Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Master
Point made, Dream. But, it's part of hjman nature to seek out the answers.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, true Morpheus, to seek the answers.

Yet, sometimes in this seeking , how does one really know what IS the answer to some of the questions , when there are so many possible answers ?

For example this Noah's Ark question, who knew there were so many Noahs ( with a variety of spellings) ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Master
Iluusory Time and Space

Well as example, someone else had posted these on another forum, regarding illusory time and space...

Quote:

Could It Be? Spooky Experiments That 'See' The Future

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/ ... the-future

Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena?New studies show people can anticipate future events.
Published on October 11, 2010 by Melissa Burkley, Ph.D. in The Social Thinker

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... -phenomena

Is this evidence that we can see the future?
16:29 11 November 2010 by Peter Aldhous

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... uture.html

Is Precognition Real? Cornell University Lab Releases Powerful New Evidence that the Human Mind can Perceive the Future
By: Ben Goertzel Published: November 4, 2010

http://hplusmagazine.com/2010/11/04/pre ... mind-can-/

Can This Black Box See Into the Future?
February 11, 2005

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/12 ... he_future/

In control? Think again. Our ideas of brain and human nature are mythsThe notion of individual autonomy underpins our society, yet new research suggests this guiding principle is an illusion

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... y-politics

So...now what?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Has anyone considered.... perhaps we are not meant to know the answers to everything ? I know, difficult to believe
The Bible says that there are things we aren't meant to know during this life. But God has revealed all that we need to know.

Quote:
The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
(Deuteronomy 29:29 ESV)
Old 19-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Has anyone considered.... perhaps we are not meant to know the answers to everything ? I know, difficult to believe

i think it's the questions and the seeking that are interesting...for me answers are so so and certainly nothing concrete and open to change and perhaps we'll never know and maybe need interpreting differently. strange that such stories can come from aboriginal culture too. i see a thread here personally. there are common human experiences; kundalini, chakra colours, serpent power, rainbow snake, snake head dress of egypt and common stories myths of the flood and that rainbows were seen. same experiences separated by sea, land and culture...experiences that transcend language and belief. interesting stuff if you ask me but then like i was saying to someone earlier, i like what some folk think of as dry toast reading

nice higher self pic!

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 19-06-2012, 07:08 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I've pondered two things regarding all of this.

Given what we are being told in Physics, regarding Time and Space, and considering the nature of the world, pre"fall", and lifespans of people after the fall, you get the idea that the Archeologists and Geologists don't have the whole picture.

Lately, we are being informed that the solar system is entering in to a new situationin in space, regarding a charged energy field, and, also we are told in scripture that things will return to how they originally were, with respect to life span, as to immediately after the Fall.
That people will be living hundreds of years.

Regarding also, S-Word, about the continents being divided, there is the verse in Genesis, about how "in the days of Peleg, the, Earth was divided."

There is something amiss regarding time and space that is not being recognized, regarding the early Earth, and the early nature, and siituation of life, and mankind.

Quantum Physics is not getting much attention, if any, by either the Evolutionists, and the Creationists, both.

Hi Morpheus, If you are are referring to my poem, "My Mother My Country" where the killer stone is hurled from out of space and the one super continent of "Pangea," of 208 to 145 million years ago began to break up during the Jurassic period, causing the sea levels to rise dramatically, I don't believe this is the same period in which Peleg Lived.

The scriptures, are here referring to the time when men began to speak in different languages and separated into different national groups, and to a period of selective breeding in the process of creating the perfect human as seen in Jesus, when, through "Peleg" the descendant of "Eber," or Heber, the father of the Hebrew national group, was separated from his relatives, but that's another story and does not belong in this thread.

Last edited by S-word : 19-06-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 20-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Master
Time and Space. The, "Construct"

No, not aware of your poem, S. But in synchronistic fashion, look what came up in the news today, regarding findings about, "decay".

Since Einstein we have been informed more and more about the nature of time, (with attending space and gravity), which confirms the ancient spiritual teachings.

I stated... that something is not being recognized about time, with respect to what scripture speaks of.
Today I spotted this:

"If the excess decays shown are confirmed it will be exciting to figure out what is causing it," said BaBar physics coordinator Abner Soffer of Tel Aviv University.
"We hope our results will stimulate theoretical discussion about just what the data are telling us about new physics."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...hp_ref=science

Concerning "Pangea" yes, that is one interpretation...what I cited is another.

