Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
As with anything truly spiritual . . . free will is a paradox. In other words . . . we all have free will . . . and yet we do not.
Life in these psychic worlds is one of habit . . . and we ARE a creature of habit. We are taught that from birth . . . and it is fostered from lifetime to lifetime.
Choice . . . is an aspect of free will
I believe the spirit of this thread's title question was: are our lives predestined or not.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-08-2019, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hello???... aren't you a little late to the party. Will is short for Willy, and he was freed years ago.

Then we should forget about Will and start thinking about whether or not we really want to free ourselves.
Old 22-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Then I guess the rules change when the Spiritual label is used.

Well when you think about it, if one's subconcious is taking over...then they are consciously allowing it.
Old 23-08-2019, 12:30 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Then we should forget about Will and start thinking about whether or not we really want to free ourselves.
Should have thought about that before I got arrested for freeing Willy.
Old 23-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
We are the ones we have been waiting for.
Old 23-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Well when you think about it, if one's subconcious is taking over...then they are consciously allowing it.
Or rather the conscious mind thinks that they are allowing it, when really it's all be done and dusted long before the conscious mind has any awareness of it. By that time it's too late and the person thinks that it came from their conscious mind all along.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Free will is a joke. We are enslaved by both time and fate.
Old 23-08-2019, 11:18 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Free will is a joke. We are enslaved by both time and fate.
What makes you say that?
Old 23-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What makes you say that?

Because some people are destined to shine, while others are destined to be failures and outcasts, no matter how much they try to change that. It's the same thing in the animal kingdom, some animals are born on top of the food chain, while other animals are meant to be nothing more but food for the upper classes. And utlimately, time and fate work side by side. Time doesn't change anything, neither does fate. Time keeps us trapped and enslaved in an endless loop until it's time for the reaper to show up.
Old 23-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Master
I loved the following excerpt from your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

We are more predictable then most people believe.
I was once investigating spontaneity and unpredictability when it was suggested that I observe my thoughts and images directly before an act that I considered "spontaneous". I quickly discovered that my "spontaneous" acts were far more predictable than I had imagined.