Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 25-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat
Mazulu: If i do use it, i will and i'll post on this forum the link, thanks :)

I think he's kidding, madcat. He wants the entity taking over your body to post the video! Funny.

Lora
Old 26-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
Now we're talking!

...Now let's start discussing
What's so bad about the written language, then? Or is it the mindset of inviting just anything to literally spell something out to you, that is so low?

There must be something behind it. While pragmatism would just look at the statistics and experiences and say, "Better just... not..." I'd be interested to know how it works, and why it works so badly.

I've had wonderful experiences with the tarot, for example, although I've heard just as many stories about "cursed decks" as portally ouija boards. As for communicating via the heart and emotions... isn't that called possession?

Reasonably, the ouija board is allowing a buffer between yourself. It should be safer than automatic writing because you're focusing on the movement rather than inviting something to manipulate your mind (and give you something to write out by hand) -- but apparently that's not the case.

Until we understand why the ouija board specifically would be a portal, then anything can go wrong with anything that we do: meditation can be a portal, gemstone grids can be a portal, tarot can invite bad spirits... Is it the wood? Is it the paint? Is the Latin alphabet of the exact geometry to resonate with the lower astral? Did the original marketers of the ouija board as a toy, make some pact or treaty with demonic entities that will last for generations, regardless of the brand, or if you work the wood yourself and paint the letters yourself in the witness of all your angels and spirit guides?

What's so bad about the written language - there's nothing bad about the written language, lol. Spelling out the message is simply the way in which the board is set up to work.

You said you'd be interested to know how it really works - most people believe that it's a form of channelling. It doesn't always work so badly but it can. If the person (or people) using the board don't immediately recognize that a negative spirit/entity is communicating with them, and if they're not knowledgeable enough to dismiss that spirit/entity and close the board immediately then that's when things go wrong.

Tarot is a different modality from the ouija board although it can be a springboard for many into clairvoyance, etc.

As for communicating via the heart and the emotions - no that is not possession. Possession is when a discarnate entity takes control of the body of a person.

The ouija board is basically the opposite of being a buffer - what it does is create a psychic link with the 'otherworld'. Actually, it's quite similar to automatic writing.

The ouija is just an instrument, a tool, that helps the user(s) to open themselves to the spirit world. You don't need the game from Hasbro, you can write out the letters and numbers on bits of paper and use an upturned glass and it works the same - and it works easier if one or more of the 'players' have mediumistic tendencies, whether they know it or not. The original marketers of the so called toy did not invent anything new, this type of channelling has been around since the early Greek times. The boards were invented around the late 1800's and a man named Fuld had the patent for a long time then after his death the family sold the patent to Parker Bros. and then Hasbro took over.
Old 26-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Ascender

Thanks for your thoughts, Jenny. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
What's so bad about the written language - there's nothing bad about the written language, lol. Spelling out the message is simply the way in which the board is set up to work.

Ah, but that compared with...

Quote:
Tarot is a different modality from the ouija board although it can be a springboard for many into clairvoyance, etc.

I get the impression somehow that Tarot is more popularly a springboard into "higher" knowledge such as clairvoyance, rather than communication with demonic entities, because Tarot relies more on symbols and images than words.

If you draw The Devil card from the major arcana, for example, you can wonder, "Is this referring to my own habit of holding grudges, or the does it refer to the substance abuse habit of somebody near and dear to me?"

Whereas a ouija board spelling out "I AM THE DEVIL" doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

Quote:
You said you'd be interested to know how it really works - most people believe that it's a form of channelling. It doesn't always work so badly but it can. If the person (or people) using the board don't immediately recognize that a negative spirit/entity is communicating with them, and if they're not knowledgeable enough to dismiss that spirit/entity and close the board immediately then that's when things go wrong.

That bolded part was very useful.

Is it that the ouija board supplies "progress" in advance of "understanding"? Like, meditative channelling goes through many stages of relaxation and visualization. If you get bad vibes or feel uncomfortable at any time, then, I think, your mind will naturally be unfocused on the spiritual task and snap right back. This has the effect of that if or when a spiritualist does meditate specifically to channel and contact someone, then they have honed their instinct and intuition for identifying what they are in contact with.

...Something like that?

So, rather than say, "Don't ever bother", it might be more constructive to say, "Bother with learning to banish, first."

Quote:
You don't need the game from Hasbro, you can write out the letters and numbers on bits of paper and use an upturned glass and it works the same - and it works easier if one or more of the 'players' have mediumistic tendencies, whether they know it or not.

