Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Existence is,...
... Make yourself a better one.
Wait... Who are you?
You said, your consciousness is nondual.
And then you said, I cannot experience nondual.
Are you implying that I am not consciousness? And you are?
If so, how are you communicating with me and how come I am aware of your communication, if I am not conscious?
Old 21-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Wait... Who are you?
You said, your consciousness is nondual.
And then you said, I cannot experience nondual.
Are you implying that I am not consciousness? And you are?
I didn't say any of that.
Old 21-07-2022, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I didn't say any of that.
So consciousness isn't non-dual afterall?
Old 22-07-2022, 02:50 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
How does awareness become? Or does awareness never become? And if it doesn't become, then why is there so much change in awareness?
Mind changes and awareness is the Light of Pure Knowing that illumines said changes.

Think about 2+2=4. Is the thought 2+2=4 aware of you or are you aware of the thought 2+2=4? Think about the color red. Is the thought of red aware of you or are you aware of the thought of red?

That which is aware of both thoughts doesn't change just like the light in the beam of a flashlight doesn't change based on what it illumines.
Old 22-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Mind ...
... illumines.
Thanks.

Can this unchanging awareness become aware of itself?
Old 22-07-2022, 06:33 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
So consciousness isn't non-dual afterall?
Which consciousness? The differentiated conscious of the ego is Dual, the undifferentiated consciousness of the self/Atman is either non-Dual or both depending on the perspective. Y'see, both Duality and non-Duality are 'objects' of consciousness, which is Duality.
Old 22-07-2022, 07:44 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Can this unchanging awareness become aware of itself?
Not directly as an object. It's like the eye cannot see itself but its existence is self-evident by the very fact it sees.

As Descartes pondered "I think, therefore I am", meaning if he dismissed every single thing - including body - as being illusion the one thing he couldn't dismiss as being illusion was the very mental exercise in and of itself. The dismissal of everything as illusion could not be an illusion.

Push that one step deeper to consciousness but the difference, and it's a big one, is while Descartes' is an intellectual exercise the deeper level is Realization beyond mind. The kicker is that very Realization is constantly illumining mind, however one habit of mind and carried out by ego/Ahamkara is to make that its own. In essence the signal is drowned out by the noise.

The simple approach of Ramana Maharshi's "Who Am I?" Self-inquiry is to both quiet mind and reorient inward to the sense of "I Am". Reduce the noise and follow the signal until Realization there is no noise, only Signal.
Old 24-07-2022, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Not directly as an object. It's like the eye cannot see itself but its existence is self-evident by the very fact it sees.
Thanks, now I finally understand what you mean, and how you speak. And how you view the awareness.

So this aspect of awareness that cannot become aware of itself, but it's awareness is self evident (which is, by the way, a beautiful word, which is going into my vocabulary, thank you very much.).

This is a very good explanation, I cannot thank you enough.

Thank you.

Self evident, such a good word.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Is consciousness non-dual?

And if it is, how come there exists only a becoming in my consciousness?
Why is my consciousness eternally changing?
Even acknowledging "I am aware of the change, and I am not this change." It changes my consciousness...
Your consciousness and my consciousness is non-dual because they are the one and the same consciousness.

Our personal and subjective imagination, eternally and internally changes our consciousness, and how we view our environment/surroundings. Consciousness is (also) conscious of our imagination, and of the illusions, delusions, and etc our imaginations create.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Also, the last phrase is a cliche. It is meant to sound profound, but it isn't. The face is as much reality as the mirror and the reflection are.
Yep, the face, and the reflection of the face in the mirror are both in reality, so it doesn't really matter.