Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Cano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Cano, I think the mark of the beast is just some silly thing somebody wrote once and other people used for reasons of propaganda.

If there are beasts (read unenlightened animal instincts) they are things like one's own greed, lust, jealousies, angers and such. The battle of the Spirit forces is within the self, I think. I don't think that really has anything to do with money or other barter and exchange devices, though.

I agree, when we will have overcome the predominance of our animal instincts with the spirit, we will have overcome "the mark of the beast".

Most all of us don’t overcome this “mark” in the life in the flesh rather we pick up where we left off in heaven. I think John the revelator was given a glimpse of that graduation ceremony occuring amoung a class of perfected survivors.

Cano
Old 26-01-2012, 04:33 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Cano, I think the mark of the beast is just some silly thing somebody wrote once and other people used for reasons of propaganda.

If there are beasts (read unenlightened animal instincts) they are things like one's own greed, lust, jealousies, angers and such. The battle of the Spirit forces is within the self, I think. I don't think that really has anything to do with money or other barter and exchange devices, though.

Mayflow, the prophecy says ''and he causes all to receive a mark in their right hand or in their forehead, without which no man can buy or sell''.

Why is it that the most clear obvious thing about this prophecy, i.e. it's relation to money and materialism, is so hard for people to see/accept?

You say you don't think it really has anything to do with money, but where do you get that from? And why aren't you reading what it actually says?

I do agree with you that greed, lust, hatred, etc, are battles within ourselves. However, I think this prophecy highlights the great spiritual probel, i.e. people love and have faith in money than they do in God and love.

There will come a time when we will have to choose which we have faith in, and we will show it by our actions.
Old 26-01-2012, 04:36 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cano
I agree, when we will have overcome the predominance of our animal instincts with the spirit, we will have overcome "the mark of the beast".

Most all of us don’t overcome this “mark” in the life in the flesh rather we pick up where we left off in heaven. I think John the revelator was given a glimpse of that graduation ceremony occuring amoung a class of perfected survivors.

Cano

The mark of the beast is not all about our animal instincts. Like I shared with Mayflow, the Mark of the beast is clearly about buying and selling.

Again, why the effort to overlook the obvious? Is it perhaps because the obvious is uncomfortable?

It's just irrational when people choose to deny what the prophecy actually says about itself, especially when one sees it in light of Jesus' teachings about not being able to serve two masters.
Old 26-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Dilchannan

What is highest in our list of priorities today? The quest for money, or the quest to learn more about our Lord and Savior, our Heavenly Father, God the Creator? I think that is the easiest question to ask ourselves. Where do we place God in our Lives?

We choose, we take the Mark or we do not.

Jesus teaches us that we must use our God given gift of discernment, and to read the Bible, interpreting it within, through the help of the Holy Spirit. So I will not judge how anyone else interprets the Word. However; if you read the Bible through and through, study it well, you might see that some things are written in parables, and others are not...jmho

Peace be with you all...
Old 26-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Cano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
The mark of the beast is not all about our animal instincts. Like I shared with Mayflow, the Mark of the beast is clearly about buying and selling.

Again, why the effort to overlook the obvious? Is it perhaps because the obvious is uncomfortable?

It's just irrational when people choose to deny what the prophecy actually says about itself, especially when one sees it in light of Jesus' teachings about not being able to serve two masters.

ciel_perdu, if the convoluted BOR reveals something then no 2 people seem to agree on exactly what. That is to say that what you see as "obvious" is NOT so obvious to the rest of Christendom. To me that's not revelation, rather that’s just superstition combined with mental gymnastics.

What control artists do is overlay the BOR on current events and deduce what they see as validation of the BOR.

Have you given up buying or selling things?

Caino
Old 28-01-2012, 04:13 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cano
ciel_perdu, if the convoluted BOR reveals something then no 2 people seem to agree on exactly what. That is to say that what you see as "obvious" is NOT so obvious to the rest of Christendom. To me that's not revelation, rather that’s just superstition combined with mental gymnastics.

What control artists do is overlay the BOR on current events and deduce what they see as validation of the BOR.

Have you given up buying or selling things?

Caino

The problem Cano is that you completely disregard what the actual prophecy says about everyone in the world need something in their right hand or forehead without which they cannot buy and sell.

I don't have a problem with people coming up with different interpretations to text, but when someones interpretation overlooks the obvious, then I start to wonder, WHY, this person is choosing to not see what it clearly says.

Have I given up buying and selling things? No, I still buy and sell. However, I am preparing for a time when I will not be able to buy and sell, by learning to live by faith, working for God and not money.

If in the future there comes some technology that one has to have in their hand or forehead, without which they cannot buy or sell, will you take it?

