Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
I have just been informed that I have '*******' on other peoples views in this thread and I wish to apologize for being, or seeming to be, disingenious. It was not my intent but it seems that I have been so and not realized it. I will not be so again, I assure you. Please forgive me, any of you who I may have '*******' on your comments, it was not my intention.

Peace
SC
Serious? Someone was offended by one of your posts?
I've read the whole thread and...gee...where?
Old 26-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how?
Do you hide your gifts from the main stream? If so, Why?

Once upon a time there was 'little old me' with no gifts that had yet manifested themselves or not yet learned. Either way, as far as 'little old me' was concerned there weren't any gifts. It became a learning curve, the dressing up as a child to explore identities and all the other things people do as they grow up to become whatever they are. Then suddenly these gifts come into their lives and they're a different 'little old me'. But the same questions arise. As 'little old me' is dressing up they're finding the answers to the big question that I believe is the whole point of us being here. Who Am I? As they discover their gifts, 'Who Am I?' takes on a different perspective, kind of like reincarnation for the not-dead. Who Am I with healing powers or being able to divine the future or.......???? This question isn't that far from 'Who Am I?' with pink hair and a fascination for this movie star when 'little old me' was a teenager.

All of these things and how we express them to the outside world is the manifestation of Spirit. It's also a gauge in that we can seen how far we have come. Perhaps the wisdom of Ozymandius is something we need to at least think about. He wanted to build mighty towers as testimony to his greatness that would last until the end of time, but he realised that eventually they would all turn to dust. Perhaps the testimony to Ozymandius' greatness is that realisation that we have never quite got the hang of as yet. Many walk in fear that if they don't do the right thing then they'll be toast, perhaps in our evolution all we've cone is exchanged 'karma' for 'superstition' or fear that we won't evolve Spiritually if we don't dedicate our lives to its pursuit. Are we so evolved that all we've done is give it a different name? Really, how much has changed?
Old 26-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
We all have gifts SpiritCarrier. Some people are more aware of their gifts than others are, that's all. My suggestion would be to focus on helping to open up others to recognize their gifts, rather than directing energy towards what it is some people may think of you and your chosen path.
Thats the thing about a gift you give it to other people and it can bring happiness. Thats the best use for our gifts.
Old 29-11-2011, 12:09 PM
vulkus

Quote:
I have found on my journey to enlightment a variety of beings. I, since coming here, have become curious about a few things and would like your opinion on them.

1. Do you feel that most people have evolved beyond prejudice?

NO

Quote:
2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand?
NO, no one has gifts special or otherwise. Everyone has the same inate abilities, it is the person and their level of awareness that determines what abilities are activated and what are not.

Quote:
3. Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how?
YES, the simple belief that you have a 'gift' and are different.

Quote:
4. Do you hide your gifts from the main stream? If so, Why?
NO I have no 'gifts', if it were a gift there would be no need to hide it. I am as I appear to be, both here and in the real world. Those that have the eyes can see and those that do not, can not. So mote it be.

I appreciate any input you may have. Thank you for reading.
Old 29-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:

No I dont feel that is so ... attitudes may have improved slightly in some parts of the world, however most people only seem to develop a very thin veneer of tolerance, containing untold little cracks, which are revealed when they stand in the natural light ...
Old 29-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
I have found on my journey to enlightment a variety of beings. I, since coming here, have become curious about a few things and would like your opinion on them.

2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand?

3. Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how?

I appreciate any input you may have. Thank you for reading.

1.) No. Though i am still, however naively, of the conviction that we may be making significant progress towards this end, and if this is not the case, we can still in good faith endeavor towards this ourselves. Can we completely rid humanity of prejudice? It sounds like a tall order to be honest, and we aren't there yet in my opinion, no, not by quite a ways. I do believe there are people with enough self honesty and integrity that are free of a significant amount of prejudice, and they are probably in many cases the ones who promote education pertaining to the problems and root causes of discrimination in whichever area they choose, if not specifically working at jobs, at least actively in their communication and self expression.

2.) Yes and no. I have no past life recollections or anything as of yet, but i do see it in a sense as history repeating. We are all here to learn what we are here to learn or do, as we were in the past, and will be in the future. However, i do feel like there are many opening of minds and hearts in progress right now. The age we live in, the energy of it, the situation taken as a whole i find both terrifying and inspiring at the same time, in certain ways. It is sort of a loaded question in a sense, and i admit i may be off the mark and answering based on some internal state rather than external reality to some degree.

3.) Probably. Yes and no again. 'Fear is the mind killer' as they say. Love would be the mind enlivener then? It is an individual and personal thing to come to terms with in many ways i think. 'Perfect Love casteth out fear' as they point out in the bible. Those of us with 'gifts' (which would be everyone pretty much far as i see it) have the ability to choose whether we let fear grip our heart, or let love relax and release it.

4.) In a way, yes. Part of it maybe is some self preservation instinct. Or maybe i have yet to realize my 'gifts' in large part, i would be hard pressed to identify some of them, at least metaphysical ones. However, i would be quick to remind and refer people of the Marianne Williamson quote which i quite like in a way;

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

May i ask why these specific questions? What are your answers to them? If you'd rather not answer, no problem, just curious.

peace. ~*
Old 30-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Guide
Thank you all for posting your opinions.

My answers to these questions are as follow:

No, I don't believe mankind has bridged the gap. Prejudice is strong, at least in some communities.

I remember being one of the ones who were burned at the stake because of my differences years ago. While I am no Joan of Arc, I believe anyone who is different and stands up to be counted for their beliefs, in some communities, is in danger. Maybe they wont be burned at the stake but they will wind up dead under suspicious circumstances. I have seen it happen far to often. So I do believe people still fear what they do not understand and instead of trying to understand they remove the difference, sadly.

We probably do in some ways. Maybe not consciously but anytime we stand up for something that is against what mainstream society believes we paint a target on our backs. Standing up for our rights; rights to worship how we feel we need to, rights to free speech, and so on....

Yes I do. Not because I am ashamed of what I am able to do but because it does create fear among people. I live in a small community, everyone knows everyone sort of place. When I was a child and I could do certain things I was told I was cursed with demons that I would not go to heaven if I continued to do things that were unholy, you get the picture. It is several years since I was a child but attitudes have not changed. So I hide what I can do. I help people when I can but not openly.

I agree with what you said Sound, it is a veneer of tolerance but when that tolerance is put to the test is melts away quickly. Thank you for posting. *smiles*

Vulkus I understand what you mean about we all have the same abilities inside of us, being aware of them and what they mean and how to use them takes time and patience and education. I call the things 'we' can do gifts because they are a gift in that we have something in our grasp and abilities and know how to use it or are learning how to use it and that is a gift, or at least to me. Your analogy about seeing is interesting because I have met some blind people that see much more that those who have full sight, so your point is quite valid. Thank you for your post, it is always a pleasure to read your insightful words.

LightworkerAu I couldn't agree more, thank you so much for posting.

Greenslade what a beautiful expression. Thank you so much for posting.

I want to thank everyone for posting, Thank you all so much. *smiles*

Light and Peace,
SC
Old 30-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Elena

I just tell people from the start that I am crazy and I am. I am very open minded person and tell people from the start. My sister is finally starting to except me and my intuition but it still freaks her out sometimes. I just don't care what people's opinion of me is for the most part and especialy when it comes to my spirituality. Most people fear what they don't know or understand. It depends on your family and how you are raised. Some break away from tradition and are more free spirit and I am happy for them. Tradition is hard to break away from. Just don't let it hold you back. That is why I like this site you will find most people here are understanding, not judging, and are ok with once who are different. xoxoxo