Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Master

Any mission he may have had didn't last very long. If you add all the hours together where he appears in the Bible it will be seen that circa 70 hours of his life just about covers his mission to the human race.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 29-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Any mission he may have had didn't last very long. If you add all the hours together where he appears in the Bible it will be seen that circa 70 hours of his life just about covers his mission to the human race.
If you sit back and think about it some more, you might ask

"How many millenniums cover the existing life span of Jesus and his pre-human existence."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you sit back and think about it some more, you might ask
"How many millenniums cover the existing life span of Jesus and his pre-human existence."
That's just a hook to hang your hat on. It's the pudding that counts.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 30-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

It does not take long for a stationary butterfly to take flight, nor for a frog to jump into a pond, yet both actions may begin, or may themselves already be part of, chains of consequence which will reach across both time and space.

petex
Old 30-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.

It does not take long for a stationary butterfly to take flight, nor for a frog to jump into a pond, yet both actions may begin, or may themselves already be part of, chains of consequence which will reach across both time and space.

petex
Methinks you miss the fact (methinks it is a fact ) that Busby's minimizing Jesus's mission time (in terms of hours) was his way of saying that Jesus's psychospiritual accomplishments/effects themselves were 'no big deal' - a 'sniping' from the sidelines 'put down'!

Last edited by davidsun : 31-10-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 31-10-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Methinks you miss the fact (methinks it is a fact ) that Busby's minimizing mission time (in terms of hours) was his way of saying that Jesus's psychospiritual accomplishments/effects themselves were 'no big deal' - a 'sniping' from the sidelines 'put down'!
If you include Jesus' pre-human existence, he has existed longer than any of creation.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yah, maan!

title translates as The Song of God, by the way) which was composed several centuries before Jesus appeared on the world stage:

Constant yearning for the knowledge of Self, and pondering over the lessons of the great Truth – this is Wisdom, all else ignorance. I will speak to thee now of that great Truth which man ought to know, since by its means he will win immortal bliss – that which is without beginning, the Eternal Spirit which dwells in Me, neither with form, nor yet without it. Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all. Beyond the senses, It yet shines through every sense perception. Bound to nothing, It yet sustains everything. Unaffected by the Qualities, It still enjoys them all. It is within all beings, yet outside; motionless yet moving; too subtle to be perceived; far away yet always near. In all beings undivided, yet living in division, It is the upholder of all, Creator and Destroyer alike; It is the Light of lights, beyond the reach of darkness; the Wisdom, the only thing that is worth knowing or that wisdom can teach; the Presence in the hearts of all. Thus I have told thee in brief what Matter is, and the Self worth realizing and what is Wisdom. He who is devoted to Me knows; and assuredly he will enter into Me.”[/size][/indent]

I've just discovered this davidsun:

It makes my heart sing. Cosmic consciousness utterly defined.

- Mark Twain.
Old 31-10-2019, 05:03 PM
hazada guess

Busby................What a brilliant passage.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Ascender

Hello davidsun.

Re your post 35. I hope you will not be offended if I correct you concerning your opening assertion, for on the contrary, the inference was immediately understood.

petex
Old 01-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello davidsun.

Re your post 35. I hope you will not be offended if I correct you concerning your opening assertion, for on the contrary, the inference was immediately understood.

petex
Glad to hear that. I 'read' your "It does not take long for a stationary butterfly to take flight, ..." etc. response as indicating that you took his assertion that Jesus's mission was no more than a "70 hour" gambit at face value. My mistake.