Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Newbie ;)

If Jesus came to earth tomorrow and the bible was re-written over the next couple hundred years based on society as it is today vs how it was 2000 years ago, I seriously think there would be amendments to a lot of biblical doctrine. we live in a COMPLETELY different time, with different temptations, different hurdles.. different values...I could go on and on. Living in modern day, in a lot of ways, is waaaaaay more different than it was then... ESPECIALLY emotionally. Call that resistance if you want, I call it logic. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to the Bible, to Jesus, his disciples, etc.

I guess I need to find a church that could actually listen to my questions such as this and answer with at least some logic instead of faith and only faith. Im sad that I don't think such a church exists. I assume that I will just be labeled an Athiest. And that sucks.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:58 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmosis
I guess I need to find a church that could actually listen to my questions such as this and answer with at least some logic instead of faith and only faith. Im sad that I don't think such a church exists. .
Cosmosis,

With age I realize that is a futile and misguided desire to find a perfect church. Many might define a perfect or suitable church as being one that aligns with your beliefs…..our beliefs are, in large part, a confirmation of our egos. Is there potential in this ?

IMO a perfect church is one with imperfections. It are these imperfections that motivate you to think on your own….rather than just accepting other’s beliefs. In order to “form a more perfect Union” it is necessary to be exposed to the imperfect.

And, yes, I appreciate the ‘imperfect’ church that I attend regularly….I always learn….either for what they can reveal…or for what I could argue that they are failing to see…..
Old 08-02-2023, 04:23 PM
Master
My perfect Church.

Amongst the trees, flowers and wildlife, listening to the birds singing their own praises. Fragranced breezes awaken my senses and I'm in Heaven, who needs a building
Just my opinion....
Old 08-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmosis
...I guess I need to find a church that could actually listen to my questions such as this and answer
with at least some logic instead of faith and only faith.
Hi, You might not be in a place where you can relate to this, but you are the temple.
That's why it says Be still ...sit in silence or contemplation or prayer...and wait...amazing insights will come to you
if you open a door for them allowing them to be heard.
It's a wonderful thing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-02-2023, 06:40 PM
Experiencer

Be aware of the difference between inheriting the kingdom and entering the kingdom…..two different things….[/quote]

I believe there is no difference. 1Cor 6:9-11 makes the statement--that is what some of you were= past tense. true repentence = the stopping doing of a sin. These stopped doing the sin by turning around-Acts 3:19)
Old 08-02-2023, 06:44 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Amongst the trees, flowers and wildlife, listening to the birds singing their own praises. Fragranced breezes awaken my senses and I'm in Heaven, who needs a building
Just my opinion....

Bliss........My idea of a Spiritual place.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Master

I personally think all of our relationships are pre-planned before we are born. They are for us to learn and experience different things for our spiritual growth. I think they and us can be directed and influenced by our spirit guides or "angels" along the way.

Some relationships are meant to be decades, some years, some just a few months or weeks. It's all to learn things. I think if God planned a short relationship with a person, not much you can do about it. You just think about what you learned about others and yourself and how you can be better or more understanding to the next person that is already on the way to you, unless God wants you to be a hermit next! and learn from a hermit experience
Old 08-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Be aware of the difference between inheriting the kingdom and entering the kingdom…..two different things….

I believe there is no difference. 19)[/quote]

Keiw1,

The clearest understanding of this difference…this principle…appears in 1 Corinthians 3:10-15. Verse 14….”If what he builds survives, he will receive his reward.” Inheritance=rewards…..this is the fruit of good works. Verse 15….”If it is burned up, he will suffer loss(no rewards because of lack of good works); he himself will be saved…”. We are saved by grace, good works play no part in our salvation. Because of salvation we have entered the Kingdom…..because of good works we are worthy inheritors and are rewarded……
Old 08-02-2023, 08:26 PM
Experiencer

Molearner:
The clearest understanding of this difference…this principle…appears in 1 Corinthians 3:10-15. Verse 14….”If what he builds survives, he will receive his reward.” Inheritance=rewards…..this is the fruit of good works. Verse 15….”If it is burned up, he will suffer loss(no rewards because of lack of good works); he himself will be saved…”

Only those who live now to do Jesus' Fathers will over there own will in this satan ruled system and endure until the end will get that grace.-Matt 7:21- Mark 8:34--Matt 10:22