Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 10-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Ôkayyyyy--I know that already....Was that the answer to my question?
There is no answer to your question, there is only the question.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes I do have mercy, take as long as you want, your already there anyway lol.

Yes. I know. In thinking about it, I'm sure that some percentage of thoughts are already those connected to Higher Self/Source. It's the same as knowing what dreams are just left-over detrius from the day and which are meaningful. We all naturally have thoughts that are from Higher Source, without doing anything.

There are lots of thoughts that fall in this category like "I wonder what Aunt Martha is up to" (in need or communicated to me) or "I want to make a picture out of this" or "I feel like it's time for a new challenge" or "I think it's time for me to just relax and do nothing" or "I sure love those kids." or "I love this mountain." and even "I feel like brussels sprouts!" or "I don't wanna drive that freeway today."

Thoughts are a natural condition of humankind and therefore of God/Source. There is no reason to treat them like sin, to try to rid yourself of them.

And now, I'm thinking..."I want to go to sleep." This too is Godlike. When you *think* of it, they're all Divine!

Lora
Old 10-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jadeitestone
Screw religion. It's filled with dogmatic beliefs that tell you to submit and obey or you will forever burn in Hell. While I am a spiritualist, I also consider myself to be a Taoist as I am very close to nature and believe wholeheartedly in balance. I have had metaphysical experiences and have been overpowered and felt the presence of ghosts. I see and hear them from time to time and know that experience is more then juat religion.

I kind of agree with this, although it seems to me that the message of the likes of Jesus, Muhammed, and Buddha gets lost amidst a lot of pretty irrelevant historical back-story. Take Christianity - surely the only thing that really matters is what Jesus said (and I'm of the school of thought that believes that when he talked about the kingdom of heaven, 'you are the light of the world,' etc., he was talking about the same thing the Buddha was talking about - nirvana, enlightenment), but you get all these so-called Christians banging on about stuff from the Old Testament and trying to scare you straight Annoys me no end (I know it shouldn't, but there you go :p)- the core of Jesus' message was compassion, love, peace, harmony, non-judgment, give over with the fire-and-brimstone rhetoric.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Elzibeth

I can see why you have found the muslim religion attractive and it includes spirits/deamons and other elemental beings on a basis of heaven and hell much like christianity/catholism. I think this religion understands there is mroe to the world than meets the eye, but again it dictates its own rules by its methods which are, like all religions, a control of the masses method. You can believe in it if you wish and it suits you as there is nothing wrong with faith. But no religion is as such wrong, well perhaps demonic religions!, but the world needs balance to run its course, much like life needs death, you need rain to appreciate sunshine, or vise-versa. You need wrong to know when something is right!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Elzibeth

Sorry double posted whilst my computer had a tantrum!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzibeth
I can see why you have found the muslim religion attractive and it includes spirits/deamons and other elemental beings on a basis of heaven and hell much like christianity/catholism. I think this religion understands there is mroe to the world than meets the eye, but again it dictates its own rules by its methods which are, like all religions, a control of the masses method. You can believe in it if you wish and it suits you as there is nothing wrong with faith. But no religion is as such wrong, well perhaps demonic religions!, but the world needs balance to run its course, much like life needs death, you need rain to appreciate sunshine, or vise-versa. You need wrong to know when something is right!

I'm not sure I agree Elizabeth. There is no need for any formalized religion as our relationships with Source/Divine are unique, personal by definition. Yes, others can write about their interactions, but once you form an organization, the goal of that organization becomes to "survive". It's true in governments and it's true in religions.

I cannot think of one religion that has not (a) waged war for itself --which in my book is as wrong as you can get and (b) hasn't inflicted fear upon it's believers in one way or another. There are many sources of fear, but religion is one of the worst offenders, IMO.

I just can't find a justification for the organizations. Sharing is OK but making it formal--isn't necessary.

Lora
Old 10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I kind of agree with this, although it seems to me that the message of the likes of Jesus, Muhammed, and Buddha gets lost amidst a lot of pretty irrelevant historical back-story. Take Christianity - surely the only thing that really matters is what Jesus said (and I'm of the school of thought that believes that when he talked about the kingdom of heaven, 'you are the light of the world,' etc., he was talking about the same thing the Buddha was talking about - nirvana, enlightenment), but you get all these so-called Christians banging on about stuff from the Old Testament and trying to scare you straight Annoys me no end (I know it shouldn't, but there you go :p)- the core of Jesus' message was compassion, love, peace, harmony, non-judgment, give over with the fire-and-brimstone rhetoric.

I completely agree!! The core of Jesus' teaching is the only thing I take for me, as a moral guide, from the Bible.

I also agree that we should give freely what God gave us freely. Financially support ourselves with normal businesses and give free spiritual councils to others on a separate time. Valentin, a poor man in central Brazil, heals many people and the spirits told him not to charge for the healing, though it's ok to receive donations to maintain the house he works in and help him with his basic needs. He's still a very simple and poor man, but so rich in spirit!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
There is no answer to your question, there is only the question.

heehee---that is one heck of a way to get out of answering my question.. There is never, IMHO, a question without some sort of answer.....
Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
heehee---that is one heck of a way to get out of answering my question.. There is never, IMHO, a question without some sort of answer.....
But what if I asked you what is God, or pure Consciousness, would you be able to answer that, I know I can't.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
But what if I asked you what is God, or pure Consciousness, would you be able to answer that, I know I can't.

I could sure take a stab at it tho..God/Source/Creator/Infinite intelligence is LOVE, LIGHT and pure energy...Everything in the universe is made of this same energy/substance including us--our conscienceness/soul/spirit thus making us part of the whole;/One and the One being part of us as well.......how's that for an answer to "your" question......and tell me where you disagree....but, be nice a my airconditioner broke down and it is close to 100 degrees in here and Ifeel like a wet noodle......