Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2006, 04:42 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Maybe drug taking highlights negativity within..... so does meditation and kundalini awakening would you tell people to stay away from them? Negative energies come from within yourself, if they are there they need to be dealt with.

Being too negative about drugs is counter productive, they need to be respected but to talk in this way about them is to propagate this notion that they cause irreperable damage which just leads to more worry which then attracts manifestations which propagate the worry. For me drugs have taught me to chill out, if i hadn't i would have probably gone mad from doing them but i did and dealt with lots of issues on the way - I'm not recommending them but I can't condemn them either, they are another life experience, thats it - if someones going to take them they will, if they're not they won't but whatever way people should know that to be frightened and negative about anything is counter productive and just causes more fear and negativity.

Hi dreamer,

Firstly, yes, drugs do highlight threads of negativity that are inside a person, drugs are undoubtedly mind-expanding. However, the effects that drugs have on the psyche cannot be controlled to any certain degree by the user, so therefore, the perception that the user will gain of themself and others will be twisted.

Secondly, no I would not tell people to stay away from meditation and kundalini awakening practices, simply because these are controlled exercises, which are also spiritual in nature and not material. Yes, negative energies do come from within and yes, I agree, that if one can, then one should deal with that negativity.

I haven't spoke about drugs in a way that propagates the notion that they cause irreparable damage. Should a person feel strong enough, then they can overcome any damage wrought by drug-taking. Yes, I also agree that fear and worry will cause more fear and worry for thoughts and emotions tend to have an exponential nature, in that they increase the more attention that is given to them.

What I am saying is that a person who is inclined to spiritualism will save themselves a lot of time by not taking drugs for drugs do nothing more than to ACCENTUATE negative behavioural patterns. Without taking the drugs, the person will have never developed those patterns. It is as simple as that.

Lastly, there is a great deal of fear and worry around drugs for a good reason. Many people DIE because of the production and distribution of drugs, not to mention the thousands of people who later go on to suffer from mental illness due to the effects of the drugs themselves and who go on to murder and rob people, sometimes people they know. There is a massive crime induustry surrounding drugs, so I would have thought that there is already a lot of negativity surrounding the use of them anyway.

I accept drugs for what they are. They are an addictive substance designed for one thing only - to allow the user an escape from reality yet their actual nature is that they actually trap the user in the reality they were already in.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.

Last edited by kundalini : 22-08-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 23-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Enlightener

Limping Hot Dog Sagacious

I would recommend specific drugs to anyone wanting to experience an altered state of mind or heightened awareness. Though I would not recommend it as a spiritual practice such as trying to raise the kundalini.

Enlightener
Old 23-08-2006, 06:03 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
I would recommend specific drugs to anyone wanting to experience an altered state of mind or heightened awareness. Though I would not recommend it as a spiritual practice such as trying to raise the kundalini.

Enlightener

Hi Enlightener,

Which specific drugs are you recommending?

Kundalini.
Old 23-08-2006, 03:49 PM
dreamer

Kundalini,

some of what you say I agree with, some of what you say I don't. In my experience drugs can be very beificial but they can also be very destructive depending upon the drug and the individual involved. To be too opinionated either way makes no sense, there are pros and cons as with anything in life and as with anything in life cons can be turned into pros and visa versa.
Old 23-08-2006, 03:59 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Kundalini,

some of what you say I agree with, some of what you say I don't. In my experience drugs can be very beificial but they can also be very destructive depending upon the drug and the individual involved. To be too opinionated either way makes no sense, there are pros and cons as with anything in life and as with anything in life cons can be turned into pros and visa versa.

Yeah true. I am not being opinionated and if it seems that way then let me explain why. Okay, firstly, I cannot see what points you don't agree with me on. Secondly, if it saves someone the anguish of mental problems, big or small, then I will stand on this side of the fence. No disrespect dreamer, but you seem to be looking at the whole issue of drugs with a lower mind perspective, when in reality, it's a whole different ball game.

Again, I do not mean to be disrespectful and I have looked at things with that kind of perspective before too but I would think that someone such as you would be more interested in saving lives than promoting material pleasures.

Once again, this is not a personal attack but I am ASKING you to view this whole topic from a higher perspective.

Kundalini.

Last edited by kundalini : 23-08-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 23-08-2006, 07:09 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Yeah true. I am not being opinionated and if it seems that way then let me explain why. Okay, firstly, I cannot see what points you don't agree with me on. Secondly, if it saves someone the anguish of mental problems, big or small, then I will stand on this side of the fence. No disrespect dreamer, but you seem to be looking at the whole issue of drugs with a lower mind perspective, when in reality, it's a whole different ball game.

Again, I do not mean to be disrespectful and I have looked at things with that kind of perspective before too but I would think that someone such as you would be more interested in saving lives than promoting material pleasures.

Once again, this is not a personal attack but I am ASKING you to view this whole topic from a higher perspective.

Kundalini.

Hey Kundalini,

your post appears both assumptive and opinionated whilst also being enlightened and wise. Be careful that your intention is to inform rather than convert, it makes all the difference. When was the last time you were converted without being informed?
Old 23-08-2006, 08:40 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Hey Kundalini,

your post appears both assumptive and opinionated whilst also being enlightened and wise. Be careful that your intention is to inform rather than convert, it makes all the difference. When was the last time you were converted without being informed?

dreamer,

Very good dreamer but let's review this thread. I have gave my personal experiences and other people have give their experiences with regards to drug use. Then, next minute, some members start recommending drugs and this cannot be disputed. I'm saying I don't recommend them.
Old 23-08-2006, 08:50 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini

Kundalini.

It isn't that you are not recommending drugs it is that you apear to be assuming too much in your interpretations of what I have posted. Can you explain this higher perpective that you would like me to view this topic from? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Last edited by dreamer : 23-08-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 23-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account
many a good song was wrote with these!! sorry i'll go............lol
Old 23-08-2006, 11:34 PM
kundalini

Quote:
It isn't that you are not recommending drugs it is that you apear to be assuming too much in your interpretations of what I have posted. Can you explain this higher perpective that you would like me to view this topic from? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

No dreamer, I have made no assumptions. You and other members have clearly recommended the use of drugs. You cannot deny that you have not. Listen dreamer because I know you know what I am talking about. Drugs are a MATERIAL substance and many lives are ruined, destroyed, utterly obliterated due to the use of them. Now, would you not say that something so obviously dangerous and MATERIAL, whilst also bearing in mind that drugs are nothing more than a substance designed for a person to escape REALITY, can you honestly not say that they are a negative diversion? Please bear in mind the very REAL facts about all the crime and madness associated with them too.

Closed Thread