Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The trouble is I don't believe it.
Yes, that's the "trouble".
Quote:
The truth is that I don't even want to be God. I'd rather NOT be God.
You're NOT GOD (whatever that is?) God is a myth! .... you are you!
Old 27-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Smile Excellent points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Why not give him a good answer, preferably one which includes his perspective?

He can put out his beliefs and opinion as much as anybody else. Let us not forget that according to new age beliefs every person does his best, the best he can possibly do at any given time.

Why should he give up on attacking any belief, if he can't make sense of it or doesn't believe in it? If you fail to make yourself understood, then that is your failure, not his.
I agree! Excellent pointers, markings.
Old 28-02-2017, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
You're NOT GOD (whatever that is?) God is a myth! .... you are you!

Who am I? Why do you keep asking that?

It's difficult to define, no?

And why is God a myth?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-02-2017, 05:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile I am you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Who am I? Why do you keep asking that?
I am not asking it, you are! I am you! The question is for you to ask of your self. Nobody can answer that question FOR you.

Quote:
It's difficult to define, no?
How so? You just are...........feel. it!

Quote:
And why is God a myth?
Have you personally seen, touched, smelled, heard, felt, spoken with this thing called "god" in any substantial way? Is 'god' REAL to you? Has anyone, that you know of, PROVED the existence of this 'god' thing/person? It's a 'myth to me but maybe 'god' is real for you. I say it's a myth because all that there is, is _____________ and it can't be named or labeled. The 'god' myth satisfies some folks minds and egos so, stay with it if it comforts you. I would....if I still believed in that myth.
Old 28-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Seeker

Have you personally seen, touched, smelled, heard, felt, spoken with this thing called "god" in any substantial way? Is 'god' REAL to you? Has anyone, that you know of, PROVED the existence of this 'god' thing/person? It's a 'myth to me but maybe 'god' is real for you. I say it's a myth because all that there is, is _____________ and it can't be named or labeled. The 'god' myth satisfies some folks minds and egos so, stay with it if it comforts you. I would....if I still believed in that myth. [/quote]

Hi jimrich, so how would you explain when one prayes to God and gets the prayer answered? Just asking..
Old 28-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile I wouldn't....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patisa90
Hi jimrich, so how would you explain when one prayes to God and gets the prayer answered? Just asking..
You first. How do you explain it? Just asking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....OK, I know it bothers folks to have a question answered by another question so...
Quote:
How do you explain it?
... my answer is....I wouldn't!
Old 28-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Seeker

.....OK, I know it bothers folks to have a question answered by another question so...
... my answer is....I wouldn't! [/quote]

So when someone gets their prayers answered by God how can someone not believe that God is there..
It is truly amazing.. Before becoming religious 3 years ago I wouldnt even think about God..
Now whenever I ask God something and sometimes He listens to me and it happens its amazing..

And here I also dont believe in the concept I am... a human being cannot do anything him/herself
God is the one helping us constantly.. he gave us everything we have..
When you remember Him..He will remember you...

But ofcourse I know for everyone this belief works differently :))
I myself also just dont understand the concept of the 'I'
Old 28-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patisa90
so how would you explain when one prayes to God and gets the prayer answered? Just asking..
You pray to yourself, or to put it differently you pray to access your own resources of which you are not aware of or cannot access under normal circumstances.
Prayer may just be the catalyst to temporarily get through the wall between our ordinariness and our extra-ordinariness.
Such events and there are many, admittedly many are anecdotal, require no God as an explanation but this is the easy option to take. It will allow the continued denial of our powerful self and we can sink back into our comfort zone.
Old 28-02-2017, 06:42 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
You pray to yourself, or to put it differently you pray to access your own resources of which you are not aware of or cannot access under normal circumstances.
Prayer may just be the catalyst to temporarily get through the wall between our ordinariness and our extra-ordinariness.
Such events and there are many, admittedly many are anecdotal, require no God as an explanation but this is the easy option to take. It will allow the continued denial of our powerful self and we can sink back into our comfort zone.

Hmmm interesting...interesting... maybe Im not too smart...so it means we are God and we can make our own wishes come true?
Old 28-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I am not asking it, you are! I am you! The question is for you to ask of your self. Nobody can answer that question FOR you.

This "I Am You" explaination is convenient but inherently troublesome. It implies that I do things that others are doing and that I will things that others are willing. The truth is that 'out there in the world' many terrible things happen which I would prefer not to happen. If all those things are me then they are truly happening without any intention or consent from me. And thus it has even come to me spitting in my own face and doing other nasty forms of self harm - which others have done to me - which you explain by saying I did them to myself.

Quote:
How so? You just are...........feel. it!

I exist. I feel it. But it is difficult to explain, no?

Quote:
Have you personally seen, touched, smelled, heard, felt, spoken with this thing called "god" in any substantial way? Is 'god' REAL to you? Has anyone, that you know of, PROVED the existence of this 'god' thing/person? It's a 'myth to me but maybe 'god' is real for you. I say it's a myth because all that there is, is _____________ and it can't be named or labeled. The 'god' myth satisfies some folks minds and egos so, stay with it if it comforts you. I would....if I still believed in that myth.

Reality IS. I call it God. That is enough for me. Minds and Egos are just as holy as any other form of existence. I do not believe my mind and ego are inherently trying to fool me, God or anyone else. Reality has integrity.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.