Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-11-2023, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedium
Zero results so far, as always.
Ooo, a reveal of how your mind works.
May I suggest trying to be more hopeful and inviting for their aid?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2023, 06:31 AM
Master

Bad medium.. You are now hedging your bets and requesting God to send the message to the Angel .
Why bother ?
If you are talking to God why bother talking to angels?
Cut out the middle man. You are already going straight to the top!

You have serious problems believing you open your mouth and a particular angel can hear you , or even assume they talk English..
And YET you do not assume the same of God ???
Old 05-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Master
Prayer is you imagining 'someone' is out there listening, but it's really you talking to yourself. This can serve a purpose in that it can calm the mind, or help you collect your thoughts. But it doesn't mean the content is real, be that a guardian angel or a god. And now we have people being in competition about what content is 'real', but neither are.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:49 PM
Master

two observations

1) god is not a puppet. I think he said as much at some point. So petitioning him isn't something you can do, in some transactional way that we know how to do. That said, it does seem to work better when I put skin in the game... but I'm often hesitant to do that for other reasons.

2) something people seem to hate, and few seem to get the opporunity for, is to truly have to fend for themselves. It is much much easier to get someone to do things for you, or at least tell you how to do things properly, and most people buy this in some form or another, but, at the same time you don't grow that much if you are getting what you want as soon as you ask for it. Growth seems to happen better when you are animating yourself rather than trying to be getting someone to do it for you? So it seems to me you have an opportunity here, but you are squandering it by trying to 'figure out' how to get other beings to help you instead of trying to discover things about whatever it is you are interested in them helping you with.

honestly i think sometimes, if I wanna go around trying to figure out how to get things instead of trying to figure out the things themselves, spirits will very much oblige by giving me more things to try to figure out how to get? But the way out of that is easy, if I really find I don't want to continue that. I can just quit doing that????
Old 05-11-2023, 05:44 PM
Master
It's funny really. It really is talking to yourself but a trick is played. I sometimes talk to myself when I'm in the car driving, especially when I have to make choices. I find it really helpful to state my options out loud, and think about them, have a ''conversation with myself'' and then choose. It has been more effective than praying to something I may think is out there, because I take responsibility and don't imagine my thoughts are somebody else. I guess when you give it a religious component it becomes ''prayer''.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
1) god is not a puppet. I think he said as much at some point. So petitioning him isn't
something you can do, in some transactional way that we know how to do...
I understand what you're saying.
I would offer another way to look at God...other than a puppet;
a loving Father that wants his child happy.
So, if a child asks or 'petitions' for something...is it being a puppet to actually give to your child what they want, maybe
need and are asking their Dad for?

I would pose -
Why would a man like Jesus, a teacher - say 'Ask'...then believe and receive....or
Ask me anything and I will do it. John 14:14
Why would Isaiah say: How gracious he will be when you cry for help. As soon as he hears he will answer.
And there are so many more indications that as a Father with great riches...he will shower you with what you need...never
to worry about shelter or food ...
Matt 6:28 Consider the lilies of the field, they toil not...
On and on.
'You have not because you ask not'...somewhere in James

For me these are not lies or made up...I trusted these verse (was amazed by these verses when I picked up my first Bible in 2006)..
.and these and many, many more changed my life .
I put them to the test, (I mean I trusted and then practiced them), and my life changed immediately!!

Who knew!? Cast your cares, trust and be anxious for nothing worked!
A different take.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2023, 10:27 PM
Master

hi Miss Hepburn,

from my perspective, everything you said is very true...

I'm aware though that some of us have been driven to ask god, if he would step out of our lives for a time. That is not something that lasts for ever, but when it does happen we don't 'remember' that we've done that or why, and we want it to be the way we remember from other times and that you and others freely have, where god just answers us. The difference between what we think we *should* have and the thing we actually *have* is very disorienting....

so there can be a lot of mental gymnastics going on as we learn to cope with the situation.... and a lot of bad behavior on our part as we try to get back what we think we have lost but should have....
Old 06-11-2023, 10:45 AM
Master
I speak to my Angel's / Guides / Higher Self all the time as my best friends, which they are - IMO if you want to put your hands together in prayer to speak to them about something important, I don't see a problem in that... Make sure you keep your energy vibrations, 'personal vibes' high - many times you just know something 'guidance' in the gut feeling... I was told mature trees have an Angel assigned to them by God if anyone needs to chat.

In recent years gone by - I'd ride my bike to lets say a half sized mature tree by the college - and I'd say, Angel I need a chat, and I would ride home 'just knowing something' what to do.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 06-11-2023, 06:10 PM
Experiencer
You can ask an Angel for help, and the Angel may or may not help. Especially if well, you are not in the same alignment. Maybe trying to ask from a Demon next. Just saying. And remember keep morality out of it, there will be good and bad in both.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:31 AM
Master
As AstralT said, the angelic might help or not.
It is up to, what many call, the higher self if it wants a certain experience or not.