Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 03:21 PM
'The art of illusion / deception lies in shifting blame.'

I talk about this ALL the time!
(''Knock off starting sentences with She, she, she, they, they, they..for a whole WEEK!'')

I would say it as:
The art of illusion / deception lies in blaming!
Period!
Ha!
What a trap of the egoic mind! Self-righteousness, blame -

pointing a finger...3 pointing back at you.
Ramana Maharishi talked with some Westerners and said this is big stifling of spiritual progress you all have ..
along with judging and (gossipy thoughts even.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-06-2021, 10:05 PM
Master
QUOTE 323 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
'The art of illusion / deception lies in shifting blame.'

I talk about this ALL the time!
(''Knock off starting sentences with She, she, she, they, they, they..for a whole WEEK!'')

Well said and concisely said.

In keeping with that, two of my favorite quotes attributed to Jesus are:

1. "Judge not lest ye be judged."

2. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

P.S. I noticed that you did not address starting sentences with "he".
Old 07-06-2021, 12:37 PM
Master

Considerations Eighty-Four …

Three Processes of Soul …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

I searched for a word that would be better than ‘processes’ … perceptions / faculties / activities / modus operandi / abilities / approaches / etc … all trying to come up with a good work for the way Soul Itself interacts with LIFE … and Life. I just settled on … processes … or abilities … for no particular reason. There is no pertinent word to carry it all.

Soul Itself has three main interactions … or processes … within Itself. It’s rather easy to see how these processes ways of perceiving LIFE are utilized in and by the Lower Psychic bodies of mind, physical body, and emotions. Worlds processes of mind, emotions, and body.

These three faculties of Soul are perception … or the ability to *see* … identification or specification … or the ability to *know* … and assumption … or the ability to *be.*

Obviously … there are differing ways of “seeing” … as all is not of a visual image. There is a sensing-ness … and this is a general discerning or distinguishing of what is not “visual” around the individual. This is the way of Soul Itself … and of the spiritual senses.

To “know” something is identification to the extent that you deeply grasp the parameters of what you are perceiving … and by combining seeing and knowing … you can literally “be” that perception as complete.

To “BE” … is not merely another word for “existence” … as in … just BE … or just EXIST … drifting along with little designation of what it is you are perceiving.

Soul is an individualized creation or aspect of Divine Spirit IT-self … and so is designated from others Souls by It’s own identity and experiences. One individual Soul is not *all* other Souls at once … therefore … to “Be” at least carries the awareness that you are indeed this individualized creation.

As stated above … it’s easy to understand how these three abilities or facets of Soul Itself are utilized and hijacked by the Lower Psychic World facets of mind, physical body, and emotions. The mind mostly gains its habits and beliefs through the physical attributes of visual sight and hearing. Thus … we see … and identify. We feel via the emotions … giving rise to belief. Believe enough … and you “know” … as far as the Lower Psychic World facet can convey.

Combining these lower and upper world abilities or perceptions … we slowly … *very* slowly … learn to recognize cause … and act or thought that leads to results … or effects. Being the basis of karma … this leads to an increased understanding of cause and effect … and the behavior patterns that lead to actions and reaction. Soon we begin to uncover our overall individual character … what we do and why we do it. We begin to juggle possibilities and tendencies … as to their benefit and where they might lead us. We begin to understand what we have “gotten” … or acquired … or attained … and can somewhat look back in time / history to better understand long-forgotten causes and their results.

Soon … we begin to perceive beyond the physical senses … which opens up vast worlds previously unknown. It is what is “beyond” our limited physical sensations that later form and designate our world around us … in the Lower Psychic Worlds themselves. With the emotional body being “beyond” or above the physical … with the mind being “beyond” or above the physical body and the emotions … and all of the facets of Soul Itself being “beyond” or above the Lower Psychic Worlds themselves … the Lower Psychic Worlds bodies being “outside” or not a core part of Soul Itself … we continue to draw distinctions … until we begin to lift up and away from the Lower Psychic Worlds and discover what we truly are as Soul.

The Lower Psychic Worlds facets of mind, body, and emotions cannot … and will not … know what Soul is and is not … until that individual Soul “gets there.” Declaration and demand doesn’t do it … if for no other reason … mind is wholly capable of designing anything it wishes to design and mentally believe it.

Soul is pretty much an individual state of consciousness … just that … each individual Soul’s scenario from which It designs Its understanding of Life around It … mostly … down into the Lower Psychic Worlds … since that is the training grounds from which to gather experience.

You as Soul control all matter on the Lower Worlds. You are part of the centrifugal wave from the Fountainhead. If you detach yourself from this wave - - you can look into it and see all things. Whatever you wish to observe - - you bring that reality to you immediately. Becoming objective to your various scenarios assist in the understanding of them. You cannot identify and do much with an established belief system until you can get above it. To identify a problem while immersed within it … is all but impossible. You cannot see “where you are” until you gain an overview from above it … just as climbing the hill to get an overview of the valley.

