Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Argento

Some religious people are nice, some are nasty. Same with Atheists.

All the aforementioned virtues are innate to all..........I don't need guidance to be nice, I just do it......like eating...It just happens.

In my experience, the religious people are much quicker to condemn others since they view the world through the lens of what they've been taught, rather than using their own fresh perspective.
I have also met many a kind religious person.........

In the end, it doesn't seem to matter whether you follow a book or not.
Religious people will continue to feel that the rest are in trouble, and Atheists will continue to assert that the holy people are followers....

Same debate.......never an answer
Old 21-03-2014, 09:43 AM
alhambra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
Nice avatar.
'You will know them by there actions' comes to mind, Christians, Muslims, or whatever we choose to be or not to be is not important, its the way we behave and treat others thats important.
Old 21-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Exactly. They are not atheists - they kill because of their religion.

communism is not religion but many have been killed in its name. same with democracies of course. so atheists may kill because of their political beliefs just like religious nuts might kill because of their religious beliefs. both can be as equally potentially harmfull.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 21-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Mazulu

I finally understand how science and religion fit together, and I could teach it to you, except that you might go insane or I might go insane. It is far from meaningless or random as the atheists say; in fact, it is more like infinite government, only it's personal and you can never die.
Old 22-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
so atheists may kill because of their political beliefs .
That's correct; as may religious people.
An atheist will never kill for their religious beliefs though, which was my point. If you read early posts I have already made my thoughts clear.
Old 22-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Master
i don't get the point. the implication seems to be that being atheist makes someone a safer being. an atheist who kills for beliefs other than religious can be more dangerous than one who doesn't; outwardly and relatively

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 22-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Mazulu

Atheists don't kill for their values because there is nothing valuable about atheism.
Old 22-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
i don't get the point. the implication seems to be that being atheist makes someone a safer being. an atheist who kills for beliefs other than religious can be more dangerous than one who doesn't; outwardly and relatively
An atheist may kill for their political beliefs, though most wouldn't.
A religious person may kill for their political beliefs and their religious beliefs, though again, most wouldn't.

My point is not that atheists are 'safer' than religious folk - they are, in my opinion the same.
The point is that atheists are no worse than religious people, which is the question in hand. I do not think atheists are 'better,' neither do I think they are worse.
Old 22-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
An atheist may kill for their political beliefs, though most wouldn't.
A religious person may kill for their political beliefs and their religious beliefs, though again, most wouldn't.

My point is not that atheists are 'safer' than religious folk - they are, in my opinion the same.
The point is that atheists are no worse than religious people, which is the question in hand. I do not think atheists are 'better,' neither do I think they are worse.

everyone kills with words; its all the same in my book. beliefs and idealogies separate regardless. just because some don't act out by killing doesn't make them safer.

atheists are no worse or better than religious folk; i can go with that. begs the question why aren't atheists "safer" as humans?

Old 22-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
begs the question why aren't atheists "safer" as humans?
Because we're all the same.