Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
yes Miss Hepburn?? lol...i will give my view, worded differently, somewhat, but not really unsimilar to your view at all...Raja yoga is Royal yoga, and it is considered very good by many, but the problem i have with it, is that it doesnt concentrate on any realm above the mental, which is not to say that it isnt good, just incomplete (this is only my view, and i dont know everything by any means) and what i find missing in it is the Sound current, the Light lights the Way but the Sound draws you in, is basically the theory of it...it has been called sahaja yoga and also surat shabd yoga, both of which derive mainly from Kabir, and his way did certainly contain Bhakti (Devotion) so these forms of yoga actually contain both Bhakti and Karma (different from both types of yoga, but containing both principles within them)...basically as far as the "fastest" path, it could really be ANY path, the speed of spiritual development depends on the individual's amount of, and willingness to, control one's self, all thoughts, words, and actions, thus removing impediments to the way home (standing in one's own way)...one could be a christian, muslim, buddhist, hindu, it matters not, the Way is contained within all of them, but it does matter how one goes about it, and how much mental, emotional, and physical self control they have, because the Way is hard, and thats the reason we have had so few Saints around the world, compared to the number of the populace at any given point in time... well, i tried anyways, i hope that helps a bit...

"...depends on the individual's amount of, and willingness to, control one's self, all
thoughts, words, and actions, thus removing impediments to the way home (standing in one's own way)...
one could be a christian, muslim, buddhist, hindu,
it matters not, the Way is contained within all of them, but it does matter how one goes about it, and how much
mental, emotional, and physical self control they have"

Very well said, imo. I also mention this, as in their desire and one-pointedness.
Without a steadfast sincerity - forget about it. But then, to me that sincerity is a Gift from God, that, in turn, helps us to control all actions, words and thoughts.

Now, maybe we have different understandings of Raja Yoga---Raja=King, also,= topdog yoga. And yes, bhakti and karma would be automatically included.
(Btw, is there a reason you don't capitalize Christian, Hindu, etc. ---but you do Bhakti or the Way, etc.?)

Raja has 4 techniques, no? Light, Sound, Nectar and the Word (or Primordial Vibration or the Sat Nam, True Name.)
I just realized - part of me thinks-- according to this topic - regarding the fastEST way to the State of Godliness ---how can one achieve that without the Light.
Or without knowing how to go within and see the Light that is God and which is hidden inside us, from which all comes from.

I was also unaware it only concentrated on the mental - I don't think that is true --I thought it did the exact opposite...as in any meditation.

It's a personal thing of mine - not to say "hard"; ie., if you say it's "hard" to lose weight - it always will be. Words have power. (So, so much power.)
This Path is, thus, becoming easier and easier by His Grace.

And, just to say, I took the yoga route only because the op mentioned it directly.

But now, I wonder - Christianity in it's present form ---as it has been altered and interpreted, what we are left with (incomplete teachings of Jesus'), I don't think it would be included in my fastEST way to God Consciousness.

Now, I am reading the Padget sp? papers - look under Christianity "DIVINE LOVE" thread! So lets see. The altered Lord's Prayer alone is a revelation.
Always a pleasure,
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You can't go anywhere because you are already everywhere, you or your true SELF is Consciousness or God if you like, after this realization by no one you can still play the game of being who you are but now its a game and you no longer are in the illusion of believing that the game is real, I tell ya, you'll have a good dam laugh about the whole joke.
I really liked this statement , psycho.

Very, very much.

Ah, the Lila, the Game, the Cosmic Dance.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"...depends on the individual's amount of, and willingness to, control one's self, all
thoughts, words, and actions, thus removing impediments to the way home (standing in one's own way)...
one could be a christian, muslim, buddhist, hindu,
it matters not, the Way is contained within all of them, but it does matter how one goes about it, and how much
mental, emotional, and physical self control they have"

Very well said, imo. I also mention this, as in their desire and one-pointedness.
Without a steadfast sincerity - forget about it. But then, to me that sincerity is a Gift from God, that, in turn, helps us to control all actions, words and thoughts.

Now, maybe we have different understandings of Raja Yoga---Raja=King, also,= topdog yoga. And yes, bhakti and karma would be automatically included.
(Btw, is there a reason you don't capitalize Christian, Hindu, etc. ---but you do Bhakti or the Way, etc.?)

Raja has 4 techniques, no? Light, Sound, Nectar and the Word (or Primordial Vibration or the Sat Nam, True Name.)
I just realized - part of me thinks-- according to this topic - regarding the fastEST way to the State of Godliness ---how can one achieve that without the Light.
Or without knowing how to go within and see the Light that is God and which is hidden inside us, from which all comes from.

I was also unaware it only concentrated on the mental - I don't think that is true --I thought it did the exact opposite...as in any meditation.

It's a personal thing of mine - not to say "hard"; ie., if you say it's "hard" to lose weight - it always will be. Words have power. (So, so much power.)
This Path is, thus, becoming easier and easier by His Grace.

And, just to say, I took the yoga route only because the op mentioned it directly.

But now, I wonder - Christianity in it's present form ---as it has been altered and interpreted, what we are left with (incomplete teachings of Jesus'), I don't think it would be included in my fastEST way to God Consciousness.