The original marketers of the so called toy did not invent anything new, this type of channelling has been around since the early Greek times. The boards were invented around the late 1800's and a man named Fuld had the patent for a long time then after his death the family sold the patent to Parker Bros. and then Hasbro took over.

What makes it a channeling board, though? The same action, without the marketing and early Greek tradition behind it... only the action taken by itself could, for example, be used to teach a young child the alphabet.

Is it the mindset that turns an otherwise ordinary toy alphabet board into a bridge to the other world?
Old 26-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts, Jenny. :)

Is it the mindset that turns an otherwise ordinary toy alphabet board into a bridge to the other world?

THAT'S a good question!...............It could be.....probably is..........People gather around the board anticipating communicating with spirits from the otherworld and open themselves up, quite often forgetting or not realizing that protection is important.
Old 27-07-2013, 01:38 AM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat
Hello,
I've been wanting to use a ouija board, i looked up how to use it safely but i have a few questions on how to use it alone:
-Do i close my eyes when the indicator moves under my fingers? (my mom said i should)
-do i place fingers of both hands on the indicator for it to work?

Thanks for your help and kindness

Also, if you don't beleive in ouija boards or think they're evil, please keep that to yourself. I am convinced that they work and that they can' be used for genuinly good purposes :)

-M

Hi all.
I have read the thread and find the responses interesting

I have been studying the ideomotor effect for many years now and have developed speculation as to what is happening which I will share.

I can say that if you want to use this method (Ouija) MadCat do so in a scientific manner and you wont be disappointed.

I will share more on my own experiences with this method of communication in a couple of days

Cheers

William
Old 27-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Master

Ah, yes, unconscious motions!
Old 27-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Mazulu

Even if you have a good spirit who is trying to communicate through the Ouija board, it takes at least two physically alive people to move the pointer. You never really know if the other person is sincerely trying to communicate with a spirit or if the other person is an insincere prankster who wants to play a prank at your expense. In the regard, Ouija boards are a bad form of divination.
Old 28-07-2013, 01:14 AM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Ah, yes, unconscious motions!

Subconscious motions.
Old 28-07-2013, 01:17 AM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
It takes at least two physically alive people to move the pointer.

This has not been the case in my experience. The ideomotor effect works just as well, and perhaps more effectively with one individual.
Old 28-07-2013, 02:12 AM
William

Quote:
If you keep your eyes open then you might just be looking at the letters and letting your subconscious speak.

From a purely scientific stance, as far as I am aware, ideomotor effect has been linked with unconscious interaction, and the 'unconscious' part has to do with the individual(s) not being conscious that this is what is occurring and consigning other reasons for why the effect works, such as 'spirits of the dead'.

Skeptics also agree with this stance of opinion, in regard to the effect (why the pointer moves and spells out messages.)

This opinion has some validity.

What seems to being said by scientific analysis is that the individual is not aware (is unconscious to the fact) that they are essentially messaging themselves based on personal expectation and bias.

However through my own studies I have found that the messaging has often been deeper in content than my consciousness has ever thought about (if that makes sense) which is exactly WHY there is a tendency to believe that what comes through in the form of communicated message is often assigned to some higher consciousness outside ones own focus of self awareness/identity.

Through ideomotor interactions over a long period of time, I was eventually informed that I was really talking with an aspect of myself which played the parts of all the various characters with whom I communed with and in many cases became friends with or close to on an emotional level.

The reason the 'parts' had been played had to do with my own belief systems which this 'deeper' aspect of my self worked with (because that is all it had to work with at the time) until a point in the relationship had been reached where this truer information could be given without the risk of the relationship ending.

Be that as it may, the various characters I interacted with through the process were quite beneficial for me, holistically speaking.
But there still came a time when such things needed to be laid to rest in order for the communications process to 'level up' for want of a better term.

So - in keeping with science, the only conclusion I can make (so far) is that the interaction has to do with Consciousness and Subconsciousness.

What Science understands as the Subconsciousness is mostly that it is not 'conscious' at all, due to the processes scientists use in relation to studying subconsciousness and as far as I am aware, no science is investigating the possibility that the Subconscious is actually Conscious.

The explanation from many who believe in...paranormal/supernatural...tend to claim that communication is happening because of an outside factor (invisible consciousnesses) and this is something which cannot be proven scientifically at present time, so cannot be verified as factual.

In keeping with science/physical evidence and measurement then, my own speculation about what is occurring is that when I am communing through ideomotor effect, with the aspect of my self which is rather more knowledgeable than I consciously am, this aspect most likely is the Subconsciousness and while Subconsciousness is still rather a mystery to science, there is - to the best of mu knowledge so far - no evidence to say that I am incorrect in my speculation so far.