Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-07-2021, 02:31 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor
None if you ask me. Spirituality is just a man-made concept consisting of guidelines on how to live one's life. Pretty much like any religion.

Spirituality is not a religion and it has no one set of guiding principles. However, some mix up spirituality with religion and spiritism. I think spirituality is an individual thing, rather than something orthodox; it is what one makes it.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Wildstar
Spirituality is not a religion and it has no one set of guiding principles. However, some mix up spirituality with religion and spiritism. I think spirituality is an individual thing, rather than something orthodox; it is what one makes it.
Am curious. When people say ........ it has no one set of guiding principles..... would it be more proper and accurate to say it has no one set of human guiding principles which are often arbitrary at best. All systems are similar as any (other) leader (guided) based model. What is being pointed to, human guided principles versus spiritual guided principles.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
What is the point of spirituality in your opinion?
My own personal and personality is I see the benefit, beauty, and freedom, even truth I suppose, of what I seek. Spirituality provides many answers and many times spirituality often agrees with all systems, but up to a point. I think many are driven to spirituality. Spirituality is much like a conversion.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Am curious. When people say ........ it has no one set of guiding principles..... would it be more proper and accurate to say it has no one set of human guiding principles which are often arbitrary at best. All systems are similar as any (other) leader (guided) based model. What is being pointed to, human guided principles versus spiritual guided principles.

Spirituality is a term which can define loosely a number of practices and beliefs.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71
I think most people need religion in some form as guidance in life that would for them be meaningless otherwise. We all want for our lives to have meaning and purpose and religion is the most common form of expressing this need. "Spirituality" is just new age substitute for religions that are becoming redundant in modern life because of its eclectic nature.
Is spirituality just a new age substitute for redundant religions? Religions come and go but there have always been those who are truly spiritual.

Religions tend to focus on the teachings of a particular individual, usually dead. These teachings provide moral guidelines, some idea of an external God with instructions on how to pray to this God, and some promises about the after-life. These teachings usually require priests to act as intermediaries between the individual and the Divine, and it all takes place within an organised structure.

Spirituality is not about organised structures and priests as intermediaries between us and the Divine. Spirituality is more about looking within ourselves to discover our own true nature, our own spark of Divinity. Spirituality is less concerned with faith and more concerned with knowledge. Spirituality may take its inspiration from many teachings and practices.

We may say that religions are redundant yet there are still billions of people following some form of religion. But at the same time, there are increasing numbers of people who want more than is offered by religion. Perhaps there are many old souls taking physical incarnation at this time, and these old souls left religion behind a long time ago.

Peace
Old 06-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
hey everyone :)

Thanks for your help
Haile Selassie said it best -

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence.

Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors.

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality.

Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle.

Spirituality is not theology or ideology.
It is simple a way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high.

Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and each other."
Old 06-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Spirituality to me,

Waking up.

A search for more meaning to life,

Learning,knowledge,evolving-the journey,not the destination.

Redemption from the suffering of duality.

Free from all attachments and addictions.

Non conforming and non partaking and contributing to this duality system.

Exiting the system and beating life to the tune of your own drum.

I like this a lot, thank you x
Old 06-07-2021, 05:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Being a spiritual warrior is important. Strength and a warrior spirit is required. The world is full of weak beings, engrossed in trying to sink people down to their level into their **. Being strong, self assured and true to yourself and all around you is the key. Being tough in the midst of adversity and having an IDGAF attitude is very important.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:50 AM
Master
I guess it depends on how its defined and what the person's goal is. I think a lot of times people are looking to better themselves or enhance their image as oppose to mature and grow as a person. Being a better person isn't the same as growth. If anything growth may point you in the opposite direction. But spiritual practices can be used for both. All depends on what you're really seeking. That's a good place to start.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
That's probably THE Spiritual question.