Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stworldview8

Conclusion, the best revenge is when you improve your life so well that she
realizes she made a big mistake. And satisfaction comes when you meet
someone so much better, you are glad the ex is gone. After all, if you are
seeking revenge, how great could she really have been in the first place!

That can always backfire in so many ways. I get the sense that many do similar. Like pretending to be happy and moving on in hopes that their ex would feel worse or jealous while the pretender is still hurting on the inside. Kinda childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me
some people deserve revenge though lol

Yes, as long as you don't go too far with it. Even wanting "justice" can be the same as wanting revenge.
Old 29-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really!
I agree to disagree w/you ...

Besides, this is way off topic & I don't appreciate being slapped on the face from the get go. I don't know you, but what I do know now is you provided yourself w/an unacceptable advantage by unfairly leading me in when asking what I thought psychologists to dismiss me ...

Dismiss you? No. Why?
No problem with agreeing to disagree but the predicate that you haven't mentioned must have said something, surely? It wasn't a mind-game.

I was curious about why a popular psychological article was linked, one that opened with a factoid.

Plus, you responded while I was still editing my post. I said I was in a footnote. That felt a bit dismissive.

However, let's leave it. I'll exit this topic.

Old 30-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Master

i think somewhere on this thread it was said, if you are nice to people you are a doormat.

I came back to this because I've also found, when I'm NOT nice to people I get called all sorts of names.

So I really don't know which I should be, a doormat, or get called names. Can someone enlighten me?
Old 30-12-2016, 04:35 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i think somewhere on this thread it was said, if you are nice to people you are a doormat.

I came back to this because I've also found, when I'm NOT nice to people I get called all sorts of names.

So I really don't know which I should be, a doormat, or get called names. Can someone enlighten me?

It is possible to be nice to people without being a doormat. I was only trying to say that revenge is in my opinion a waste of time and energy. I keep away from all of my exes and I imagine that they're getting on with their lives the same as I'm getting on with mine.
Greed, hatred and delusion are the 3 poisons of our world and I'd imagine that revenge is a form of hatred.
Old 30-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
How drole....

If you're still equating ego with nasty and immature I pity those in your life...
But that's your business not mine. It isn't in my nature to be insulting, so I won't tell you what I think of your rant.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?

PS post # 4444. It's a si-i-ignnn!
I thought the forums were a place to share and exchange views and opinions. That's why I -and I gather most people- are here. Apparently you feel it's okay to get nasty and condescending when someone has a different view or a view you don't understand (yet).
I don't mind someone asking questions or not agreeing with me. I do not like to be slagged off.
Old 30-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I thought the forums were a place to share and exchange views and opinions. That's why I -and I gather most people- are here. Apparently you feel it's okay to get nasty and condescending when someone has a different view or a view you don't understand (yet).
I don't mind someone asking questions or not agreeing with me. I do not like to be slagged off.

I know right? You shouldn't put up with that. I think you should get even. Like talk about her mom or something like that. j/k
Old 30-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Experiencer
I do not get a feeling, that OP found peace and feeling good in his revenge. His post sounds very defensive and full of hurt no matter what he tries to prove. It is because revenge is just one step above powerlessness, although it surely feels better.
Old 31-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I know right? You shouldn't put up with that. I think you should get even. Like talk about her mom or something like that. j/k

Hah!

Well, I intended to leave this topic but here I am back to join the fray.

Unfortunately Fairy omitted to mention that she was very rude about my viewpoint. As it's a public forum I could have retaliated, yeah, avenged in kind but refrained. Her latter tirade didn't inspire a response. She needs to remove the beam from her own eye before trying to remove the mote from mine!

Old 31-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Master
What is an ego? I don't even know but I think mine died. I kind of resent that as a conscious thinking subject, but at least my self-esteem is intact.

I had to look up the definition of ego. There are several. I personally don't clearly understand what an ego is.

I looked up the definition of spirituality and it says, the quality or state of being spiritual. That simply raises more questions.

I looked up spirit. It is an alcoholic solution of a volatile substance.
Old 31-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
I looked up spirit. It is an alcoholic solution of a volatile substance.

well wasnt there a saying, one should be drunk with the spirit?