Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-01-2023, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
How can it be explained that this, (the Resurrection), a crux of the Christian creed is being slowly whittled away by the seemingly growing belief among western religions of eastern philosophy's reincarnation/karma?

Error is quoting wrong person.
Old 29-01-2023, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
understanding reincarnation actually opened my eyes to a whole new realm of possibilities....
Reincarnation is not a Biblical teaching...
Old 29-01-2023, 08:57 PM
Molearner

Quote:
How can it be explained that this, (the Resurrection), a crux of the Christian creed is being slowly whittled away by the seemingly growing belief among western religions of eastern philosophy's reincarnation/karma?
Busby,

Perhaps a little bit of knowledge has become a dangerous thing ? Not so much knowledge as it is exposure to multiple possibilities. These possibilities seem to demand much discipline, perseverance and intellectual effort….in short dependent on works. It becomes a logical conclusion, in their minds, that multiple reincarnations might be required.

In contrast Christianity presents a simplistic approach. It is largely dependent on grace and mercy. Control is yielded to God and good works simply become an inevitable product of recognizing and accepting grace. This simplicity is hard to imagine because in this world we are conditioned to an approach of survival of the fittest. “Know the truth and the truth shall set you free” presents a paradox: the more choices one has results in less freedom…..one becomes a slave to deciding what choice to make. Choosing and surrendering to God eliminates this dilemma for the faithful. In short the ‘shiny object’ can blind us…….
Old 29-01-2023, 09:51 PM
Master
I don't think the dead are ever coming back least someone makes a big brake through and realizes God concrete style, being that we have no concrete evidence of God I think it would be near impossible to raise the dead.

If God was omnipotent then surely we would see many miracles from him even nowadays but that's not the happenings atm.

utopiandreamchild
Old 29-01-2023, 11:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild

If God was omnipotent then surely we would see many miracles from him even nowadays but that's not the happenings atm.

utopiandreamchild

Jesus—-My Kingdom is not of this world….

Whatever makes you think that this world is God’s kingdom ?
Old 30-01-2023, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Jesus—-My Kingdom is not of this world….

Whatever makes you think that this world is God’s kingdom ?

Well this world is the only evedence of existence we have, in biblical opinion exactly where is God's Kingdom?, within?.

utopiandreamchild
Old 30-01-2023, 07:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Busby,

In contrast Christianity presents a simplistic approach.

I hope you don't mean that we shouldn't ask too many questions.

It seems to me that you have underlined my point without actually answering my question.
The Resurrection states quite clearly that there will be a day of judgement when the sound of trumpets will awaken the dead. No room has been given in the Christian creed for multiple chances of attaining heaven - so my question still stands.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 30-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
exactly where is God's Kingdom?, within?.

It's interesting to me the word "Kingdom" is used in the bible there. It means the writer was living in a world where only kings had power. So he or she imagined God also to have a kingdom like a king. I don't think of God like a King. So many cruel Kings in history doing terrible things with their power.

About the resurrection verses reincarnation a few posted about, I don't see a conflict between the beliefs but that's just how I think lol. It's all the same thing to me. One is living a human life then they are not. Don't matter to me to put it into some belief system or to assign words to it. We are here then we are not, that's it. Jesus was here as a man, now he is not. Some details don't seem all that important to me.
Old 30-01-2023, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
How can it be explained that this, (the Resurrection), a crux of the Christian creed is being slowly whittled away

Mybe some have been reading 'Introduction to Christianity' in which Ratzinger (Pope Benedict) explicitly denies the resurrection of the body, who knows
Old 30-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Molearner

Quote:
No room has been given in the Christian creed for multiple chances of attaining heaven - so my question still stands.

I assume perhaps incorrectly that other philosophies provide a way to heaven ? For the ones that do not believe in God speaking of heaven would seem non-sensical. So Christians would conclude that heaven is not a destination for those that do not believe in God. However the raising of consciousness can be a goal for non-believers. Now these observations are made with the assumption that you are referring to others pursuing a disciplined path….ie….by their own effort.

In truth IMO others still have a chance. This chance is quite simply by the mercy of God. This overrides all else.