Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 17-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Jules

bd theres nothing to be confused about .. innerlight who is admin, started the thread so don't worry about it
Old 17-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Here we go.

A member has created a thread on the forum in the Spiritual Development section. Member Bradly has responded to the thread with their views on the question that was posed. Member George has responded to Bradly's response. This is what George say in the thread in relation to Bradly.

Bradly, expresses their beliefs as if they are the only truth and there is no other way.. I posed a question that was related to the original question that was posted, and this Bradly stepped in to enforce their "mastery" over said topic and the only direction they want to go with it. Thus preventing anyone from having any sort of discussion about the thread. This is Bradly's way, their vain ego and egoistic mindset will not tolerate or allow contradicting opinions or beliefs.. Bradly and a few other members on this board make arrogant statements, and then they get defensive and confrontational when asked for clarification or state an opinion that goes against what they are spewing or when someone else tries to share something that differs from what they say.

Coming in late and responding to the OP only... is this what you would consider a quote of what the mock person said or a judgement on what the mock person said? There is a lot of judgement on the mock person and it needs to be clear whether this is a Admin judgement on a mock post or the actual mock post. And yes I do understand that the post is made up.

If I understand that one person is being very forceful in their posts I would probably message them and ask them to be a little open minded. After that, if they continued and were actually rude to people I would warn them that they would be moderated if they didn't chill out.

If the moderation didn't work then I would try and discuss with them that they need to chill or they will be removed.

I have run a forum for 8 years. Yes it is smaller than this one and everyone knows everyone else so there are less keyboard warriors, but so long as there is no abuse being thrown around I think it's down to people to hide the person that is being beligerant. If no-one sees the posts they won't be affected by them or respond and the person won't get the reaction they are looking for.

I also think that at times it is too easy to panic and want to shut down a thread based on personal fears. I disslike nastyness but other people are capable of calming it down.

Banning someone without warning, closing threads without first posting that people need to chill out is dictatorship to me. If that is how you want to run a forum that is fine, but you have to accept the response of the people, and imho you need to warn people that this is what you are likely to do.

Moderation is a good halfway house for people. Also temporary bans too as it gives people a message that they are out of order but it is less heavy handed.

I have to say, banning someone for being beligerant could be seen as being beligerant too "you don't interract in a way we like so we are going to stop you completely"... all too harsh as a first offence imho
Old 17-10-2011, 12:45 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
bd theres nothing to be confused about .. innerlight who is admin, started the thread so don't worry about it

Is there a difference between mods and admins? I need to stop thinking so much, I manage to confuse myself ......
Old 17-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Master
I think it depends on what the original post was about ? The OP that put together the thread ..what are they asking ...needing ... ETC ????

IMO One has to look at the beginning to sort out replies from other members .. ..what intent was The OP coming from ? And is there an arc of distortion with any members replies ?

Just a brief thought Innerlight .

:) at
12.10 am :)
Old 17-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
I have to say, banning someone for being beligerant could be seen as being beligerant too "you don't interract in a way we like so we are going to stop you completely"... all too harsh as a first offence imho

This sounds like there's an idea out there that staff insta-bans for being belligerent. That's not so. This thread example isn't a bannable issue, we're simply wanting to know how you think it should be handled.

Old 17-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Hi members of SF,

We have seen your comments that we just ban people and do not give them a chance, or that we just close threads without any real reason. So we have decided to see how you guys would respond and react to a matter that has been brought to staffs attention. This is a mock issue and is not something currently happening at this time. We would like to see how you guys would respond and what you would do. Then we will show you how we would respond to it.

Here we go.

A member has created a thread on the forum in the Spiritual Development section. Member Bradly has responded to the thread with their views on the question that was posed. Member George has responded to Bradly's response. This is what George say in the thread in relation to Bradly.

Bradly, expresses their beliefs as if they are the only truth and there is no other way.. I posed a question that was related to the original question that was posted, and this Bradly stepped in to enforce their "mastery" over said topic and the only direction they want to go with it. Thus preventing anyone from having any sort of discussion about the thread. This is Bradly's way, their vain ego and egoistic mindset will not tolerate or allow contradicting opinions or beliefs.. Bradly and a few other members on this board make arrogant statements, and then they get defensive and confrontational when asked for clarification or state an opinion that goes against what they are spewing or when someone else tries to share something that differs from what they say.

How would you respond to this? What would you do and why would you do what you do?

This was a mock reply to a mock thread that only exists in this thread right here that a mock member made in regards to a post they found of a member on the open forum. None of this actually happened or is happening.

This was not in relation to any actual post. However, we do get posts that are similar in vain to this on the actual board.

Now we are turning it over to you guys to see how you would do to it. How you would respond. What you would do.

You cant complain about someone just because they are right upront and argumentitive about something. The only way things should be done, if they are flat out disrespecting that person, as in " your an idiot, you dont know anything about this topic GTFO" sort of thing.

And even at that, sometimes that HAS to be said, because that person is relaly talkin out his butt ( and im sure you can agree with me here, that it happens iin the forum).

In general, I think you may want to make a "peer review" section on the boards, for some questionable threads, so that everyone can have a say on whether its too much or not. Sure your mods, but its a public forum, and im sure people would love to have some ability to help you guys choose "harmful" threads and not.
Old 17-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
Coming in late and responding to the OP only... is this what you would consider a quote of what the mock person said or a judgement on what the mock person said? There is a lot of judgement on the mock person and it needs to be clear whether this is a Admin judgement on a mock post or the actual mock post. And yes I do understand that the post is made up.

This is the mock comment that was left in a mock thread. Not a judgement that we based on them.

It's based on actual comments that have actually been left in the forum for people to read.

These are some good responses. When I have more time I can offer a better reply.
Old 17-10-2011, 01:44 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time

In general, I think you may want to make a "peer review" section on the boards, for some questionable threads, so that everyone can have a say on whether its too much or not. Sure your mods, but its a public forum, and im sure people would love to have some ability to help you guys choose "harmful" threads and not.

This sounds like something you might want to put in innerlight's other thread Time
Old 17-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
This sounds like something you might want to put in innerlight's other thread Time

Hmm... good point... If Innerlight or anyone wishes they can bring that idea to the other thread
Old 17-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
This sounds like there's an idea out there that staff insta-bans for being belligerent. That's not so. This thread example isn't a bannable issue, we're simply wanting to know how you think it should be handled.

Apologies, I must have missunderstood the question then. I thought we were talking about why people are banned and that this was an example.

Will go read again....