Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-04-2024, 12:01 AM
Master
[quote=Starman Can we truly give up all of our likes and dislikes? A nonjudgmental species?

One spirit, one primordial vibration. There is much to overcome.[/QUOTE]

In recent weeks I’ve seen the one perpetrated going off his head more violently than the one perpetrating his world in some way, he feels ‘taken from’ or violated by. People justify anger and their behaviour against those they believe is ‘wrong’ as appropriate, to situations they feel is unjust. I’ve heard people say, ‘I’ll kill him’ if I find him. Blinded rage, believing they themselves can react to their own injustices. Or in the case I’m replaying, a young man wanting to kill a man who harmed his father in a violent struggle, trying to stop him stealing a car.

Can we give up our judgements and reactions to the worse kinds of atrocities to build true and lasting peace? Can we truly look at ourselves and build ‘understanding deeper’ in ourselves that we hold the weapons, fear, terror, anger and rage within ourselves, when we react to all these things harming others. people have to look at themselves ‘complete’ in all this to truly build what I see, true and lasting peace can be.

We are being shown all sides of the ‘one’ as the one can be. A lot of people are oblivious to what they carry inside, until it’s activated in some way. I think these very disturbing tragedies, uproot a lot of disturbing stuff. As well as new ground to manage and deal.

Yes in the end you have to build this as you. Look more truthfully at your own mind, body and stop giving power to old systems as yourself.

In the end the world is balance, we can source our own and live through that means. Where other imbalances exist, we can let go let god, but we are also, all in this together, so where you are and what you are, how you behave and deal with what is, is your own personal responsibility to that shared space.
Old 15-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Can we give up our judgements and reactions to the worse kinds of atrocities to build true and lasting peace? Can we truly look at ourselves and build ‘understanding deeper’ in ourselves that we hold the weapons, fear, terror, anger and rage within ourselves, when we react to all these things harming others. people have to look at themselves ‘complete’ in all this to truly build what I see, true and lasting peace can be.

Years back, 4 nice, young gentlemen with real machetes tried robbing me. When I got to the hospital, another person came in who had been robbed before me and was left for dead on the sidewalk after one of them brought a machete down on his head.

What helped me out was looking at how such an atrocity could have happened. What I found out was another 'battle' on the War on Drugs had begun. When that would happen, some people would almost go insane knowing their days might be over because of judicial executions. Criminals became embolden because they realize their 'number' might be up.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-04-2024, 02:47 PM
Master

BigJohn, there was nothing nice or gentlemanly about those guys. I can see how ptsd could arise from such an attack, and also how difficult it may be to not judge such a situation.

These days I am guided by intuition and that keeps me out of trouble. I can be walking down a street and a deep feeling will come over me to cross over and take another route, later learning that someone was mugged on the street I was previously walking on.

I feel we can take judgment out of the equation when we hand our decisions over to our deeper being. There are so many things which can go wrong in this life; millions of things can impact us in a tragic way, but in my opinion, only one thing which we all have within us, can keep us out of danger.

Life can become safe if we nurture and dwell in a bubble of deep joy, love, and inner silence. This is how I now go through my day. Still if something unpleasant happens, my reaction is tempered by inner peace. It took time for me to get to this place and learn to accept the tragedies which impacted me in the past, before I had nurtured this bubble of silence which began and expanded from my core.
Old 15-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Master

Starman, similar to you, I have a very acute sense of awareness or intuition if you like and because of that, I have managed to not experience anything violent since my twenties. Mostly good stuff happens to me.

Mind you I live in a relatively safe State where muggings rarely happen. So that makes a difference.
Old 15-04-2024, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
BigJohn,
These days I am guided by intuition and that keeps me out of trouble. I can be walking down a street and a deep feeling will come over me to cross over and take another route, later learning that someone was mugged on the street I was previously walking on.

That night...... i was 'guided' by a voice which I not just listened to, but did exactly what I was told.

The first thing I was told to do was go and buy some coffee which seemed ridiculous but I bought it any ways. I bought the largest cup. When the clerk wanted to put a cover on it, I didn't want the cover on it but was told to have the cover put on it. Later, I realized a large cup of coffee makes a handy weapon. After I threw the coffee is the second guy's face, I was told to look in the cup. So I did. The cup was half full. Only half of the coffee went in to the 2nd guy's face because of the cover. Immediately, the 1st guy got the rest of the boiling hot coffee in his face. I later told the Police to look for 2 young men with red faces.

And then I took off so fast I fractured my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th metatarsals in my left foot. I went down hard, rolled over, let out one scream and then went silent.

The 4 men looked up the street, looked at me and got back on their motorcycles and left.

I guess they thought I was dead..... no need hanging around. They didn't even check my body for valuables.

