Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
SW

“... the statement of Ramana Maharshi that "the Light projects the brain and the impressions in the brain manifest in the body and the world".

MM

For some reason, I didn’t get that the first time. I do now. It makes perfect sense.

The Ramana Maharshi statement is indeed difficult to "get the first time". Before reading that statement, I had come to the same conclusion as Ramana Maharshi during my conscious sleep meditations. In conscious sleep, one can watch the dream process from start to finish. I was curious to discover how everyone in a dream sees the same dream world and interacts. I was also curious to discover when "time" manifests. (It manifests in a dream --- at least in my dreams --- only when interactions in the dream world must be coordinated in some way. Otherwise, there is a free flow and a sense of timelessness.) Eventually, I observed that I (the dreamer) set a general "script" (for lack of a better word) for the entire dream with details worked out unconsciously as the dream progressed while identifying with a particular dream-object.

Eventually, of course, as dreams became more and more "lucid" and one realizes that one has total control over them, the dreams started to cease altogether and were replaced more by stillness or by bursts of visionary activity.

Obviously, these are more advanced aspects of the practice after the "normal" dream activity, which everyone experiences, progresses to lucid dreaming and then on to conscious awareness of the dream formation process.

Employing inductive reasoning ("As above so below" Hermetic principle OR the "Man is made in the image of God" Biblical principle), the implications pointed to what Ramana Maharshi explicitly stated.

(I hope that this makes some sense to you and sounds somewhat coherent. )
Old 12-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think he walked out of the tomb.

Flesh and bone and blood are all components of a body.

Jesus said the Kingdom of God is within.... So you don't inherit anything really...

Meanwhile, regarding the above sky, Paul also speaks of the resurrected body, and Jesus is referred to as the "firstfruits", thereof.

Scripture says that, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven".
1Cor. 15:50
But of course, Jesus after His resurrection, appeared to the disciples in material form.
John 20:24-29

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Meanwhile, regarding the above sky, Paul also speaks of the resurrected body, and Jesus is referred to as the "firstfruits", thereof.

Scripture says that, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven".
1Cor. 15:50
But of course, Jesus after His resurrection, appeared to the disciples in material form.
John 20:24-29

' Scripture says that, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven". '

Don't believe everything Scriptures say

If the Kingdom of heaven is a state of mind which I personally believe it is, I definitely need flesh and blood, my mind wouldn't work very well without them
Old 12-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
' Scripture says that, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven". '

If the Kingdom of heaven is a state of mind which I personally believe it is, I definitely need flesh and blood, my mind wouldn't work very well without them

Well, I do believe everything. Though perhaps not in the way most do.
You say "heaven is a state of mind" ?
Sky, tell it to those caught in war torn zones, and in the other most unfortunate situations.
You maintain a certain flighty disconnect, perhaps based on present comfortable material circumstances.

But, as stated elsewhere, change is an integral situation to this temporary "world".
Which Siddartha also commented on.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-09-2019, 03:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
The Ramana Maharshi statement is indeed difficult to "get the first time". Before reading that statement, I had come to the same conclusion as Ramana Maharshi during my conscious sleep meditations. In conscious sleep, one can watch the dream process from start to finish. I was curious to discover how everyone in a dream sees the same dream world and interacts. I was also curious to discover when "time" manifests. (It manifests in a dream --- at least in my dreams --- only when interactions in the dream world must be coordinated in some way. Otherwise, there is a free flow and a sense of timelessness.) Eventually, I observed that I (the dreamer) set a general "script" (for lack of a better word) for the entire dream with details worked out unconsciously as the dream progressed while identifying with a particular dream-object.

Eventually, of course, as dreams became more and more "lucid" and one realizes that one has total control over them, the dreams started to cease altogether and were replaced more by stillness or by bursts of visionary activity.

Obviously, these are more advanced aspects of the practice after the "normal" dream activity, which everyone experiences, progresses to lucid dreaming and then on to conscious awareness of the dream formation process.

Employing inductive reasoning ("As above so below" Hermetic principle OR the "Man is made in the image of God" Biblical principle), the implications pointed to what Ramana Maharshi explicitly stated.

(I hope that this makes some sense to you and sounds somewhat coherent. )

It does (make sense). At first, I’ll admit that I was a little confused because I thought that you had understood Marsharshi’s quote in a different way, but you clarified that you understood it in the same way as I do in the last part of your post.

The “light burst” experience during the dream sounds extremely cool!!

What I also find interesting about your experience is that is that last night, I stumbled across something on the Internet that mentioned the fact that Dreams represent a form of Pralaya (Dissolving Or Sense Withdrawal). One of the reasons why that caught my attention was because I remember you mentioning something similar to that not long before I stumbled across the article.

But then I also throught about what you said regarding the Crown. But at the time, I didn’t bookmark the article, so after reading your post, I tried to re-find it by googling “Pralaya Dreams.” Although I didn’t find, the first thing that popped up was this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/pral...consciousness/

The moment I saw that, I began to wonder if you had read this article, because it just seems like I remember you quoting something that was from that article.

Either that or the Pralaya is playing tricks on my mind. lol
Old 13-09-2019, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:

If you look at the first Chapter of Genesis, the first Heaven mentioned is well defined. We are in it.

But then there are other Heavens.
So which Heaven is the Kingdom of God.........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2019, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well, I do believe everything. Though perhaps not in the way most do.
You say "heaven is a state of mind" ?
Sky, tell it to those caught in war torn zones, and in the other most unfortunate situations.
You maintain a certain flighty disconnect, perhaps based on present comfortable material circumstances.

But, as stated elsewhere, change is an integral situation to this temporary "world".
Which Siddartha also commented on.

' Sky, tell it to those caught in war torn zones, and in the other most unfortunate situations '

Outside circumstances don't have to affect the mind, it depends how you control your thoughts....
Old 13-09-2019, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you look at the first Chapter of Genesis, the first Heaven mentioned is well defined. We are in it.

But then there are other Heavens.
So which Heaven is the Kingdom of God.........

' so which Heaven is the Kingdom of God '

Take your pick
Old 13-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Master
Maybe they created other Heavens nobody knows about.............
but then, how will people find it?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2019, 06:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Maybe they created other Heavens nobody knows about.............
but then, how will people find it?

Maybe the other unknown Heavens are just for the Elites ' Chosen Ones ' , God only knows...