Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Librarian
Also, don't forget that evidence and proof are not the same thing. Just because something has apparent evidence, doesn't mean it is true.

a little ot... but just as an aside it is given to me to know that the statement you just made can also be applied to most scientific theories. There are a lot of very compelling lies being told...
Old 23-03-2014, 12:21 AM
The Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
a little ot... but just as an aside it is given to me to know that the statement you just made can also be applied to most scientific theories. There are a lot of very compelling lies being told...

A little off? What is? Evidence supports proof. Proof is definite, evidence is contributive.

I'm not defending scientific theories, I fully realise that it can be applied to most of them. I'm saying that both sides have big gaping holes in, and everybody can believe what they like because nobody (including science and scientific theories) can definitively say that they're perfectly correct and that others are wrong. Both sides have a lot of members who think that they CAN do this, but nobody can really, so what I'm defending is everybody's right to believe whatever they want, that's my argument here.

The Librarian
Old 23-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Master

Quote:
A little off? What is? Evidence supports proof. Proof is definite, evidence is contributive.

I'm not defending scientific theories, I fully realise that it can be applied to most of them. I'm saying that both sides have big gaping holes in, and everybody can believe what they like because nobody (including science and scientific theories) can definitively say that they're perfectly correct and that others are wrong. Both sides have a lot of members who think that they CAN do this, but nobody can really, so what I'm defending is everybody's right to believe whatever they want, that's my argument here.

The Librarian

Oh by 'ot' i intended to mean my comment was off the current topic... no I think I was actually saying the same thing you are, I think a scientific theory is not the same as an immutable fact no matter how much evidence supports it lol! And that goes for all the other stuff that is being expounded upon as well!
Old 23-03-2014, 11:56 AM
The Librarian

Oh, woops. I assumed "ot" was a typo. Sorry

The librarian
Old 23-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
-----

1) Science and religion are BOTH limited points of view.

2) No you can't, because it is your BELIEF there are mean and nasty spirits that do that. There is accumulating EVIDENCE (not proof) that our consciousness continues after our physical bodies die.

3)Based on near death experience 'evidence'. Unless you can give me some evidence other than personal experiences and word of mouth, that point is not particularly well founded.

-----

I'm of the belief that demons and spirits are real, I'm not arguing with you on that point, the only thing I was attempting to say to begin with is that the existence of one thing does not automatically prove the existence of another. Just because spirits exist, it makes it more likely there is a god, but it doesn't make it true.

I believe that there is mounting evidence for demons and spirits and possession. This rapidly increased with the introduction of EEG's, brain pattern readers, video cameras and voice recorders. But I believe that this far outweighs the evidence for a god. I'm not saying that you're incorrect, as you might be correct as far as I know. I'm just telling you that I choose to believe in one and not the other, and that I am spiritual while also being atheistic, in response to your first bit a few posts back.

I'm not attacking your beliefs, I'm just saying you should accept that yours might not be the "be all and end all", and that some other beliefs may have foundation and good standing. I'm not trying to have an argument, seriously.

Respectfully,
The librarian

3 Minute Surveillance Camera Video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586868/What-ghost-come-Surveillance-footage-New-Hampshire-store-glass-object-FLYING-table-breaking-ground.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Suspended
Morph - the Daily Mail is ridiculed in the UK. It's not to be taken seriously. (Just a heads up)
Old 24-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Master

Things aren't always what they seem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlOxlSOr3_M
Old 25-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Master
Point is, the ocasional fraud nothwithstanding, these things are happening more frequently having to do with the camera technology being utilized.

Also, here is something...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2314781/Believing-God-help-treat-depression.html

"Faith in a higher being has been found to significantly improve treatment for people suffering with a psychiatric illness, according to research carried out by McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Faith in a higher being has been found to significantly improve treatment for people suffering with a psychiatric illness, according to research carried out by McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts."
The placebo effect is truly wonderful isn't it?
Old 25-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Point is, the ocasional fraud nothwithstanding, these things are happening more frequently having to do with the camera technology being utilized.

Also, here is something...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2314781/Believing-God-help-treat-depression.html

Why shouldn't it? I mean I get why the atheists would try to destroy an image of a Christian God of hellfire and damnation. I get that. But atheist/skeptics have gone too far by trying to destroy all religion which is causing depression. Atheist skeptics get on their high horse about wanting scientific evidence. And when evidence of the paranormal, evidence of spirits, evidence of ghosts, evidence of demonic attacks, evidence of near death experiences, and lack of neuroscientists to be able to isolate the cause of consciousness, skeptics and atheists act stupid, they turn away from the evidence, they ignore the fundamental building blocks of reality (quantum field theory - particles and fields). Honestly, how many victims of hauntings have to get shoved down the stairs, scratched, bitten and psychically haunted by evil spirits before the skeptics finally say, "hey, maybe there really are ghosts, and spirits, and an afterlife."

If you want definite proof of the afterlife, then change your motives to a sincere search for evidence. Change your motives to a sincere search for communication with the spirit world. Spirits of love and light will bring evidence to you over time, so be patient.