Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2019, 06:40 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Now where did I hear this ... yes, The Matrix : ‘there is a difference between knowing the path and actually walking the path’ or words to that effect

Yet this being early days ... affirmations, validations are reassuring as are channelled messages from the masters

Wise words from the Matrix...

And fair points, thanks.
Old 18-05-2019, 06:43 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
It's very difficult to describe the feeling with words

Indeed..yuppers..
Old 18-05-2019, 06:44 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Does "reading about it" help anyone?

I have listened to him on YouTube a bit.
I think it is like many other things. If something seems like it could be considered, practiced or used,
then walk with it and see if it has value after walking with it.
If you don't value it, put it with those things you don't value.

I do Love the Now.
I do like the fact that he laughs (which is medicine) even if he's laughing all the way to the bank.
I also believe many people that live in their past and future thoughts/stories could benefit from his teachings of prioritizing
the present moment as our true place in existence and become open to the flow of this moment, since it is life.
And many others teach similar things.

If we Divinely Love now forever, what a ride that would BE.

Thanks, I appreciate these opinions and thoughts - they help me understand a little more.

JL
Old 18-05-2019, 06:44 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I read his first book. I believe he may reach some but not me. I just don't learn that way.

Thanks....
Old 18-05-2019, 06:46 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by django

Unhappiness was still able to be reignited, his answer was to reaffirm his mental decision to disidentify again.

Anatta....it's not a game; it's a lifelong commitment and recognition of where the real heart lives.
Old 18-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Master
One thing that i like from these teachings,is that they don't point at happiness,white light etc.
They adress the one who's experiencing the experiences.

Also as he says,everytime we do something we do it now,so the now becomes the only and real point of everything that happens.
Even when you think about the future or the past,you're doing it now.

Truly i can't find even a single line from his books that i could say that i disagree.
Old 18-05-2019, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
No problem to explain it here.
I'm not sure how dreams and functions of the subconsious mind are related with tolle's teachings,but i'm always open to learn.

Ok.

Quote:
Then i saw something like dungeons.They were kids inside them,and as i was looking them with sadness,i recognize in one of them my own self,or a part of me.

These 'kids' are what are locked inside you, the pure spontaneous natural and emotional part of you, like how you felt when you were very young. This part of you has been put away in the deepest recesses of yourself by this practice of disengaging from your pain and feelings and walking away from them and ignoring them.

A dream like this is a call from the subconscious to try and get your attention, to remind you that this part of you still exists, and that it needs to escape the deep place within you that you have locked it. This child-like nature is released by giving it attention and nurturing it, like if you came across a child in the real world who had been locked in a cold dark place, you would hold it and warm it and nurture it and listen to how it feels about its experience. The dream is showing you what you need to do, that is, release this aspect of yourself from the dungeon deep within you.

You'll never be fully you if you don't integrate all the parts of yourself.

If you listen to your dreams you'll find that they're all telling you a story about the truth within you that you're not currently consciously aware of. Of course it's up to you whether you listen, or whether you stay with disidentification.
Old 18-05-2019, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Anatta....it's not a game; it's a lifelong commitment and recognition of where the real heart lives.

If you set out to look for anatta you are in danger of finding spiritual bypassing.

Quote:
Any spiritual path, Eastern or Western, that does not deal in real depth with psychological issues, and deal with these in more than just spiritual contexts, is setting itself up for an abundance of spiritual bypassing.

Spiritual bypassing is commonly occupied by the idea of wholeness and the innate unity of Being—“Oneness” being perhaps its favorite bumper sticker—but actually generates and reinforces fragmentation by separating out from and rejecting what is painful, distressed, and unhealed; all the far-from-flattering aspects of being human. By consistently keeping these in the dark, “down below” (when we’re locked into our headquarters, our body and feelings seem to be below us), they tend to behave badly when let out, much like animals that have spent too long in cages.

Our neglect here of these aspects of ourselves, however gently framed, is akin to that of otherwise caring parents who leave their children without sufficient food, clothing, or care.

The trappings of spiritual bypassing can look good, particularly when they seem to promise freedom from life’s fuss and fury, but this supposed serenity and detachment is often little more than metaphysical valium, especially for those who have made too much of a virtue out of being and looking positive.

https://robertmasters.com/2013/04/29...ual-bypassing/

Quote:
"When we are spiritually bypassing, we often use the goal of awakening or liberation to rationalize what I call premature transcendence: trying to rise above the raw and messy side of our humanness before we have fully faced and made peace with it," John Welwood
Old 19-05-2019, 04:18 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
If you set out to look for anatta you are in danger of finding spiritual bypassing.

I don't see it this way, and the way you state it suggests to me that you have a concept about it, which doesn't match the reality of things pointed to.

JL
Old 19-05-2019, 05:28 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Because this guy is so famous, I picked up one of his pieces and started reading it today.

Watch the thinker, and all will be revealed? Does his stuff actually bring anyone to self realization? Given that he became enlightened without this technique, does he believe this is the guidance to share with others?

JL

PS I'm not disagreeing with him either, but honestly curious if "reading about it" helps anyone

Initially I wasn't drawn to Eckhart's teaching for some reason. Maybe because I misinterpreted the message as avoiding thinking about past/future - when actually it's more about being present and accepting of everything that's happening both internally and externally. There are many other teachers that speak of the value of non-resistance to *what is* too.

Anyway, lately I've been watching a few of his youtube videos and I must say I've really been enjoying his subtle humor and wise words. I do believe he's genuinely enlightened but such near-instant awakenings are obviously extremely rare.

Hard to say how many have been helped by his teachings - and to what degree, but his wife Kim Eng seems like a powerful testimony.
Closed Thread