Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
ete233

God = Zero
God is formless expression. It requires no infinity nor no absolute nothingness. God expresses everything that could ever be expressed. So, God is Zero. Formless potential.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Free Bird

I see god as being the 'source' Not a person but energy and light. I believe in god but not as the bible says. I have my own beliefs, but I still thank god everynight, as I do the universe for my many blessings
Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Guide
"What is God?"

- A Verb of Being greater than our tiny human identity.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Ascender
what is GOD

TRUTH

mj
Old 04-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
"What is God?"

- A Verb of Being greater than our tiny human identity.
Yes so true, but even our tiny human existence is all that IS, but as you said our "identity" of what we believe we are, is nothing to what IS.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

'God' is a word that carries way too much religious baggage.. it incites conflict and disagreement.. it is only useful when someone can't detach from the conditioned need to use its superior reference..

So many of our shorthand references are so broadly used that they include conflicting meanings and interpretations.. i much prefer words and descriptions that describe what someone feels and understands, rather than a generic word..

Be well..
Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

'God' is a word that carries way too much religious baggage.. it incites conflict and disagreement.. it is only useful when someone can't detach from the conditioned need to use its superior reference..

So many of our shorthand references are so broadly used that they include conflicting meanings and interpretations.. i much prefer words and descriptions that describe what someone feels and understands, rather than a generic word..

Be well..

Exactly.
Before we should even think of discussing it, we should free ourselves from all ideas and mental images we have of ”God”. Even free ourselves from the language itself. That means we should free ourselves also from the dualistic state of consciousness, where we always must think in terms of opposites, conflicting each other.
In the west, our analytical mindset which relies on “facts”, makes us prone to conceptualize everything. Every concept – “God” one of them – is put in relation to, and compared, with something else. And every concept we make becomes an image of something, rather than true experience. This collection of images is what we “know”. Unfortunately, too many of us are absolutely convinced that they REALLY know some truth, even if they have no true experience of it.

- and when these "convinced" persons meet a person who have actually experienced something, they dismiss him when they see he cannot prove anything....
Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Master
Hello,

Perhaps in discussing such things as "God" it may help to keep an open mind.

Meaning to not look at the messenger as much as the message. What does this experience of "God" bring to one?

At times, IMO, it is a matter of where one places one faith/trust. Where is ones definition or feeling of "knowing" come from? Is it with in oneself or through others or a combination of both?

To me, it is what rings true with in and being open that this too may shift and change with further understanding and paying attention to what life reveals.

Either way, to me, "God" doesn't care how it's defined by me or anyone else it will continue to do what it does. (Whatever this "energy" may be)

Perhaps it is not "God" one is trying to understand, but oneself and the relationship to life/Universe.

Sharing some further thoughts.

Peace
Old 04-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Ascender
very well said Moonglow

mj
Old 04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Ascender
if we used all the words in every language around the world, we would still not have enough words to descibe our creator.

imo, there should only be a name, a word or two, that we use when we feel the energy of the creator addressing us and we speak to the creator using this name. There are many names for the creator and we are all allowed to choose any name we desire.

mj