As for me, I was spared getting cut by the 2nd guy whose blade had brownish/red stuff on it. When I got to the hospital, the guy who was attacked after me came in. After they revived him and cleaned him up, a Doctor came in and said he was HIV positive. Being he didn't know his own name, I guess that had no meaning to him.

As for the nice, 4 young men....... in today's World, we have to be politically correct. LOL!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-04-2024, 07:56 PM
Master

Like Redchic12, I live in a relatively safe State, New Mexico, in a rather low crime town, Las Cruces. I moved here from California a few years ago and it is rather laid back and quiet here, especially compared to other places I have lived, New York City and California.

But even if it were not safe, I feel protected by spirit. I often wonder why we attract certain people into our lives, especially violent people. I know that there are men who look for and target women who they believe are vulnerable.

The person who stabbed people in Sydney seemed to target women and other people who appeared vulnerable. He did not attack strong men. So how do these perpetrators choose their targets?

It could be based on what they feel more than what they may think. They are ruled by emotions, vibrations which may connect with fear or vulnerability coming from others. Its’ like if a bear growls at you, the prevailing wisdom is to stand and make yourself big and growl back at the bear.

BigJohn, I assume you are a big guy but four against one is a task regardless of your size. Fortunate you had the cup of coffee.
Old 16-04-2024, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
. When that would happen, some people would almost go insane knowing their days might be over because of judicial executions. Criminals became embolden because they realize their 'number' might be up.

Yes it becomes very complex in and around life and death situations for all. Also fight and flight responses in each moment on all sides plays its part. Then if course you’ve got all kinds of personalities playing their part in life even before things happen, warriors, renegades, protectors, peacemakers and so many more..I think in any situation it becomes what each person can only be at any given time of their lives and process. It seems machetes are the latest Weaponry for younger people where I live. They will cause great harm while fire fights with fire, because often life/death meets both in the eye and people do what they have to do to survive or take out what threatens their beliefs, their world, their existence..as for no regard for life at all, no provocation, just a desire and need to take out everything in their way, take from others everything they can, it’s another level of violence, that often most people are the least forgiving of.

There are so many battles within battles, within battles in the world.
Old 16-04-2024, 01:46 AM
Master

I still maintain that when it is your time to exit this world it is your time. The only issue is how it will happen. Lots of people think they are going to die at home in their own bed, or in hospital, but many die on the streets in violent accidents or by the hand of another person while they are out and about minding their own business.

I remember in Vietnam an American soldier had a bullet penetrate his helmet, circle around his head in that helmet, and then the bullet fell out of the helmet. The soldier did not have a scratch on him but he was emotionally shaken up; he said he heard the bullet rattle around his head in his helmet. It just was not his time.

Dying a violent death is much more impactful, I would guess for most, then dying peacefully. I believe that everyone should be prepared to die at any moment given all of the violence currently in this world. That preparation for me is having a strong relationship with my deeper being, but I do understand that it may be different for others.
Old 16-04-2024, 02:33 AM
Master
@starman

The mind thinks so many scenarios based upon one’s lives, experiences, environments and when exposed to enough violence and suffering, it can encapsulate one’s inner world, believing the turn around is impossible. Many of the old systems that we are all immersed in moving closer to home, bring us closer to our home within. It’s up to us to flip the switch at some point. One can continue to run through old programs or begin new ones. This isn’t about detachment, but consciously shifting, to hold your own centre, while chaos moves through.

People have died in all manner of ways throughout history. Collectively and individually. Our life is no different now, we live through those same times. Just different world stages and different diseases.

The fear of death collectively is mainly because of the type of warfare that people are using. As humans we know, that we can destroy ourselves, faster than we ever have in times past.

If life is about choice recreating past present future moment to moment, then why does death have a date stamp upon it?
Old 16-04-2024, 03:28 AM
Master

JustBe, I can only speak for myself, and in so doing holding my center is detachment from this world for me. I do not follow some prescribed dogmatic or reasonable approach based on mind or those whom may be seen as masters.

When we speak, regardless whether we are addressing others or not, we are always talking to ourselves and confirming what we hold to be true. My spiritual path is very intimate and no words which can be said, even by me, can accurately describe it. That said, and as I said in my previous post, I understand that others may see it differently.

I feel like there are those who follow a religion and there are those who through fixed perceptions, or deferring to so-called spiritual leaders, move to turn spirituality into a religion. Without judgment that is not my preference. With respect I embrace that each person knows truth by finding it for themselves. In my opinion truth is not something we should agree on rather it is something, in my opinion, we should intimately experience. The rest of it is just a part of duality.

Most Buddhists believe in detachment and even some Hindu’s believe that as well. Different perspectives on the same one thing, and in my understanding how we interpret our experiences has led to many different perspectives. Interpretation of spirituality has also led to wars and divisions among people. We all have our point of view. Thank you for your comments.

Namaste