Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-05-2011, 01:02 PM
amy green

If humans are all spiritual beings, perhaps a more pertinent question would be to ask what does it mean to be spiritually developed?

My answer to this is that it involves diminishing of the ego, being always mindful of the quality of interaction with others, continually striving to become more like our higher self, always learning lessons from our flaws. Also being able to see the "bigger picture" more, i.e. why people are the way they are, being compassionate - trying to continually "make a difference", by such acts as random acts of kindness. To be graceful, in harmony and loving.
I'm not saying I always achieve this but these are my constant drives.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
If humans are all spiritual beings, perhaps a more pertinent question would be to ask what does it mean to be spiritually developed?
Good point! And since we are "works in progress"... maybe "what does it mean to be spiritually developing?"
That would unique to each individual... but I think mainly... self awareness - & harmonizing the intellect/temporary part of us with the spiritual/eternal part.

Amy, I like that you mentioned our interaction with others... I think that is key to harmonizing both aspects of us, also realizing we don't always reach our ideals, yet we strive to.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Sylvester088

Perhaps there's numerous circumstances that lead one to become a 'spiritual person'. One of these which I believe to be predominant is the circumstance of depression, which has been defined as an 'acute sense of morallity.' First I read this I was displeased as I feel morallity to be an inherent part of spirituallity, so it seemed unjustifiable that it should be a burden. I later realized that this is overcome when, through practice, love is applied to our righteousness, and appreciation even to displeasing circumstances, as they are desined for our utmost benefit, but disbenefit us if we do not humble ourselves to acceptance.

I think that a spiritual person has a high ideal, hence is driven to act on an inner sense and belief that we are created to evolve toward perfection beyond that which is concieved by a 'chaotic universe' philosophy, but rather because we are of a devine origin. A spiritual person endeavours spiritual evolution; self-development and an ultimate surrender to service of the whole and it's parts, because he knows this to be his purpose, and in it will find all contentment, and enlightment.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green

The question for me there is how do you measure Spiritual development? Is an Indigo more Spiritually developed than someone who has just started on their Journey? In terms of the Soul and Past Lives, supposing someone was an Indigo in a Past Life and in this Life needed the experience of not being Spiritual? Because not being Spiritual could well have its benefits for the Soul and its Spiritual Path as much as being an Indigo. Who sets the benchmarks as to what Spirituality developed is?

I believe it's more about understanding where we are, right here right now. Perhaps it's your Path to come onto these forums to reach the dizzying heights of Spirituality, looking out at those that are not in the least bit Spiritual. But in doing that, are you climbing the ladder into an ivory tower perhaps? Or is the heights of that tower just another way of looking at the Universe? Perhaps the Soul has climbed down from its ivory tower to come down and walk the beaten track, which is why we're here.

Everyone is looking for the answers. We already have the answers - we already ARE the answers. Now. what's the question?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The question for me there is how do you measure Spiritual development? Is an Indigo more Spiritually developed than someone who has just started on their Journey? In terms of the Soul and Past Lives, supposing someone was an Indigo in a Past Life and in this Life needed the experience of not being Spiritual? Because not being Spiritual could well have its benefits for the Soul and its Spiritual Path as much as being an Indigo. Who sets the benchmarks as to what Spirituality developed is?

I believe it's more about understanding where we are, right here right now. Perhaps it's your Path to come onto these forums to reach the dizzying heights of Spirituality, looking out at those that are not in the least bit Spiritual. But in doing that, are you climbing the ladder into an ivory tower perhaps? Or is the heights of that tower just another way of looking at the Universe? Perhaps the Soul has climbed down from its ivory tower to come down and walk the beaten track, which is why we're here.

Everyone is looking for the answers. We already have the answers - we already ARE the answers. Now. what's the question?

Great point, Mr Greenslade,

I believe that there are people who probably don't question anything and just live as per their instincts and/or vibes.

zipzip