Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-11-2016, 03:19 AM
Guide
You can only see in others how much you have seen in yourself - everything else is imperceivable because you've never acknowledge it.

For example:
I broke up with my past gf of three years and blamed it all on her manipulations for many months. But as I kept breaking through all of the behavioral patterns and ideologies I was working from within the relationship, I see many internal flaws and I perceive her actions as reactions to mine - coming from a place of innocence.
Old 20-11-2016, 05:18 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
You literally said "repent for our sins"

Not a big deal. I said, 'I don't remember', which is correct because I didn't re-read what I posted. It is irrelevant, as it doesn't change my question to you and has no bearing on your judgement. Thank you for making me aware of this though, memory isn't my strongest area, due to I am juggling a lot of things in my reality.

Quote:
In your previous post you stated that we shouldn't resist change, rather, we should resist temptation. What is the difference between the two in your perspective?

Irrelevant.

Quote:
It's disheartening that you had shot down khallianen's perspective. Regardless if someone is 'right' or 'wrong', one of a spiritual understanding should always move along the other to seeing when they are reaching their hand for growth.

Words have no power. You are the one that creates all effects my dear. A outcome may be disheartening to one that is enlightenment to another. It is only ego to believe that you or anyone has the right to determine anything. You choose your own reality, it is up to others to pick theirs.

Quote:
- The act of pushing others away - disrespecting them, getting angry with them, slighting them - all stems from a place inside of you that is lacking love. Because it is those acts that you do to validate yourself from a world outside of you. When you come from this angle, you are coming from a place where you do not have love for self.. You objectify others to take it from them.

A wise man once said that it takes one to know one, or better quoted from a wise man below:

Quote:
You can only see in others how much you have seen in yourself - everything else is imperceivable because you've never acknowledge it.

So based around this, if everything that you stated is possibly true about me, and it just might be, then how about you?

Quote:
This may sound harsh, but I do not mean it so. I mean it truthfully, I mean it from wisdom of a past that I speak of within me, a past that I help guide others out of... As well, from this stance, it seems as though you and khallianen are both questioning the same thing - so if anything, it would have been to question their thinking rather then nod them off, that would have caused you to converse over your difficulties and learn new things together.

No Alice, it does not sound harsh at all. What I do find interesting is you side swiped all of my questions and decided to analyze me from your own cynicism, you attacked my character from your own negative fabrication, and attempted to cast yourself inside what you deemed as a higher moral perspective. I know a lot of about myself, do you know thyself? You are welcome to attempt to tear me down, just I wouldn't recommend to do that to others. You are better then that, an angel, let us low entities act like that. Be aspiring, you aren't quite ready to play with fire yet, those words of evil, don't suit you, but don't let my opinion stop you. ^_^

Quoted from you, this may sound harsh, but hopefully with respect, you are no guide of mine, at least not presently. Alas, you are to much of an angel for me. I am a mere poor lowly being. I found your original post good though, well done. It is wise not to venture to far from your own path though. Kudos. Not everyone is Alice. Continue to aspire me and everyone else you.
Old 20-11-2016, 05:38 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I might as well see what a sinner I am and at least try to accept that I have problems that I don't know how to resolve.

If you ask me, you're the one on an interesting path. Good thing you didn't.
Old 20-11-2016, 05:53 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Should I close my eyes and not look, so that I don't see others doing what they say they aren't doing?

Who is anyone to say that they aren't. Everyone has different viewpoints, it is up to you however to determine if you want to lower yourself to there level or not. That choice is yours.
Old 21-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Who is anyone to say that they aren't. Everyone has different viewpoints, it is up to you however to determine if you want to lower yourself to there level or not. That choice is yours.

actually I'm already way low... been pushed down. What I see I generally see by looking up, not down. Honestly, to me the sky doesn't seem as pretty as people say they find it. There seem to be an awful lot of traps for the unwary... but like you say, to each his own.
Old 21-11-2016, 04:52 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
actually I'm already way low... been pushed down. What I see I generally see by looking up, not down. Honestly, to me the sky doesn't seem as pretty as people say they find it. There seem to be an awful lot of traps for the unwary... but like you say, to each his own.

Want to know something interesting? In space, there is no up and down, no left or right. There is no sense of direction. One could say that, by ones own standard, they are indeed way down, as they would tell you, wholeheartedly, and by truth on all accord, and yet by another, who should happen to observe the same so called observable event that should happen, this so called truth, they would go against all odds and believe, a belief so powerful, that to them, and only them, the opposite truth would ring true.

Only one thing is certain. It is perspective that changes. And it is through that change that new possibilities exist. Perhaps what you need isn't to be brought up, but to be brought down even further. Perhaps what you will find is something not to be feared, but something to be cherished.
Old 22-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Want to know something interesting? In space, there is no up and down, no left or right. There is no sense of direction. One could say that, by ones own standard, they are indeed way down, as they would tell you, wholeheartedly, and by truth on all accord, and yet by another, who should happen to observe the same so called observable event that should happen, this so called truth, they would go against all odds and believe, a belief so powerful, that to them, and only them, the opposite truth would ring true.

Only one thing is certain. It is perspective that changes. And it is through that change that new possibilities exist. Perhaps what you need isn't to be brought up, but to be brought down even further. Perhaps what you will find is something not to be feared, but something to be cherished.

if your maps don't go beyond 3D, or your definition of 'up' and 'down' is heavily tied into gravitational pulls rather than other meanings, sure it is easy to look at it and on the surface all directions in space seem the same.

As far as perspective very true. And you seem to be implicitly referencing the idea that at hart we don't sense absolutes, we sense differences between things. Then we pick a reference point and call everything 'absolute' in relation to the reference. But eventually we get tired of what we are looking at, and pick a new reference point... hence a new perspective.

Also we aren't very objective about our maps, I'm afraid. We go to a lot of effort to draw maps we want and throw out maps we don't, so much so that we will try to enforce our liked maps on others and try to throw out their disliked ones. Hence wars and enmity between different beliefs.

All this makes it difficult to place a 'you are here' marker on a map and actually know what you are talking about.

But no longer think that is a good thing to do anyway.
---------------------------------------------------
I think I knew the beauty I'd find here. I'm not sorry I came.