Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Master
"And God saw all the things which he had made, and they were full good, and they were very good" etc: Genesis 1:31....

How does creating 'evil' fit into 'full good, very good'. ?
Old 26-04-2024, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Good one!! Your questions are too hard to answer!
And yes, on what you said...'According to some versions'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-04-2024, 08:15 AM
Master

Ok.... And here she comes with her own take on this which will serve no purpose whatsoever but nevertheless , my own observations...
So here goes.

" I form the light and create darkness.."
"I make peace and create evil.."
"I the Lord do all these things .."

That is the nature of the thread. These words in 45 verse 7.

Well here's my opinion.
Firstly , "I the Lord do all these things"..
Don't we all pet, none of us are perfect.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....

"I form the light , I create darkness.."
Well again, we can't always get it right.
You only got to ask my husband that bought the wrong spot bulbs for the kitchen.
Nearly blinded me forever , but I would not stone him to death because of it .

I'm thinking God didn't probably filter in the element of gravity and earth rotation which is how the darkness came about .

"I make peace and create evil ..."
You've got to feel sorry for him in a way.
You create paradise for people to live in and they throw it away cos they want more, go their own way and then look what happens .

I'm sorry, but if I created a paradise for the whole of humanity , they threw it away , and then I'm looking at what they created over the last few thousand years I'd be a bit embarrassed too.

In other words, I think he's apologizing for his good intentions going wrong .
I mean it's not everyone can create a whole human race from the rib of a bloke ?

But anyway.
Another observation.
Chapter 45 verse 7 ...
4+5+7= 16...
1+ 6 = 7 .
How many days did it take to create the world ?
6. And on the 7 th day he rested ...
( That's where he went wrong in my opinion)

( Ooohhhh but loving the name Isaiah . Might mention it to son Ben that is choosing names for his own son ).....
Old 26-04-2024, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
"And God saw all the things which he had made, and they were full good, and they were very good" etc: Genesis 1:31....

....... Apples and Oranges.

The scripture in Isaiah 45:7 uses the word LORD (Yahweh).

The scripture in Genesis 1:31 uses the word God (Elohim).

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-04-2024, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue

In other words, I think he's apologizing for his good intentions going wrong .
I mean it's not everyone can create a whole human race from the rib of a bloke ?

Maybe he should have made self replicating robots instead of people who can think for themselves and can decide what we want even if it may be 'evil'.

Or maybe he should have made only "Moms" because they always know best. ....but then, if there was only "Moms", would they really be "Moms"?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-04-2024, 09:50 AM
Master
It is my belief that we choose to come here. We wanted to experience this world of change, time, and mortality. It comes with its own drawbacks such as pain and competition over finite resources. It necessarily has to be different from the idealized.
Old 26-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
....... Apples and Oranges.
The scripture in Isaiah 45:7 uses the word LORD (Yahweh).
The scripture in Genesis 1:31 uses the word God (Elohim).
I'm not referring to the different Genesis stories. According to the Bible God said He saw His creation as very good, very very good etc: how is 'evil' good....
Old 26-04-2024, 10:18 AM
Master
[quote=Miss Hepburn]Good one!! Your questions are too hard to answer! [quote].

Yes I give myself a headache sometimes
Mybe I should listen to St Augustine.

St Augustine's Confessions (4th Century): "See, I answer him that asketh, 'What did God before He made heaven and earth? ' I answer not as one is said to have done merrily (eluding the question), 'He was preparing hell for those that pry into mysteries'.
Old 26-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Maybe he should have made self replicating robots instead of people who can think for themselves and can decide what we want even if it may be 'evil'.

Or maybe he should have made only "Moms" because they always know best. ....but then, if there was only "Moms", would they really be "Moms"?
If there were only ever "mums" then we wouldn't be talking on here now LOL.
Old 26-04-2024, 02:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
how would a loving and smart God create such a place! I was not there...

Well I think you may have been there and you may have created some things or helped a team working on such things. Those memories are blocked. I think the fossil evidence is pretty clear. Like all the ape/human hybrids that died off. Why would a God create something that did not make it due to various flaws? Why would one God create many different versions of the same type of living thing? In fact, why would a God create something with flaws? To me it looks like the creators are individuals and some have more skills or better at their work than others. The increases in the intelligence of life forms have been gradual with many types not working out. In the time line of living things, humans have not been here long. I assume humans brain sizes will continue to get bigger with increased intelligence and awareness. But then while intelligent, humans can still do extremely unintelligent self destructive things.

I saw a science special on a human/ape hybrid that did not survive and they found the group buried their dead in a special place in a cave with markings on the walls and evidence of some kind of rituals being performed. These were beings that were basically small apes with a human like brain.