

If animals could treat us like we do to some of them it would be our holocaust.

Beautifully put!