Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Summerlander

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
I've had this once while waking up from a dream. I couldn't move my body and I seemed slightly above it, but in the same position. Everything seemed a blue color.

It's funny you mention this because the first time I had this type of experience, things seemed unusually blue. Other times vision was very much unlike the mirage-like quality of 2nd phase. It was as though I was underwater and had goggles on (other occasions) whereby distant objects were hazy but nearby ones were highly defined.

Movement tends to differ in 1st phase too. Often it is like we move gradually into frames of space (like mini-teleports) as though we can't quite pinpoint where we are going to be as we hover. Manoueuvring the self in this state can be difficult but eventually it starts to become more fluid. One can also gradually enter 2nd phase from a 1st phase...(as though 2nd phase is more natural for us).

One may experience confusing overlaps of focus too. I'm glad more people have made more distinctions between the two types of OOBEs. Thanks for sharing that tragblack!
Old 19-03-2011, 07:31 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
It's funny you mention this because the first time I had this type of experience, things seemed unusually blue.

Perception of ether/ orgone/ chi/ prana? Ether and orgone are often described as blue...

Quote:
Other times vision was very much unlike the mirage-like quality of 2nd phase. It was as though I was underwater and had goggles on (other occasions) whereby distant objects were hazy but nearby ones were highly defined.

I think I have had this too. It happens when I am in dreams, but it feels like my vision is not working correctly and I am stumbling all over. Seeing two different things at once and stuff. I always figured it was me trying to open my eyes while dreaming.

Quote:
One may experience confusing overlaps of focus too... Thanks for sharing that tragblack!

No problem.
Old 19-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Experiencer
Here is another good link for all those interested on the topic: http://focus-4.es.tl/
Old 19-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Experiencer
Had some great fun with the Phasing capability last night. Several times I was able to have awareness and clarity. It was wonderful! Each time I noted my various perceptions including my thoughts.

I am still using 'Noticing' as my primary method but I will start working on the Hemi-Sync method with Frank's Gateway Waves for further expansion. This Phasing is totally cool and I am getting much more out of all this than ever before!

There is also a free Guidebook by: Michael Raduga www.obe4u.com that also looks very promising too!
Old 19-03-2011, 08:01 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
Here is another good link for all those interested on the topic: http://focus-4.es.tl/

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
There is also a free Guidebook by: Michael Raduga www.obe4u.com that also looks very promising too!

And thanks
Old 20-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

I've 5-starred this thread so as to help draw more attention to this practice of Phasing. Peace.
Old 20-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Guide
Quote:
I am starting to "Notice" a lot better now! Every night, in at least one of my dreams, I am realizing, subtly that I am dreaming. However, I don't really have the control to act on it yet. I can just "Notice" a lot!
Noticing is the act you do BEFORE falling asleep that helps you to remain conscious. Once you fall asleep and being dreaming, you're already "out" of your body.

Quote:
Falling asleep or awake-- if one is conscious and manages to go out of body what's the difference?
There is no difference. Your body can be awake or asleep. It's your conscious mind that you need to train to remain consciously aware during the transition that is the goal.
Old 20-03-2011, 07:45 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
Noticing is the act you do BEFORE falling asleep that helps you to remain conscious.

When I refer to "noticing" after the first stage, I mean that I am simply noticing that I am dreaming, yet somehow not quite lucid.
Old 20-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Guide
Quote:
When I refer to "noticing" after the first stage, I mean that I am simply noticing that I am dreaming, yet somehow not quite lucid.
I get what you mean now. It's a base amount of consciousness, not lucidity. You require a small amount of conscious awareness before you begin to experience the dream "as it's happening". Otherwise, you wouldn't have any direct memory of it upon waking.

The problem is that at this point you have what I call a "dream awareness"... meaning you don't realize you're dreaming and you're just going along with the scenario as if it was your physical life. The trick is to then try and find a trigger to make you realize that "hey, I am dreaming!"

That would be the point which you then become "lucidly aware". :)
Then from there you can increase that awareness to an astral level.

But until that point, it's just a normal dream that you happen to be experiencing as it's going on.
Old 21-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
I get what you mean now. It's a base amount of consciousness, not lucidity. You require a small amount of conscious awareness before you begin to experience the dream "as it's happening". Otherwise, you wouldn't have any direct memory of it upon waking.

The problem is that at this point you have what I call a "dream awareness"... meaning you don't realize you're dreaming and you're just going along with the scenario as if it was your physical life. The trick is to then try and find a trigger to make you realize that "hey, I am dreaming!"

That would be the point which you then become "lucidly aware". :)
Then from there you can increase that awareness to an astral level.

But until that point, it's just a normal dream that you happen to be experiencing as it's going on.

Do you have any good techniques or mechanisms to suggest as "triggers" (as you call them) to bridge the gap from a regular dream to a lucid dream? Thanks!