Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 29-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Master
Guh I have so many I like. My favorites tend to be young adult novels. They speak to me.

"The Giver" might have to be one of my all time favorites. The message is very profound--and it leaves one open to think if Jonas made the right decision.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't have favorites, I do book collect and thrift shop often for books. Name it, I have collected it however, my primary focus are always social science/ history. Health and psychology second, and old school poetry is a nice grab too. The older the literature the better.
The spiritual book that sits on my desk because I value it is The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz. Simple, to the point and doesn't get too rhetorical.

Gr33nLuv: I liked reading Sylvia Browne books when I was coming of age, she was a prerequisite for me in getting into spiritual type books. Mediumship books are always a fun read for me.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Newbie ;)

There are so many amazing books out there!!

One of the tops out there has go to :

Manifest Your Destiny - The 9 Spiritual Principles for Getting Everything You Want, by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Everything and anything by John Randolph Price...especially The Superbeings and The Angels within Us.

Would sure like to connect with others who have read his book. : )

Cheers~
Old 13-12-2015, 01:01 AM
Administrator
I Am not a reader if but if I hear of a book I might be interested in it has to capture me by the cover,if it doesn't I leave it.

Namaste
Old 13-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Deactivated Account

I lied, I do have favorites. Shel Silverstein. I also like The Giving Tree. I learned how to read with these books, so he has a special place in my heart.

Old 13-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I lied, I do have favorites. Shel Silverstein. I also like The Giving Tree. I learned how to read with these books, so he has a special place in my heart.

I love these books too, Clover! Except, I haven't read the last book by Shel Silverstein that you posted....

I have many favorites so it's really difficult to choose one... I'll be back later.

love and light,
serene
Old 13-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Deactivated Account

The giving tree is a classic. It hits the spot for mothers who have boys. The author received a lot of criticism from feminists for the boy being selfish. He took every thing from the tree, lol. For me, it portrays how selfless/nurtures women are in nature, which is both a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it.
It's a special book

Actual narration by Shel Silverstein himself. 1973
https://youtu.be/1TZCP6OqRlE

Old 21-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Newbie ;)

kala jadu aur jinnat

This is the best book about conjuration of jinns.
Old 21-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Suspended

One of my favorite Self Help/Spirituality books is Infinite Self - 33 Steps to Reclaiming Your Inner Power by Stuart Wilde. it's one of those books I gain a new insight if it's been a while since I've read it.

Other books I really enjoy:

The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Harry Potter
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana jones
Watership Down
The Chronicles of Narnia
His Dark Materials (It's been ages since I read this one!)
The Sight by David Clement-Davies - This one is about wolves
Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davis

Just about anything written by Stephen King

Last but not least, I absolutely love the Calvin and Hobbes comics. :)