Mind loves to believe … gathering opinions and theories to substantiate the belief. Even after stepping above and beyond the Lower Psychic Worlds into the 5th Plane of the Pure God Worlds … one will continue to utilize this approach in dealing with these Lower Psychic Worlds but with greater refinement. The main strivings of the Lower Psychic Worlds as of late is to gain power … which is power *over* … and to accumulate. This gives us the false sense of security in the Lower Psychic Worlds … which is about the best we can do with what we’ve got to work with while here.

It is when one begins to detach from the Lower Psychic Worlds … which is a letting go of the importance of the features here … while still recognizing their value and necessity to earn our way through our lifetimes. We will learn to recognize the value of relationships, housing, jobs, possessions, positions, etc … will not allowing these same features to *define* us. At that level … we can simply appreciate and interact with the Lower Psychic Worlds while keeping ourselves up and out of it. Again … living in two worlds.

There *is* leeway. Balance a pencil on ones finger and the pencil can lean quite far one way or another before falling off … and … can also be quite horizontal and balanced for much of the time. In that same sense … even though we understand what the features of the Lower Psychic Worlds are … we can give a bit more “warmth” or “value” to some scenarios while truly staying balanced in most others. As long as we recognize and hold to this … our learning beyond the Lower Psychic Worlds will grow and gain width.

More Thursday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

Gratitude is never felt … and can never be felt … except by those who have grown up enough to feel the reality of others.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 08-06-2021, 05:09 PM
Master
QUOTE 325 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop

Soon … we begin to perceive beyond the physical senses … which opens up vast worlds previously unknown. It is what is “beyond” our limited physical sensations that later form and designate our world around us … in the Lower Psychic Worlds themselves.

For those who have directly experienced this phenomenon, it would be interesting to hear what your reaction was when this FIRST happened.

In my particular case, the FIRST such experience happened quite "by chance" (is anything really "coincidental" ) over 50 years ago when I emerged completely symptom-free from a mind-boggling, life-transforming 3-day "irreversible coma" with a vivid recollection of all that had transpired during that period of altered consciousness. In that state, I could clearly "perceive beyond the physical senses" with VERIFIABLE remote viewing. In addition, it gave me insights into the nature of the physical body as the doctors had said that, in the unlikely event that I survived, there would be severe brain damage and/or organ damage. I realized then that the body is nothing more than projected thought and this gave me a better understanding of the nature of healing. These are just some of the things that I discovered during this happening.

Coming from a Roman Catholic background, this experience was SHOCKING as it was completely alien to anything I had read or heard previously. As mentioned before, this was literally mind-boggling and served as a catalyst to a spiritual quest that eventually led me to essentially the same conclusions identified in Zorkchop's post.

Having said that, I have come across many people in the course of my travels who have spoken or written eloquently on this subject only to realize (upon further investigation) that they had been previously conversant and well-read on the subject and thus were able to create self-fulfilling delusional "happenings" in their "dream-like visions" which appeared to be very real to them. It is often very difficult to assess such people but there are tell-tale signs if one is discerning.

My spiritual mentor directed us to PRACTICE and would only discuss such matters AFTER the direct experiences and not before ... for the obvious reason that self-fulfilling prophecies can be triggered in the form of dream-like "visions" that seem like the "real thing" but actually are not. As Zorkchop mentioned in his post, "mind is wholly capable of designing anything it wishes to design and mentally believe it". That is why it is often wise to focus on practice and, only after the direct experiences, then read. It would be interesting to hear people's thoughts regarding this point. In any case, that is how I was taught and it was indeed very very frustrating at times but it worked out for the best (for me) because I now have no doubts whatsoever regarding this particular aspect of the Reality.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 325 EXCERPT:
For those who have directly experienced this phenomenon, it would be interesting to hear what your reaction was when this FIRST happened.

For me, I was three years old. I was sat up in bed in the middle of the night, watching the astral world and playing with a consciousness who had decided to try and engage me to see if I would play back. He was throwing showers of red sparkle 'lights' on me and I was amazed and having a ball. :) My first reaction was to try and touch them physically, lol. One of my precious memories of early childhood.

Loved your entire post. Yes, it's very interesting to watch the whole self-fulfilling delusional fantasy dream-like vision thing happening with some people. Tricky. Gotta step careful sometimes.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 08-06-2021, 11:34 PM
Master

Still_Waters …

Thank you. It’s not often that someone comes in and offers a reply with such benefit to others. Since the Lower Psychic Worlds bodies are pretty much geared to interacting via the physical body … it’s tough to really come to terms with just what *is* beyond the physical body.

This will be experienced via practice … not reading books or websites. And it will most often be experienced when the physical body is very settled and relaxed.

Thanks for your comment.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 09-06-2021, 07:55 PM
Master
QUOTE 327 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
Loved your entire post. Yes, it's very interesting to watch the whole self-fulfilling delusional fantasy dream-like vision thing happening with some people. Tricky. Gotta step careful sometimes.

