Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 21-03-2024, 05:47 AM
Master
A company that most if anybody had ever heard of was the Eckert–Mauchly Computer Corporation (EMCC) which built the first, modern computer - ENIAC in 1945.

........... we have come a long, long ways.

By the way, what is that around the corner?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-03-2024, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
'Catholic' is perceived by me as being 'Universal'.

Are you inclined toward being 'Universal'?

I don't know what you mean by universal. Jesus said he didn't want a religion based on his teachings. I didn't pay much attention when I went to Sunday school because I thought it was so boring and the Bible didn't make much sense to me. When I found out about the theory of evolution in the 1960's I was fasinated by it and checked out books from the public library about Richard Leaky and showed them to my freinds in the neighborhood. One family seemed to start hating me for some reason and one day I asked one of them why and he said "evolution, revolution". Later, he ended up dropping out of the 8th grade and had a police record a mile long. The Catholic church almost looks like some kind of continuation of the Roman empire to me.
Old 23-03-2024, 02:43 PM
Master
Catholic comes from the Greek in which the Greek word means universal, world -wide, etc.

I used it as a pun.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-03-2024, 04:10 AM
Master
Remember when people had typewriters?

Remember the IBM Selectric with it removable font ball which allowed a person to use different font styles, that is if they had those font balls?

Old 25-03-2024, 07:54 AM
Master

....Remember when people used to write with a pen, on paper LOL...
Old 25-03-2024, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
Plus a lot of people can't afford the internet connection ....e

The sad thing is that lots of free internet data is being provided but people are not claiming it, can't blame them though as the organisations I tried seem to make it very awkward, on a low income I was paying expensive for PAYG phone until I went round the houses and after much enquiring I was given a free six month internet and free calls and text Sims , the person that gave it me had a drawer full of them and they were almost out of date as you have to activate them prior to a certain date.

https://www.goodthingsfoundation.org/national-databank/

have developed a comprehensive service for digitally excluded people. An offer which any local organisation – anywhere in the UK – can use to Fix the Digital Divide in their communities.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/everyone-connected

Donating connectivity and tech
Working with partners we will continue to donate mobile connectivity and technology to those who need it most.
Old 25-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
....Remember when people used to write with a pen, on paper LOL...

..... and we wrote cursively. They don't teach that in school where I live. For some, it looks like gibberish.

Old 25-03-2024, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Remember when people had typewriters?

Remember the IBM Selectric with it removable font ball which allowed a person to use different font styles, that is if they had those font balls?

I still have a Smith Corona PWP365 electronic typewriter which has a floppy drive for storing text files, a display and has a daisy wheel printer in it. I also have a Smith Corona XE1950 typewriter and a Smith Corona TP-1 daisy wheel printer which I used to use with my Commodore 64 computer until my cat peed on the printer and it stopped working.
Old 26-03-2024, 12:10 AM
Master
Some of the Smith Corona electric typewriters were an art of work.
There way of decoding on certain models which key that was depressed was done analogally and then digitally as opposed to being done digitally. If I remember right, when a key was depressed, it struck a sounding bar. At the end of the sounding bar, a transducer converted that sound to digital.

Old 26-03-2024, 10:15 PM
Master

Quote:
..... and we wrote cursively. They don't teach that in school where I live. For some, it looks like gibberish.

the legislators where I am are starting to mandate that it be taught again. Apparently, there is some problem when noone is able to sign their own name????? Go figure.