Now, I am reading the Padget sp? papers - look under Christianity "DIVINE LOVE" thread! So lets see. The altered Lord's Prayer alone is a revelation.
Always a pleasure,
Miss Hepburn
my capitalization and lack thereof is PURELY my own laziness, and has nothing to do with any preference of MINE regarding any of the different paths...i noticed it myself as i typed last night, but was on my way to bed, so i didnt fix it, sorry, i accept all responsibility for having made it seem any certain way from that...as for the word "hard" how about "challenging"? the higher one climbs, the harder is the attempt to drag that one back down, it's just a test, not a huge big deal...about the Light....yes one needs the Light, but my point is, that the Light is also the Sound, One and the same, and what does one do when there is so much Light that no distinction can be made about whether or not there is further that can be gone? there are such levels, and there is always the Sound...and It, is an amazing thing that i have a very hard, excuse me, challenging ,time describing, and again, i say that this is merely MY opinion, so no one is bound by what i am saying, only myself, anyone may feel free to disagree, and all i could possibly say is "are you sure youve reached the end just yet?" because i have not...so thats just a statement that creates a bit of a friendly challenge to take It further, regardless of the path, the Road has no ending, there is always another step to take...well, just my opinion really...when i find the last step on the Way, perhaps i will have something more definitive to say about It...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
...when i find the last step on the Way, perhaps i will have something more definitive to say about It...

LOL

I think that is it isn't it - this is a wonderous never ending Journey.
I am enjoying my ride.
I find wherever I am, I am there.
That will continue - on the other side, also.
Here, there - doesn't really make a difference
when you're already enjoying yourself, imo.

wherever i go, that's where i am.

no caps, in your honor...

Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
LOL

I think that is it isn't it - this is a wonderous never ending Journey.
I am enjoying my ride.
I find wherever I am, I am there.
That will continue - on the other side, also.
Here, there - doesn't really make a difference
when you're already enjoying yourself, imo.

wherever i go, that's where i am.

no caps, in your honor...

i thank you for the "no caps"...as anyone might notice, i usually dont use them or any punctuation in words, just the occasional comma or period, but mostly 3 periods...and i always end with those because, the way i see it, the conversations are never ending, so ending a message that way means that ill be back to join in again and again~! and as for the never ending journey, someone once said something that expresses that very same thing, "perfection is one step beyond the last" and i agree wholeheartedly~! i also agree about that it matters not, how "long" anyone chooses to take, because we are always "here" and "now"...the only difference between here and there is the letter T...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You can't go anywhere because you are already everywhere, you or your true SELF is Consciousness or God if you like, after this realization by no one you can still play the game of being who you are but now its a game and you no longer are in the illusion of believing that the game is real, I tell ya, you'll have a good dam laugh about the whole joke.
whos playing the game if there is no you
Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Enya

The 'fastest' way to reach God is to look inside your Self... and listen.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
whos playing the game if there is no you

Maybe this would help?

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there
must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite

and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
And in order to love Himself He must imagine Himself
as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He Loves.

Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation
creates longing; and longing causes search. And the
wider and the more intense the search the greater the
separation and the more terrible the longing.

When longing is most intense separation is complete,
and the purpose of separation, which was that Love might
experience itself as Lover and Beloved, is fulfilled; and
union follows And when union is attained, the Lover knows
that he himself was all along the Beloved whom he loved
and desired union with; and that all the impossible situations
that he overcame were obstacles which he himself had
placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible
to become what you already are! Union is nothing other than
knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

Meher Baba from "The Everything and the Nothing"

Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
mahakali

beautiful miss hep, i get the concepts really i do, i just dont know why everyone jumps up and down with the whole 'no me' thing, there is a you even if its an illusory concept it still exists because its existing right now, maybe time space material world is illusory but it is still something, its just totally undefinable by us. energy, it is an energy and energy is strange. the particles exist in multiple places or in superposition, until one possibility or the other becomes relevant(quantum wave function).

so maybe we dont understand how we exist but that doesn't mean that were not real at all i mean common my thoughts are very real. im doing this lfe thing in time space right now. im sure of it. as for the illusory concepts i get it i do. it is the ego and its a lie. im not a woman or a man im not young or old im not human im not god but im all these things at once. weather were are all just 1 being there are many as well with the walls being our ego. both and all realities exist. all things are possible.

i am real but an illusion, as i turn through the pages of the akashic records its all there and then some. close the book and it all disappears. this ego has a purpose, not just to realize the fact of it, but to enjoy the naive charm of this reality. its fun its different we took the plunge we lowered our vibration and are watching in suspense as we slowly climb back up. our spirits are partially blindfolded and its our fault, we will probably do it again too. lets play the ego game. lets discover love from scratch.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
beautiful miss hep, i get the concepts really i do, i just dont know why everyone jumps up and down with the whole 'no me' thing, there is a you even if its an illusory concept it still exists because its existing right now, maybe time space material world is illusory but it is still something, its just totally undefinable by us. energy, it is an energy and energy is strange. the particles exist in multiple places or in superposition, until one possibility or the other becomes relevant(quantum wave function).

so maybe we dont understand how we exist but that doesn't mean that were not real at all i mean common my thoughts are very real. im doing this lfe thing in time space right now. im sure of it. as for the illusory concepts i get it i do. it is the ego and its a lie. im not a woman or a man im not young or old im not human im not god but im all these things at once. weather were are all just 1 being there are many as well with the walls being our ego. both and all realities exist. all things are possible.

i am real but an illusion, as i turn through the pages of the akashic records its all there and then some. close the book and it all disappears. this ego has a purpose, not just to realize the fact of it, but to enjoy the naive charm of this reality. its fun its different we took the plunge we lowered our vibration and are watching in suspense as we slowly climb back up. our spirits are partially blindfolded and its our fault, we will probably do it again too. lets play the ego game. lets discover love from scratch.
Very impressive!
Big
But, hey not everyone's doing that!
I'm not - and I'm everyone to ME!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''
Enya - let me introduce you to Shabda -Shabda, Enya.