Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I must have gone to the same bible study. I have a hard time calling Jesus a sinner. Just feel blasphemous doing so. It is THROUGH him that my own sins are forgiven.

Blackraven
Bible study by whatever denomination is designed to persuade you to their way of thinking, every denomination has their own belief system, so what on earth is a Christian, and who's belief system is correct, this is where the arrogance comes alive.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Shim

Often confidence is mistaken for arrogance. That is having confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ. And once again all denominations agree to the central truths that are core to Christianity, they are the things that you have rejected in previous posts. And perhaps that confidence that they share in the Lord is mistaken as arrogance, perhaps you should try to understand them more and work it out?

I notice in previous post you say that Jesus Christ has never helped anyone, then you point towards yourself and call yourself the Christ. Then you point at others and tell them that they are the Christ. Then you point at the church and say that they have strayed, and then call yourself a Christian.

Have I cast a judgment, nope, just reminding and reviewing what has been said.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Often confidence is mistaken for arrogance. That is having confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ. And once again all denominations agree to the central truths that are core to Christianity, they are the things that you have rejected in previous posts. And perhaps that confidence that they share in the Lord is mistaken as arrogance, perhaps you should try to understand them more and work it out?

I notice in previous post you say that Jesus Christ has never helped anyone, then you point towards yourself and call yourself the Christ. Then you point at others and tell them that they are the Christ. Then you point at the church and say that they have strayed, and then call yourself a Christian.

Have I cast a judgment, nope, just reminding and reviewing what has been said.
What you have just reminded me of is worth nothing, I have never said that Christ hasn't helped anyone, I said Jesus the man, if anything good happens its through him not of him, Jesus said I can do nothing, when I point to my SELF as the Christ, I am not pointing to Robert, its within Robert that I point, its within you I point for that's where you'll find the Christ, yes we are all the Christ, that's why i point to all others, yes I point to the organised churches as not having the truth, no one has or owns the truth, you can only POINT to the truth, stop looking at me and look where I am pointing to.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
What you have just reminded me of is worth nothing, I have never said that Christ hasn't helped anyone, I said Jesus the man, if anything good happens its through him not of him, Jesus said I can do nothing, when I point to my SELF as the Christ, I am not pointing to Robert, its within Robert that I point, its within you I point for that's where you'll find the Christ, yes we are all the Christ, that's why i point to all others, yes I point to the organised churches as not having the truth, no one has or owns the truth, you can only POINT to the truth, stop looking at me and look where I am pointing to.

That's what Johns message was, and since there's nothing new here I'll listen and understand the message from the Church, and that is that John made himself a signpost pointing the way towards Jesus Christ.

A little bit of knowledge is dangerous, perhaps you need to make more billboards and point away from yourself even more.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
That's what Johns message was, and since there's nothing new here I'll listen and understand the message from the Church, and that is that John made himself a signpost pointing the way towards Jesus Christ.

A little bit of knowledge is dangerous, perhaps you need to make more billboards and point away from yourself even more.
Come on Shim I thought you would get it by now ????
Old 17-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Master
Actually if you don't see the Christ within you, then you are sinning, you are still ignorant of your true Being, your true Christ nature.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Romans 3:23 (New International Version, ©2011)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

By this very nature of this passage here. Does this not also mean then that Jesus had sinned?

Romans 3:23

No to the question, but for the rest of us by the very nature of a person passing from a state of ignorance of their divinity to a state of awareness of it proves that they are not God, and that they have fallen short of the glory of God.
Old 17-04-2011, 04:05 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Romans 3:23 (New International Version, ©2011)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

By this very nature of this passage here. Does this not also mean then that Jesus had sinned?

Does this not also mean that God His Father had sinned?

Taking is totally literally is nonsensical.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Romans 3:23

No to the question, but for the rest of us by the very nature of a person passing from a state of ignorance of their divinity to a state of awareness of it proves that they are not God, and that they have fallen short of the glory of God.

While it may be true that Jesus's soul, or spirit, may of been pure and not have a sin. The moment he took human form meant that he became ignorant, or had sin. For it says that humans have sin/ignorance. To say that he did not have sin, or become ignorant of his divinity would then change the context of this passage to only some have sin, or become ignorant of their divinity.
Old 17-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Dilchannan

We all are sinners. In our own minds. We are human, we stumble, we fail, we hurt ourselves and others, we feel remorse, guilt, sinful..

We create the sin in our own minds, feel bad for them and think we must be punished...We create our own hell.

Jesus tried to teach us different. God Loves all his Children....Heaven is within.

jmho

Peace