Have you read some of my previous posts about the movement towards a cashless society? Have you checked out the link I gave that shows clubs in Europe that are implanting microchips into people's arms, used for buying and selling?

There is a movement happening, and we need to be preparing to live without money.

It is this that is uncomfortable for people. Jesus makes it clear we can't work for God and money at the same time, and the Revelation is clear that anyone who takes the mark will be damned by God. To follow Jesus, is what it takes to also reject the mark. We need to forsake our familes, our jobs, our money, our possessions, and learn to live by faith, work for love and let God provide for us.

You can say I am a control artist, or that I am just combining superstition with mental gymnastics, but is asking someone to simply deal with what the actual text says unreasonable? Perhaps you can try and do that?
Old 28-01-2012, 04:17 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
What is highest in our list of priorities today? The quest for money, or the quest to learn more about our Lord and Savior, our Heavenly Father, God the Creator? I think that is the easiest question to ask ourselves. Where do we place God in our Lives?

We choose, we take the Mark or we do not.

Jesus teaches us that we must use our God given gift of discernment, and to read the Bible, interpreting it within, through the help of the Holy Spirit. So I will not judge how anyone else interprets the Word. However; if you read the Bible through and through, study it well, you might see that some things are written in parables, and others are not...jmho

Peace be with you all...

I like the question you raise, ''where do we place God in our lives?'' in relation to money.

I think this is an important question and one that Jesus wants us to answer. Jesus said in Matthew 6:24, ''no man can serve two masters, he will love one and hate the others, he will hold to one and despise the other, you cannot serve God and mammon''. We see from Jesus' example that he didn't work 9-5, he preached full time, travelling from town to town, trusting in God to provide for him.

I don't know why people seem to think that being free from having to work for money in order to live is such bad news?
Old 28-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Mayflow

I don't take that book nearly as literally. This works better for me:

Mark of the Beast: This strange mark, 666, represents vows and obligations we have made to the work of the Beast and how we condemn rather than help any effort to overcome the Beast’s influence. The Beast is like our ego and egocentric interests. It represents the work of self alone, without God’s influence. The mark is erased when the work of our hands and thoughts of our minds are cooperating with God, rather than simply being self-driven. The Beast is our lower nature at our most selfish, self-centered, self-gratifying, self-glorifying point of existence.

New Heaven and New Earth: These represent a new mind and a new heart. Through out the Old Testament you may have noticed that the Lord makes occasional reference to giving us new hearts or "circumcising" our hearts. Here, in the final book of the Bible, we have received our new hearts. These also represent a new vibration in the seven spiritual centers. The "wheels" are spinning with a new purpose, a new life-force; one that is spiritualizing. Therefore, we have a new body, too. One that helps the heart and mind maintain higher consciousness.
Old 28-01-2012, 05:17 PM
gentledove

Quote:
The problem Cano is that you completely disregard what the actual prophecy says about everyone in the world need something in their right hand or forehead without which they cannot buy and sell.

I don't have a problem with people coming up with different interpretations to text, but when someones interpretation overlooks the obvious, then I start to wonder, WHY, this person is choosing to not see what it clearly says.

Have I given up buying and selling things? No, I still buy and sell. However, I am preparing for a time when I will not be able to buy and sell, by learning to live by faith, working for God and not money.

If in the future there comes some technology that one has to have in their hand or forehead, without which they cannot buy or sell, will you take it?

Have you read some of my previous posts about the movement towards a cashless society? Have you checked out the link I gave that shows clubs in Europe that are implanting microchips into people's arms, used for buying and selling?

There is a movement happening, and we need to be preparing to live without money.

It is this that is uncomfortable for people. Jesus makes it clear we can't work for God and money at the same time, and the Revelation is clear that anyone who takes the mark will be damned by God. To follow Jesus, is what it takes to also reject the mark. We need to forsake our familes, our jobs, our money, our possessions, and learn to live by faith, work for love and let God provide for us.

You can say I am a control artist, or that I am just combining superstition with mental gymnastics, but is asking someone to simply deal with what the actual text says unreasonable? Perhaps you can try and do that?

It does seem as if the financiers are inexorably working to ensnare us into this kind of fate. This isn't inevitable. We can choose to make something different happen. We can stand up and say "NO" to those who would enslave us so our children, or perhaps our children's children won't end up having to make this awful decision someday.

Last edited by gentledove : 28-01-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 28-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Mayflow

Everyone here who is saying money is evil is using either their own or someone else's money to even be able to get on the internet. You are then saying that you are using evil money, but no one else should? This is not a very equal equation. It makes no sense to use your own or others money to tell others they shouldn't.