Old 20-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
If you read the story carefully you will find that it is all a single account.

What I think is much more remarkable is that, if you separate the verses into the ones that use the name "Yaweh" for God, and those that use "Elohim", along with their surrounding material, you end up with two basically complete accounts, and these accounts are each more internally consistent than the whole thing put together and don't require any of the explanations you have offered. The two separate accounts each have a different character and vocabulary.

Furthermore, if you follow this procedure with the rest of the Torah, you end up with similar results.

This makes for a pretty persuasive argument, in my book.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 20-06-2012, 07:02 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
No, not aware of your poem, S. But in synchronistic fashion, look what came up in the news today, regarding findings about, "decay".

Since Einstein we have been informed more and more about the nature of time, (with attending space and gravity), which confirms the ancient spiritual teachings.

I stated... that something is not being recognized about time, with respect to what scripture speaks of.
Today I spotted this:

"If the excess decays shown are confirmed it will be exciting to figure out what is causing it," said BaBar physics coordinator Abner Soffer of Tel Aviv University.
"We hope our results will stimulate theoretical discussion about just what the data are telling us about new physics."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...hp_ref=science

Concerning "Pangea" yes, that is one interpretation...what I cited is another.

[Morpheus wrote]........Regarding also, S-Word, about the continents being divided, there is the verse in Genesis, about how "in the days of Peleg, the, Earth was divided."

Having read the above, and being unaware of any other instance where I spoke of the continents being divided, I assumed that you were referring to the poem as seen below.

MY MOTHER MY COUNTRY

This is my country, the land of my birth, where my ancestors spirits roam
Sixty long years I’ve toiled in her soil, this is my land, it’s my home
For six generations.... my fathers, have battled the droughts and the floods
And have won from her soil a living, and some even offered their blood
In defense of this land and her people, and though their bones lay in foreign ground
Their spirits returned to this beloved land, for with her are their destinies bound
And they merge with the land and her creatures, with the forests the lakes and the sea
With her they are one and I am their son .... in fact those spirits are me

So I walk through and talk to my mother, to the mountains the rivers and streams
And she speaks of the past and the present, and of the future she holds in her dreams
She speaks of the times of destruction, before the advent of man
And reveals all the scars and the pox marks, just some of the terrible wounds
Inflicted by star stones from heaven, and she knows that the day must come
When from out of that dark pit above us, will be hurled .... the killer stone
Rugged, wave torn, and wind swept, her old mountains gaze out o’er the sea
And the sigh of the wind through those craggy clefts, sing the songs of old history

They sing of the time when all lands were one, one land in a watery world
And how the life of that time was bought to an end, when a killer stone was hurled
When, from out of that dark and endless pit, a star came crashing down
And from one great land of origin, all the continents were born

She speaks of the giants who ruled that land, and near all of the life that it bore
Which were piled in mounds of rotting flesh, in the valleys and along the shores
Of those shattered lands as they drifted apart, and Lord, how those gulfs have grown
How many millions and millions of years, has she waited here all alone

Waited and longed to become once again, one with the lands of her birth
To bridge the gulf and share with the world, the bountiful fruits of her earth
To walk hand in hand with each sister land as they seek the salvation of man
For though earth is doomed, their children will roam, throughout new heavenly lands
In the wind her voice sighs, my child I must die, so take from me all that you need
When in the heavens you fly, to those worlds way on high, remember.... you are my seed
When, the earth and the sun, have again become one
Will you kneel on those worlds way on high
And remember the womb from which you were born, goodbye my children goodbye....By S-word.
Old 20-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The stories wouldn't have been identical because they would have been passed on by word of mouth and changes in the details would inevitably have occurred. But all of the flood stories do agree on the main point, that only a few people survived to carry on the human race.

And in that specific local, only a few did. But meanwhile, the Egyptians and the Akkadians both have records going back to, and earlier than, the traditional date for the flood, and neither of them mentions having to tread water.

And it would be a lengthy discussion to catalog all of the scientific impossibilities that would have to be overcome if the flood were truly global. For us to make such an assertion is, in my opinion, a serious mistake.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com