Thank you very much not only for sharing your experience but also for the kind words.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:25 AM
ImthatIm

Still Waters in reference to #326
Nice story.
My Spiritual teacher actually threw out all my books and said:
"We live life, we don't read about it".
Old 10-06-2021, 09:33 AM
Legrand

I Love reading life.

It is really the best book
Old 10-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Master

Consideration Eighty-Five …

This … or That … Not Always …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

One of the biggest constrictions to gaining greater understanding of life around you is the belief that so much is an either-or situation … it’s either this way or that way … and many times … proclaimed as an all-or-nothing approach. I have to smile each time I read or hear the reply … “Not always … “ to much of anything. Whoever said something *had* to be only one way … on much of anything … especially in the Lower Psychic Worlds.

Let’s be acceptant here … and agree that something can be either ten percent one way or ninety percent the other. Whatever happened to the middle eleven to eighty-nine percent ?

It doesn’t take great perception to come to the realization that there are exceptions to everything in the Lower Psychic Worlds. No matter the stance … for or against … exceptions can always be found … beyond just its opposite.

Whatever happened to the Middle Path?

Whatever happened to … balance?

Again … mind and emotions don’t like that approach. Categories, labels, judgments, declarations, definitions, … that’s the name of the mind / emotions game. I am the first to admit … we have been at this in the Lower Psychic Worlds forever … seemingly.

Consider this … name something that was in evidence one hundred years ago … a person … a religious stance … a philosophical stance … a cultural habit or perspective … whatever. Is it still around in the present … still in its foundational form. No … it isn’t. It is news to very few … everything changes.

And so … the stance you hold to today … will change.

Do you want decision / control over those changes … or do you want someone / something else to make it for you.

How long has the latter approach ruled your life?

To take a chance against the status quo … carries risk. So … head towards the middle … and gain flexibility. If you *have* to do something one particular way to get the job done … do it … but it will be on *your* terms … and hopefully … for your own ends.

But the middle path … balance … is where security resides. Just as balancing a pencil on your finger … there is leeway … but the balance remains. Choosing either / or … and the balance is gone.

This even applies to higher spiritual studies in the sense that you might very well be quite advanced on the Path … and yet … you must continue and complete your incarnation here. Running off to a cave … offers little service to LIFE.

This is quite different from recognizing the extremes in any scenario but establishing oneself towards the middle so you can appreciate the extremes on either side even more. Oe slowly learns that to command that something is either one way or another … period … puts one automatically in the extreme limited range.

As always … there are exceptions. Establishing a position that there *IS* a God … of whatever sort one understands at the moment … is a position to hold to … as that position gains, builds, and widens. One still can hold the awareness of the other positions. In any position … 360 of them in circular fashion concerning any of them … there are always 359 other viewpoints to consider. One holds to a position until it needs to be refined.

This is a perfect example of the either / or ploy. Declaration … “It is this.” Reply … “Not always.”

Done. The perfect tool to keep from looking. The perfect tool to use for personal safety. No need to even consider … let alone heavily consider. To even point out the fact that it may be an “exception” only leads to replies … what *other* exceptions are there? … which drops it all into endless hairsplitting … and let’s the wrangling continue to exhaustion.

It is minds preference to define and categorize … that leads to the either / or preference. It “simplifies” things for mind.

In the end … in the mental worlds … it is simply one opinion against another. Theory … is the name of the game. This gives rise to the accumulation of data to uphold ones theories and opinions. Tack on the finding of “authority” … ad you have the power and stance of the mental worlds.

Admittedly … where does one put the individual foundation? What do you hold to and build on?

As I have pointed out before … the more one advances towards the Center … towards the Core … towards the substructure to the mind worlds … towards the bedrock … the more apt your viewpoint will hold. Sadly … the way this schoolroom is designed … if one does not listen to those who know of the greater viewpoint … then it all drops back to trial-and-error … which is the nature of the game here. Additionally … one needs a base test … a yardstick … a barometer … to get as clear of an idea as to where another is … so one can determine how much of that individuals viewpoints to consider as valid.

The continued and constant gathering of information and data makes all of this very tough indeed. The joy most often comes in the gathering of said data. Just like hobby collectibles … we can stack up what illustrates our viewpoint and dismiss all else.

The game continues.

This *will* continue … to and through … exhaustion … over and over and over again.

A corer is eventually turned where the individual focuses more on taking the best stance one can … and begins to ask fewer questions while developing the facets of strength, determination, courage, tolerance, forgiveness … the positive morals and values … to hold to the chosen stance … while keeping a subtle eye towards what might still need refinement to allow it to become even more broad and all-embracing.

This slowly leads to the development of the necessary passive virtues of humility, selflessness, economical in all things, a moderation in accumulation and perspective … which leads to humility, restraint, a broad viewpoint containing that which pertains to as much as possible ( foundational ).

Through the process of like attracts like … your own thought processes will be drawn towards those … wherever they are … of similar stance. Focus all of this around your love for God and Truth … and you eventually icier and discover the authentic Master.

It might take a while … but it can be done.

More later.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

A mimic (follower) only serves those in power or favor … a critical thinker possesses power all his own.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Closed Thread