Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

View Poll Results: Which is your power animal?
wolf 26 20.31%
eagel 11 8.59%
cat 22 17.19%
owl 12 9.38%
bear 12 9.38%
snake 6 4.69%
raven 7 5.47%
other 55 42.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Master

Nightowl, that makes them your totem animals as far as I understand it.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Nightowl, that makes them your totem animals as far as I understand it.

My understanding of totem animal is that it is tied to a clan or family group, power animals are those tied to me personally. Some use the term totem interchangeably with power.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Quagmire

How insightful indeed. Makes my head spin with possibilities Amazing experiences with both the wolf and the raven I think.

Sometimes your guides might posses an animal to help you. Sometimes they might change to the form of an animal. Sometimes they might be an actual animal spirit. Sometimes they might use the image of animal to guide you. And that is just a few of the possibilities that spins around in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
They are an aspect of my spiritual makeup.
I agree but I would also consider my spirit guide team as part of my spiritual makeup. If it gets it done I do not think it matters if your spirit guide team uses animals to guide you or if it is an actual animal spirit or something else. If it gives us power to evolve that is power animal enough for me
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka
How insightful indeed. Makes my head spin with possibilities Amazing experiences with both the wolf and the raven I think.

Sometimes your guides might posses an animal to help you. Sometimes they might change to the form of an animal. Sometimes they might be an actual animal spirit. Sometimes they might use the image of animal to guide you. And that is just a few of the possibilities that spins around in my head.

I agree but I would also consider my spirit guide team as part of my spiritual makeup. If it gets it done I do not think it matters if your spirit guide team uses animals to guide you or if it is an actual animal spirit or something else. If it gives us power to evolve that is power animal enough for me

Interesting points...

Much of how people see and view animal guides and spirit guides I think has to do with where they personally are coming from in reference to spiritual beliefs. I do not embrace much of the eastern spiritual philosophies, much of my beliefs have formed as to how I am spiritually connected. Many of my views are based in more of a earth based belief, if I had to give it a name, I am very connected to my ancient ancestors beliefs. I don't even use the term spiritual team...

Of those who speak of having power animals do any of you work with them in spiritual practices or rituals?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
My understanding of totem animal is that it is tied to a clan or family group, power animals are those tied to me personally. Some use the term totem interchangeably with power.
That is my understanding too. Totems are ancestral, while power animals are personal and not necessarily fixed.

I don't know what my power animal is though
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27

What animal do you admire the most or is most attracted to? think that is a great place to start.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka
What animal do you admire the most or is most attracted to? think that is a great place to start.
None. I can't really pick out a particular animal I've always liked more than others. I've always liked all kinds of different animals, since I was young. But not a single one more than others.

Or at least not that I can immediately notice
Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Quagmire

Im an animal lover myself... but it is just like the felines have always "spoken" to me. They really have some qualities that I admire. If I had not been told that the snake was my animal spirit I am not sure when I would have realized it. But when I read up on the snake as my spirit animal I could see that I had been blind. So I have come to the conclusion that Feline (probably Cheetah) and Snake are mine.

Lets try a different angle then: If you were an animal what animal would you be?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
That is my understanding too. Totems are ancestral, while power animals are personal and not necessarily fixed.

Love your avatar pic! I have known many people who don't know, do you spiritually connect in ways that would include one? This to me is a indicator to rather you have one or are meant to work with one...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Quagmire

Yes I do believe that our view comes from our personal experiences and therefore I do not believe what label we put on the different things is important. The thing that is important is to understand what different individuals put into these labels. Personally I think today I have come to the conclusion that a power animal is as simple as an animal that gives us the power to evolve. In this view I will call what some of you call a totem animal for a shared power animal.

Actually the first couple of years I refered to the one I think is my main guide as a god and I still like to do it. I do know that she is not a god but the thing I consider god is so much more than a god, so in a way you could say I do not believe in god All of my belief originates from this guide or maybe guide team I refer to as god and from that humble, loving and generous view I build on. I love the wisdom originating from Kung Fu, Tai Chi and that stuff. Also I do love some of the view that Geaorge Lukas have put in the Jedi Order and many other things. So you could call my spiritual view: The Collage of Love.

To be honest I do not really do much spiritual practices or rituals in general. Most of mine is in my head and is done as natural as thinking and I think is interconnected with me. So on a mental level I think I do work with these power animals much more than I realize.