Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-05-2023, 04:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thanks again. :)
Now, I'm going to google the I AM...cuz I had the idea that 'I Am' came from God when he appeared to Moses

I think the most famous use of that phrase is from cogito, ergo sum, (Latin: “I think, therefore I am) dictum coined by the French mathematician and philosopher René Descartes in his Discourse on Method (1637)

You are probably thinking of this:

Exodus 3:13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

In Exodus 3:14, appearing before Moses as a burning bush, God reveals his name referring to himself in Hebrew tongue as “Yahweh” (YHWH) which translates to “I am who I am.” The Church decided that God's name Yahweh needed to be replaced with the words “God” and “Lord.”
Old 22-05-2023, 05:12 AM
Master

Of the many Hebrew names for God that have been transliterated into the English language and used in Christian worship, El Shaddai is certainly among the best known. Literally, this name means “God Almighty,” and it is among the most frequently appearing names for God in the Bible

I sometimes think of God's name as El Shaddai because I used to listen to Amy Grants song El Shaddai a lot. She's a Christian singer.

El Shaddai
Song by Amy Grant
Some of the lyrics:

El shaddai, el shaddai
Erkamka na adonai (Erkamka na Adonai is based on Psalm 18:1 Adonai, "I love you, my Lord." )
We will praise and lift You high
El shaddai

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 22-05-2023 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Copyright issues, shortened lyrics
Old 22-05-2023, 05:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
In Exodus 3:14, appearing before Moses as a burning bush, God reveals his name referring to himself in Hebrew tongue as ”Yahweh” (YHWH) which translates to “I am who I am.” ...

That doesn't seem accurate: https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/3-14.htm
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-05-2023, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
pride gives birth to shame
And shame can give birth to pride
Old 22-05-2023, 07:16 AM
Master
Miss H.....if you think about it the term I Am is used everyday by every person on earth. Like " I am going shopping".

When that term is spelled out as I AM it seems to be someone shouting to me...I don't actually 'know' what the term means any more than anyone else.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-05-2023, 07:19 AM
Master
Eastern mystics use the term too. Like the book "I am that"....by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

Old 22-05-2023, 07:20 AM
Master
Plus several years ago there were many people on this forum who claimed they believed in I AM.

It is a term that cannot be avoided.

Old 22-05-2023, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Eastern mystics use the term too. Like the book "I am that"....by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

One of the best books I've read
Old 22-05-2023, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Miss H.....if you think about it the term I Am is used everyday by every person on earth. Like " I am going shopping

Its a term we use to describe the Human self.....Imo.
Old 22-05-2023, 08:39 AM
Master

Yes i agree Sky. It certainly is one of the best books that I have read as well. Highly recommend it.