Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-07-2020, 02:33 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Why did Jesus die?

Why did his death have to be on the day it occurred?

What benefits did Jews immediately receive as a result of his death?

Jesus' death provided what hope for mankind?

The answers to these questions provide positive insight about Yahweh and his son.
Tell it big J!
Old 31-07-2020, 02:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
... so why are we all so angry and violent anyway?
Too much emotion, not enough intellect.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-07-2020, 07:23 AM
PureEvil760

There are none innocent which you can see, aside from babies.

Jesus did not specifically die for people's sins, that doesnt make any sense at all. He probably died to make the bible famous, in any case it was all planned out.. and he did not actually die he ascended because he had to to survive. He had a physical presence on earth long after that.. He probably actually died around 700-900 AD.. and even then he didnt die, he just would've shed his physical link to the earth due to age.

You can't pretend to know anything and be correct.

An ordinary human could ascend just like he did, but an ordinary person wouldn't be able to do it on command like he did.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:16 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Too much emotion, not enough intellect.
Well that really ****es me off!!!
Someone should be punished for that!
Where is that J man?
Old 31-07-2020, 11:31 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil760
There are none innocent which you can see, aside from babies.

Jesus did not specifically die for people's sins, that doesnt make any sense at all. He probably died to make the bible famous, in any case it was all planned out.. and he did not actually die he ascended because he had to to survive. He had a physical presence on earth long after that.. He probably actually died around 700-900 AD.. and even then he didnt die, he just would've shed his physical link to the earth due to age.

You can't pretend to know anything and be correct.

An ordinary human could ascend just like he did, but an ordinary person wouldn't be able to do it on command like he did.

Interesting, sounds like you know quite a bit about it.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:57 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
I like you moral rejection of Jesus dying for us.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRN...layer_embedded

Regards
DL

Did I reject the notion of Jesus dying for us? All that I rejected was the notion that our punishment was borne by Him. And that punishment is mandatory.

The load is lightened as soon the burden of sin is removed from the shoulder. The joy of love is available for the taking as soon as we love. Love without fear.

He hung for us. To show us the way. To be our light. The need was for ours. Not God's. Could He have walked for us, fished for us? I think possibly not. That is why He taught us to walk, to fish. The walking and fishing we have to do.

--

Allan who? I see innumerable fools and frauds. I do not care for one more.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:02 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation123
Did I reject the notion of Jesus dying for us? All that I rejected was the notion that our punishment was borne by Him. And that punishment is mandatory.

The load is lightened as soon the burden of sin is removed from the shoulder. The joy of love is available for the taking as soon as we love. Love without fear.

He hung for us. To show us the way. To be our light. The need was for ours. Not God's. Could He have walked for us, fished for us? I think possibly not. That is why He taught us to walk, to fish. The walking and fishing we have to do.

--

Allan who? I see innumerable fools and frauds. I do not care for one more.
I like to go for walks. I also do enjoy fishing. I am practically one of the twelve apostles.
Don't know why people talk about all this in terms of bearing ones cross. It seems like just a walk in the park to me.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:15 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I like to go for walks. I also do enjoy fishing. I am practically one of the twelve apostles.
Don't know why people talk about all this in terms of bearing ones cross. It seems like just a walk in the park to me.

His cross is supposed to be light. Maybe you have exchanged your cross with His as we are supposed to.

We do not have to bear a heavy cross. People talking of bearing a heavy cross do not know the lighter cross.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
1. What we seek is immediate gratification rather than relying on sound principles.

2. We confuse some of the means of happiness as the ends.

3. we are not confident that we could be happy (the ends) without these material world means. We do not have that courage and clarity that the ends is not dependent on these material means.

4. We make Assumptions. That the Bible is the word of God are something like it.

5. I have sought maniacally.

Gnostic Christians: In real Christianity, there is no this Christian, that Christian for it is one body. Gnostic Christians are fools. Are you missing the rock, the foundation in the main Gospels. You miss the camels here and go straining for gnats.

Are you interested in your body being full of light or Spiritual Light. All that means IMO is focus. Focus on Spirituality. Principles of wisdom, love, courage, truth and their derivatives.

John 14:23: Is that different from what I wrote.

Romans 8:29: Shun it. like plague. Do not speculate. Do not indulge in theologies.Do not split hairs. Focus on living His teaching.

Thanks for this.

As long as you moral sense has you rejecting the sacrifice lie, the encounter was worthy.

Regards
DL
Old 02-08-2020, 08:36 PM
ketzer

Color

Quote:
His cross is supposed to be light. Maybe you have exchanged your cross with His as we are supposed to.

We do not have to bear a heavy cross. People talking of bearing a heavy cross do not know the lighter cross.

Don't know much about that! I think I would rather exchange it for pair of lightweight hip boots with felt bottoms, a 9 foot graphite fly rod, and a few nymph patterns. Then I could walk and fish at the same time. Now that is communing with God.